What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I did just a quick goof-around build today.

I was thinking of a vessel that roams shipyards, repairing anything that came in.

20180419194348_1.jpg

2. Dragon

Dragon Captain

Well, it's weekend again (almost!) so I'm pondering about starting construction of a new battlestar whilst alpha 8 remains in the pipeline. It will most likely be a recreation of an older battlestar I built on Space Engineers but without the complex retractable flight pod piston stuff so, it won't spontaneously explode when going anywhere near the flight controls.

3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

RIP, my workshop file. :(

I had a save that had one of everything I have built, I was working in it the other night when I suffered a full system lockup.
    After I had rebooted, the game said that the save file was corrupt and only gave me the option to delete it.

I think I will wait to make a new workshop save until after version 8. With the larger planets I will have more room for my stuff.

4. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

5. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

You can always save every build you want from 'dead' save file, its very easy!

... thanks to morons from MS and their live experiments with Win 10, my computer sometimes have 'spontaneous' restarts so I had to save few of my builds that way (looks like I'm unlucky with some of the Win10 system files & bad MS updates, and I'm also now lazy to reinstall to try to fix things)

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

1. Create a new game preferably in creative.
    2. Spawn the starter black of the same type of the HV CV SV or BA you want to transfer from the corrupted save game to the new one. Exit the game.
    3. Browse the folder of the corrupted save game and locate the folder named shared and open it.
    4 You will see something similar like the photo below. Every folder with the "Player" is anything you either spawned or created yourself.

folder.png

5. Open each one file and copy all the contents to overwrite those of the spawned starter blocks inside the folder of the save game you created on step 2. When you are done for all, start the game and load your new save. Use Alt+0 to add the "restored" creations on your blueprint library. Remember that the Signal logic is broken so you have to re set up it yourself.

6....Profit...;)

MEKNET1977, Kassonnade, rucky and 4 others like this.
  7. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I don't know why, but I like it. Maybe it's the suction section at the bow. No, that's not it. I really do like it though. ;)

8. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

I'm kinda extra happy now waiting for this A.8 to drop because few days ago I was looking on Workshop for some smaller & cheaper Star Wars universe themed CV and I stumble on one almost real size Millenium Falcon! It looks great, other M.Falcons in workshop are all very-very big :)
    This one is little bigger then original, but with big CV blocks - you can't get any better than this!

Last two days I'm rebuilding it and changing a lot to fit my needs & likings... it is almost finished on outside (few more texture changes, and this is just a temp. painting, but it will be something white & orange in the end). I still have to work inside, but this is definitely going to be my starter vessel in season 8 in single play & also on MP server when I decide on one...
    It is cheap, level 10 & my tiny starter SV can get in small hangar bay :)

SW-Builds_2018-04-20_22-51-13.jpg SW-Builds_2018-04-20_23-29-52.jpg

9. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Too late for me, I already deleted the save file.

Thanks, this is what it looks like now. (I always start new builds in a separate save game).
    It's made of tissue-paper, but I envisioned it flying around shipyards and bases doing repairs.

Pity the repair block will not repair other CV's and BA's.

20180420191524_1.jpg 20180420191538_1.jpg 20180420191553_1.jpg

10. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

I still need to finish that display stand, only a week left. I did get a bit closer, but no pics. However, I did also complete two of my other racing HV. I am in no hurry to get their display stands done. I had really only did the basics on their displays to get a feel for what the color scheme for each would be. So now my Sweet Lemons collection has two racers on the workshop, a bike or a small car to choose from.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1366338954

I miss the spoiler on the back like I have with the #85 (my official entry), but I just couldn't make the spoiler work right on this tiny thing. Which is why the #85 became my official entry instead of this tiny thing.

Racers Creative_2018-04-20_19-35-05.jpg

In my trials, this small car was the first I get around a track through the hairpin turns without always hitting the walls. I really think most of that was an indication of how terrible of a racing HV driver I am, but I could be wrong.

Racers Creative_2018-04-20_19-42-56.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1366339055

This doubles the number of bikes among my blueprints. This is also why Sweet Lemons gets the bike added to the collection, so both bikes are in the one collection together. Same number as the car, mostly because whenever I get around to finishing the display I can use just the one for either of these HV.

Racers Creative_2018-04-20_18-39-10.jpg

My other racing HV might have more thrusters, but the small size and weight of the bike makes this almost a rocket on hover engines.

Racers Creative_2018-04-20_18-39-35.jpg

The bike may not turn as easily as the small car, but it still does well enough.

Racers Creative_2018-04-20_19-03-47.jpg

11. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

A good friend of mine and myself are making a collaboration CV project that could be done by the end of the month if where lucky depending on our RL activities. though its a joint project it will replaced the AEGIS strategic Cruiser as my lore flagship since that hull wasent designed by me. now this project is my second dream ship to be done in empyion and was designed to do EVERY ROLE at the same time! thats pvp,pve, home CV, everything! we are also, unlike my other ships purposely designing to defend against lag shots on all vital areas and carry a large amount of fighters, shuttles, etc in its hanger, its a damn mobile pvpve base pretty much. i havent asked my colab friend helping me on this to let me show screenshots or even our reference image so ill have to plied the 5th, tho it will be AEGIS last project till at least 8.5.

12. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

C7B_2018-04-21_04-36-38.jpg
    C7B_2018-04-21_04-37-53.jpg C7B_2018-04-21_04-14-36.jpg
    Substantial progress on the BA portion of Jenn's HV challenge. Finally completed enough of the "full" structure that I was able to move it back down from orbit to planet surface - which is nice, as I can then spawn and maneuver the Jag around, make sure everything works as it should. Only a little bit of the architecture on the back to go! Internal details are another matter, but there's not a great deal of internal space to worry about so I don't figure on that taking too long.

Most importantly though, these builds have been pushing me to move beyond my usual comfort zones, try new things. So far, I'm fairly happy with the results.

13. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

That's pretty damn slick.

Tyrax Lightning, dpburke2 and Kieve like this.
  14. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Each creation better than the last one. You never stop to impress us.

Kieve, Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  15. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Working on the Ebon Hawk and wishing I had a couple hundred more textures to choose from.

A couple teaser shots:
    Texturing is by no means anywhere near being done.
    Area 71.2_2018-04-20_02-15-31.png
    Area 71.2_2018-04-21_08-40-58.png
    A shot of the main hold. Textures haven't been finalized yet. I'm still experimenting. Some kind of serve as a stand in for the ones used on the Ebon Hawk in KoTOR but they're falling short of getting the job done to my satisfaction. Others have no Empyrion equivalent at all(like computer screens and electronics). Area 71.2_2018-04-21_08-39-50.png

16. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Oh wow. I love the texture vs color contrast. You really nailed that.

Also the interior is phenomenal.

17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

"Out of comfort zones" eh? *chuckles* :p:cool:

You make me a big ole rusty bucket for surveying or a fiendish/aberrant Alien.... something, maybe powerstation for the fringes, THEN I will believe you. :) Still I suppose, and in the utmost fairness;

henryford1-2x.jpg

So onwards and upwards in little steps.

18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Thanks! It's starting to shape up. I've been tweaking the cargo holds but they're never going to look exactly right because of all the curves. They're as good as I can make them though. Currently reworking the sleeping areas. Mostly it just involves moving things a block or two over so I'm not flush with the outer wall. That should let me add some more details.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  19. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Starting a series of small hover vessels designed as mobile turrets.
    Build them, power them up then move them into place to defend specific areas or to fire on incoming drones / transports.

20. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

After a bit of testing I found out that you almost have to ram the ship you were trying to repair with the forward-facing repair bay.
    So, off with the dish.

It's up if anyone wants to try it out: Repair Tug

[​IMG]