What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Doing.jpg
    My fleet that I upgraded for Alpha 8 readiness. Barely visible in the far back is the Hyperion Cruiser variant. Removed the plants from the hydroponics section so as to be spawnable in Survival. Don't remember off-hand what I did in the Explorer variant (middle, next to hangar), but it is 8.0 ready!

Hangar is re-titled as "Golden Fever". I've so altered the original Pitch Black Hangar (Interior is air-tight and oxygenated, 90% of it's Structural Integerity problems fixed, has T2 repair bay in the middle Hangar), but it, too, is alpha 8 ready! This thing is MASSIVE, tho. NOT really reccommeded for survival, other than EXTREME late game. It's not on the workshop (dunno if I can, even after I finish it), and not QUITE A8 ready, but it's close.

T1Recon.jpg
    A close-up of the smaller vessels in the first pic. Both Falcon variants (Warp and non-warp capable) have had thier thrusters downsized so as to be available at level 7.

HV is my "redesigned" HV Tier 1 Prefab. Anyone who watched Lift Pizza's latest (as of this post) livestream might remember me mentioning it as being a bit "fishy".

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today, I tried the copy and paste tool for the first time.

It took me a while to figure it out, but I finally used it to extend the ship I am working on by 4 blocks.

3. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Welp, it finally happened. I'd been thinking for a long while that I should try updating my old "Endurance" survival bases (Lacuna, Anacrusis, Terminus), but EXP5 has finally given me a reason to do so. Namely, the fact that "plants" on grow plots now invalidate a BP. Turns out, Anacrusis and Terminus both come pre-planted. Oops. So... starting with the smaller of the two...
    CA8_2018-05-19_04-32-56.jpg
    Loads of progress, and I was able to tweak this one to use Solar Panels as well. And for the gardeners out there, you'll be happy to know the growing plots have been increased from 18 to 25. Trying a different color scheme this time. I adjusted the pattern I used on the T1 prefab, and figured it was worth continuing, since "Basalt" was essentially a rebuild of Lacuna to start with.
    CA8_2018-05-19_04-33-10.jpg To separate it further from the existing T1, I've extended the front to make a small landing pad, replaced the wood structure with full concrete, and made some interior changes as well. Fuel tanks still have a stupidly large radiation field, but I've tucked it a little further away in the hope that careless players won't accidentally radiate themselves while still in their space-pajamas. Once you have light armor, that 0.2 of a rad is insignificant.
    CA8_2018-05-19_04-35-56.jpg Also on display, my progress with the "survival version" of the Jaguar. Paint scheme still pending, but I figured maybe it's best to reserve the more "wild" look for the racing version. Fairly low cost, lightweight, very maneuverable, and room for expansion at lvl 5 (fridge in the back, spotlights in the front). Frankly, the sooner they do away with the "Leveled" tech tree, the happier I'll be. Tired of arbitrarily restricting parts based on unlock levels - material should be the deciding factor.
    *Jaguar-S also mounts a constructor in the back, but due to power draw, it's advised to keep that shut down unless / until you actually need it. An active mobile constructor drastically reduces the operating time of small HVs, from fuel drain.

4. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Making it big….
    All of the 'empty ring' is the 'machine room'.

Thus, if this 'engine room' is too small… Then I just dont know… :p

20180519085127_1.jpg 20180519085158_1.jpg 20180519093651_1.jpg

5. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

WIP update day 2

Deviant_2018-05-19_13-08-23.png

6. deathtospam10

deathtospam10 Ensign

Got into a long distance fight with a Freighter, then a Ship Yard. Dahm, those things can hit you from over a km away. Still playing SP on 7.6.1 1466 so, things may change in 8. I also lost a couple of CV ship's windows when I tried to repair them. Now, I can't replace them from any angle, both in space (restarted) and on a pad outside base.
    It was from a canned BP of a Tier 2 CV here-
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1389549402

haha, just reloaded the save and the windows were repaired and in place. whew!

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Updated the colors of the Ant HV, my blank truck. It now matches the Ant Hauler CV a little better and that small change of colors feels so much better to me.

While I envisioned variants where I added fuel tanks and constructors or refrigerators based on extended operation, the reality is that every time I have used the Ant in my survival games it has always been with 16 large cargo boxes. I added that custom build to the workshop.

8. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

So, I noticed that Hardened Steel blocks and Armored windows Large are back in the Large constructor.
    So, Outpost Mk. 5
    [​IMG]

Hardened Steel Blocks, Armored windows, Steel grow plots still level 5. ;)

10. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

so been working more on the helicarrier now that the cutting tool is fixed THANK GOD lol but no point showing off images yet was just little smoothing

11. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Once I figured out a modest strategy for the bug onslaught, I built Hick's base on a hilltop. It is quite pretty:

20180518151534_1.jpg
    20180518151956_1.jpg

12. The Tactician[ Λ ]

in a few days ill be building AEGIS Stations 02 and 03! 02 will be a greenhouse and 03 will be a SV hanger or platform idk on 03 yet might get creative with it.

13. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

I did dis.

[​IMG]

14. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Very colorful.

Sephrajin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

It's funny you should mention Composting. Today, I discovered all the plants in my on-board greenhouse had died. Having collected the refuse, as I was about to trash them when I noticed that "dead plants" were placeable! Is there a reason that I would want to place dead plants? Can these be used for bio-fuel or compost?

On perhaps an unrelated note, we had a "medium rain" on Oscutune today. It rained everywhere, including inside my ship! I was not under any windows and I could perceive no openings to the outside. It was raining everywhere inside my ship. As this was just rain, i don't think it was the reason my crops died, but I don't know.

16. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

[​IMG]

Green and Gold

17. The Tactician[ Λ ]

18. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I need to give a big thank you to @Hicks42 for his suggestions tonight on improving Basalt.
    Managed to accomplish quite a bit this evening.
    • Completed revisions of lvl 3 starter Basalt, including rear landing pad and replacement of truss blocks with wooden floor.
    • Completed Jaguar-S, survival variant.
    • Completed revisions of lvl 10 outpost Pinnacle
    • Nearly complete overhaul of Anacrusis base, designation Andesite.
    We'll start with Basalt -
    CA8_2018-05-20_06-25-22.jpg
    CA8_2018-05-20_06-25-47.jpg CA8_2018-05-20_06-26-13.jpg CA8_2018-05-20_06-27-19.jpg
    As mentioned, while it maintains the same structure as its T1 prefab counterpart, it's composed (almost) entirely of concrete. In addition, I've removed the O2 station and ventilator, neither of which are required* for a start on Temperate planets. The ceiling is marked for a vent's location, in the event adding one proves necessary to the player (hostile, non-oxygenated worlds).
    The rear pad also solves a frustrating issue I had with the T1, namely how to visually carry over the tan stripe at the building's rear corners. Parking space is a little tight, but as it's a lvl 3 intended for equally small starter HVs, I don't see this being much of an issue. And of course, the front is still open for anyone needing to throw down some extra concrete for a front pad.
    -The other main suggestion/complaint Hicks mentioned was a lack of room for extra grow plots. For that, I'd recommend knocking out the small square window on the side, replace with door, and construct a greenhouse annex to whichever size is desired. Room for expansion exists, it's mainly up to the player how to implement that.
    *Ventilator actually complicates things, since an airtight space will moderate temperature and radiation on its own - however, the addition of a vent requires that vent be active and supplied with oxygen to achieve the same effects.

Can also see the Jaguar-S parked on the back there... I am still torn on the color scheme, debating whether to keep it the same as this trend of survival BAs or go back to the white/gray/black style I'd been using. Feel free to leave your thoughts on that one!

CA8_2018-05-20_06-27-44.jpg CA8_2018-05-20_06-28-06.jpg CA8_2018-05-20_06-28-27.jpg CA8_2018-05-20_06-28-50.jpg CA8_2018-05-20_06-29-22.jpg
    Andesite, the much-overhauled update to Anacrusis, retains lvl10 requirement, adds solar power, increases grow plots, includes a full suite of medical equipment, and actually manages to improve on its predecessor's already convenient interior - I swapped out the convoluted half-elevator/half-staircase arrangement for a straight shot up an elevator shaft. Stairs outside lead to the roof, to serve as a landing zone just as it does in the old BP.
    ...However, I'm an idiot and somehow in all the madness forgot to install the ventilator, so I'll have that on my to-do list for tomorrow.

No screens of Pinnacle at the moment - only major change was swapping out the now-obsolete "briefing room" for an actual living space. Couch, bed, bathroom, all the comforts of home. Two minor additions in the form of sensor logic were also added - a lever to control the shutter doors in the garage, so they'd stop opening at me everytime I parked there, and a motion sensor to control the hangar door so it would close properly when entering / leaving.

19. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Reconstructing the Titan...
    NewGame_2018-05-20_09-45-44.jpg

Any ideas about the cause of these?
    01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg
    Some blown up VC caps maybe?

20. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Anacrusis, has colors matching snow biomes, while Basalt color scheme is more temperate biome alike. Hard to tell. When I have similar dilemmas, I tend to make/keep both the two versions.

Now, wouldn't it be nice to be able to save various color/texture schemes in the same blueprint? The player could then choose the one before sending the building/vessel to the factory, could apply it before spawning.