What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Haro

Haro Commander

Siege, we definetly need SV-blocks for CVs for more details ;)

MEKNET1977, Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  2. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Mining turrets?!? On that ship? :eek: No no no no no no NO!

I'm fine with T4. My go to HV for (more or less) general use is the T4 HV.

My inner "rich bitch" wants the LXS. We'll see who wins in the end. ;)

3. lochigg

lochigg Commander

Had the same problem. Got the idea of a "POIstroyer":

derrentnertreff_2018-04-05_21-30-03.png
    derrentnertreff_2018-04-05_21-30-19.png
    derrentnertreff_2018-04-05_21-31-46.png
    derrentnertreff_2018-04-05_21-35-10.png

derrentnertreff_2018-04-05_21-36-12.png
    The small construction up there is a HV without thrusters but with 4 multitool turrets and an artillery turret with optimal attack angle:

derrentnertreff_2018-04-05_21-33-46.png

After annihilating some POIs from above (most base turrets can't attack if you are right over the base) I found a better fitting name.

The good old "Space Invader" ... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  4. UnimpressiveGoo

UnimpressiveGoo Ensign

Mostly finished the hull of my Frigate. Still needs some work on the back though.

Attached Files:

5. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

That must be how a spider feels when you put a glass over it :D

6. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Two questions:

1. Did it work?

2. Can we try?

Tyrax Lightning, rucky and Kieve like this.
  7. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

It "sorta" works - it's possible to go all the way around, but due to the way HVs work, the actual result seems to be that you kinda fall off the top where it goes flat and fly/glide towards the down-curve. But of course, since you're losing altitude at that point, the transition doesn't feel smooth and you meet the curve at an awkward angle. Then there's the going "down" part - you don't stick to the track, forward momentum seems to push you horizontal even when you're aimed downwards. So basically, rather than a smooth loop, you do a half-loop, bounce off the opposite curve, and fly/glide away several dozen meters above the track.

I'll upload the BP of it when I get home from work, for those who feel like playing with it, but functionally I'd call this one a failure. The "V-Loop" I posted earlier worked much better.

8. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

This is why I'm always bugging them for more textures and deco items.

9. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Dang, I was hoping it would turn out different than I expected. Still, what you describe does sound interesting.... perhaps someone can take it to the next step and take advantage of how the HV "falls". I know @Jenniphurr was working on something that you would correct your landing to the following track as you fell....

[edit] Forgot to mention what I did tonight. Although I am still undecided on a racer, the stand is somewhat universal. I figured out how I could do any of the numbers I was considering on one sign and a few ideas of how to do a logo on the other.

I spawned the base planetside and was going to go grab one of my prototypes to test the spotlighting when I remembered that I was hauling around @Tyrax Lightning 's truck in the bay. Looks like there needs to be some additional lighting, but the spotlights are hitting about right where I was hoping... If only a base could have spotlights then I would have hooked them right on over the tops of the signs, like giant lamp posts. I debated doing that with the CV, but there is only so much ugliness I think I am going to add on the CV... and the CV is outside the challenge parameters so I cannot have the display too dependent on it anyways.

Racers Creative_2018-04-05_20-55-07.png

I debated solar, even placed the panels and said "this will work nicely". Then I remembered that although they fit around the CV, landing and take off would be a whole different matter and there would have been collisions. Sure, there was plenty of space under the CV to put panels, but the CV casts a big shadow.... so out goes the solar. This pic was just before I removed the last piece.

Racers Creative_2018-04-05_20-57-31.png

At first draft, the signs were ugly block work. While still far from polished, they are looking a bit more solid now. I did use some wall blocks to line the one section where the CV is likely to make contact during landing. Something a bit stronger to survive possible impacts. Also added some differently placed landing gear to the CV as bumpers. Now if I could figure out a way to "beautify" the bumpers without interfering with the function--as in reducing the odds that I damage the display.

Racers Creative_2018-04-05_21-19-44.png

Tyrax Lightning, rucky and Kieve like this.
  10. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Hicks just reminded me I was going to upload these.
    "Track Parts" = two versions of the V-Loop, with and without a roof/cover. Glass has been suggested, for benefit of the spectators, I've just been too lazy to make a glass-top version. And the "MegaLoop" which I have not yet attempted to revise. Driveable, don't expect great things though.
    Find LARGE flat areas to place, these things are big.

Attached Files:

11. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

12. Aramil1701

Aramil1701 Ensign

I made a Base...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

dude spoiler tabs are your friend. look em up to keep the pictures from being quite so spammy please. Kool ship reminds me of the rectifiers from tron

Tyrax Lightning, lochigg and Kieve like this.
  14. lochigg

lochigg Commander

As you wish ;)

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

More of a chiding request actually but Thank you. :)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

:D :cool:

*Nabs Track Parts & makes priority to play with at next good chance* :D

dpburke2 and Siege Inc. like this.
  17. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

18. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

think im going to build that shipyard now off and on for a bit, the easy part is the shipyard the hardpart is the AEGIS Ground HQ building, ill have to look up some designs to get inspiration.

19. Methule

Methule Lieutenant

I don't normally post my ships but I finished one last night that turned out to be an interesting novelty, so I thought I'd share.

It's a circular ship that you can walk along the walls. Each building has a different function, such as Hotel, Factory, and so on, forming a sort of city style ship. Some spots can cause vertigo, and some halls are M.C. Escher-esque, but that's why I think it's worth sharing, the oddity of it.

So if you're looking for something to explore with some trickery to the gravity generators, the link is below.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1353894130

[​IMG]

20. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

@JDaremo Fireheart You were asking about the hull variants for the Blockade Runner so here's a pic.

Those up front and in the middle are from an earlier prototype. The interiors are fleshed out but they're in a rough state. They were made to do some quick and dirty paint job testing, nothing more, so they were never finished. The two hull variants in back are from an even earlier version and they're in even rougher shape. I'm giving some thought to turning the hull variants into real ships at some point each with a different theme(one of them will end up being a medical ship...dunno on the other yet) but that's gonna be awhile.

I've attached a copy of the .epb files for two hull variants in back if you(or anyone else) wants to play with them but holy crap do you have your work cut out for you if you plan on turning them into real ships. It'd prolly be easier to modify the Imperial Blockade Runner at this point into those hulls. Most of the work is done. You'd just have to change the cargo hold area and then throw a new coat of paint on it.

From a builder's perspective it might be interesting to walk through the earlier versions and see what changed between those and the final version.
    Area 71.2_2018-04-06_02-31-52.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018