What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Yeah I imagine that's probably not working the way it should. Sounds like they need to tweak a few things there.

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  2. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

LOL, been there, done that many times.
    4k hours and you didn't know that?

@Kieve Thanks, didn't know about enabling the ai in creative.

Tyrax Lightning, dpburke2 and Kieve like this.
  3. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

4. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Looking great, Siege :D

5. The Tactician[ Λ ]

6. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Are those gatling guns on your defense HV? I had a design that started very much with the same idea, and when I added six gatling guns I had the big question, "What else can it do?" So far my Cassowary has done very well for itself and became my first POI assault HV. Not bad for something that was built to be parked as a bunch of defense turrets. It was after I had tested it against several POI that I made the last mods to it, such as adding the passenger seating on the back, because I realized it could do far more than I had planned initially. So I wonder how far yours can go.

As for what I did, well, I worked on my display stand. I got some inspiration from someone else's display stand and incorporated that into my own work in progress.

The original ramps up were constantly getting damaged whenever I drove the HV up. While I liked having the turns, to get the climb I needed along with having the turns created a formula where I was almost always hitting the surface with the HV, and the smooth black road surface easily showed the damaged blocks. I am hoping something with a little less angle on the climb will not get dinged up as frequently.

Racers Creative_2018-04-23_22-49-51.png

While the exterior lighting is intended to light the large signs as well as that key spot at the top of the "hill", the outside display might be a bit overpowering for the small car. However, I do like the overall size of the base and how everything has been coming together. Not only does it allow me space to land the CV on top for spotlighting and HV transport, but perhaps most of all the 25 x 25 footprint might give me the space to make an actual base within the display stand. So today when I was inspired by another player's display for their racer, I added a small showroom display inside the base. So I have the exterior that is bigger than life, and now an optional, interior, small display. Originally I was going to have the slope behind the car to be angled glass blocks to give me a window behind the HV, but I was constantly hitting the window when I parked the HV. Sure there is still the risk I hit the back wall while parking but it least it's no longer glass blocks filling up with cracks when I bump them.

Racers Creative_2018-04-23_22-26-40.png

I was always planning some sort of garage to be inside the structure. With the new secondary display taking the original parking place for the garage, I moved the garage off to the side.

Racers Creative_2018-04-23_22-27-09.png

7. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

8. The Tactician[ Λ ]

seems since 8.0 is coming out most builders have died down to waiting for the update to hit, i am working on a collaboration project but been slacking on it lately, the 2 ships i just posted where done a while ago, im even done 2 more ships but want to buff them up so will be waiting on 8.0 for another AEGIS release.

p.s. ill be taking a break form the internet for 2 days my mother is going blind do to MS and i need to go help her at her place again, i could pop on her netbook and check my mail here and discord but think ill just catch up on some extra sleep since i havent been past week been able to get to sleep more then 2 hours.

p.s.s. once 8.0 hits ill be working on one new AEGIS base build then ill be in survival for a good month before i go back to creative, if your a supporter or just a fan of my work, dont give up hope on me, im only taking a break, since ill be updating all my AEGIS builds over time.

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Question:

How many of you create the designs you post here during normal, Single or Multi-Player, Survival games? I pretty much exclusively build that way as I find it more fun where there are resource and tech challenges. It also leads to function over form type designs - well, that's my excuse for stuff that looks ugly and I'm sticking to it lol.

I did do one CV design in Creative - literally, just once, and it felt weird not having any restrictions. I then tweaked it excessively in a subsequent Survival game having spawned it in. It like when I build a protective Hangar for my first HV or SV - plus it's good to tinker in my garage :)

For me, it's a fun element when I have to defend my build-site from Drones or even a PV and establishing a secure location for my build is part of the challenge.

I think, once the Blueprint Factory is an actual factory - something we have to build in-game to allow vessel spawning - then I might be more inclined to design in creative from time to time. I must admit, while I do use it for some of my basic HV / SV designs, it feels like a bit of an exploit in a Survival environment to be able to spawn things from my pocket. That's just a personal gameplay choice on my part though :)

Oh, it's cool that 8.0 looks like it's going to be out today - at least based on Hummels status - typical it's a day where I likely won't be about until much later. Ah well lol.

Scoob.

10. Dragon

Dragon Captain

I worked on a pretty large Goa'uld mothership in SP survival some time ago but, gave up on it when resources started to dry up. This was before autominers and other means of sustainable resource income was introduced.

We had a go with multiplayer survival the other day and built a station from scratch, it still needs work though.

That being said, I rarely upload stuff anyway. Not always around to keep updating stuff or respond to requests and, I'm rarely active on Steam.

11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

12. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

I waited.

13. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Real cockpit but fake fighter is a fantastic idea... I can only imagine more than few EGS players trying to dislodge it & fly away, but instead hitting their heads on their tables cursing & reporting bugs to Eleon for glued-up ships :D

I was looking pics of 'real one' (never played KOTOR so I don't know this design), so one question for those big wing things - why didn't you make them with 2-block slope and maybe one more block high, to be less boxy at least on outside 'side' - problem with block shapes or your design decision?

14. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

15. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

A little of both. The Ebon Hawk's hull curves downward slightly towards the outside. I decided to simplify the shape instead to make my life easier. Originally I made the ship smaller so it didn't look quite so blocky but I ended up expanding the dimensions several times to make space for the interior.

16. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I did not do much on Empyrion today, just made some fuel. I had an accident though while i was on Empyriononline....

f5.jpg

due to ....
    tornado.jpg

17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I did that for my first 5 or 6 playthroughs: base, SV, HV, CV. Base had no ceiling but was large (just a overhang for the grow plot lights). That was in 5.5 before the addition of environmental hazards. Building the CV got me many broken legs and open wounds from falling down or ignoring critters because too busy placing blocks...

I remember having some fun in creative but not for very long, as I hate the way the camera moves in space and on a planet I needed a "rack" to build the ship off the ground. Now I build exclusively in space/ survival, in godmode. I don't even play survival SP unless for testing smething very precise; I have an ongoing "survival" on Akua for this, and two in space with a minimal base and food.

18. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I don't usually un-dock my HV while in space. I just happened to notice that something was out of place on the underside of this one. I hit the "up" button and then ejected. I noticed I was higher than I thought I should be, but as this was creative and I could fly up to the cockpit, I paid no mind. That's when the fun started.

I had always wondered what would happen if you went EVA in a HV. I don't anymore.:rolleyes:

19. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Almost all of my builds are in-game SP Survival. a few are heavily modified Pre-fabs still built in-game with available resources. I have used 'Creative" as a CAD platform to develop and a create a BP for later use. My current AJAX / ACHILLES CV project is a case in point.

like you, I go for function over form, but I still like to inject a little bit of personal style. ;)

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

@Dragon , @Kassonnade , @Track Driver thanks for the responses - I did wonder if it was just me making things a little harder for myself lol. To add, I also often limit myself to mostly salvaged blocks, so Hardened or Combat Steel from a POI, thrusters from a Crashed CV for example. It can make for some interesting designs.

Anyway, just got home and noticed 8.0 is here... :)

Scoob.