What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. hound

hound Captain

Oh tac...in my lane I am good...I just have BIG problems building big. Or medium. or larger than size one.....lol
    Osiris is from a movie I just watched......the Osiris child. I think this is about as close as we can get.
    As usual I started with the concept and then the lines started flowing and poof a small little nimble minx.
    As always My builds are open source no fuss if you want to play my link is there in my sigline. And any comments or upgrade remarks are
    welcomed and helpful.

2. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

That's a fine looking ship. You should post a pic with the link. Stuff gets lost in the workshop.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Mine isn't near as pretty.
    [​IMG]

4. hound

hound Captain

Well you can have pretty, cheap, or useful. Pick two.

Tyrax Lightning and StyleBBQ like this.
  5. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

bro ur fine there awesome

6. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

A WIP. This is a CV so the odds of my finishing it are slim. Fun to play with though.
    NewGame_2018-06-12_22-37-01.png

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

We all have our "Never ending Stories", don't we?;) But I like the shape it has. Reminds of some kind of a Dragon:).

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  9. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today I created a new workshop file.

... now for the annoyance of going over every build I ever did, deciding if they need a update for 8.x, then figuring out how to do the update.

At least the HPOD HV's did not require much updating, they are mobile bases now.
    I think the Bullfrog is the only other HV that I can add a health station and clone chamber to. I will work on that one tomorrow.

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  10. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Too true! "DTS Squad reporting for orders" :)
    ---
    Good call, it would. oops! :eek: and though my intial reaction was to say, 'it'll never be set to target Predators..' well, yeah, that's the default so it would, and. Well with the mass -frickin-hordes- of Spider-Kieda I've been getting in new A8 game, holy shazam Batman, I could -really- use some heavy artillery to bring the rain! That and some close in defense munitions for any HV... sheesh!
    Thanks for the catch!

11. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

well... I once had both Pretty & Cheap. (sigh) but I was young and dumb and didn't hold on to her. Never lucked into that combo again...
    damn I miss that car! :p:D

12. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

We started our grand adventure! :cool::D I've been looking forward to it for about six months now. Playing the Experimental was fun, but when we are restarting every week, it's impossible to take things very seriously--but now it's for real so we better not *bleep* up. :p

[​IMG]

@Friendly Timo , @rainyday and I spawned inside the survival shelter Timo built for our scenario (we each built one and every planet has one), and it's an abandoned customer service center. :) I really love the feel of it. These shelters aren't ventilated but are a refuge from weather and predators--if needed--and it prevents players from crashing down all over the planet and possibly dying quick from temperature extremes or radiation exposure.

When you spawn inside a shelter, only a tiny piece of the map is revealed, so early exploration is really a mystery. :cool:

After exchanging greetings and pleasantries, we made a plan to "explore" and find the Wreckage, where our extra gear is (the contents I add to the personal container in the shelters are just nice bonus items based on the themes of the submitted shelters.) Timo and I got to play this terrain for a few hours last weekend, so we knew approximately where to look for the wreckage.

We only knew the area where it was found before, and @Friendly Timo started to doubt it was in the same place after we'd walked nearly 2 km from the shelter. Soon after he said it, I located an iron deposit and we would see the Wreckage soon.

[​IMG]

We stopped to process some ore and construct a few tools--and I was able to capture this cool candid shot. :D It was a very mild night, and although we built portable air conditioners, I didn't need to stand near mine to remain comfortable. We didn't need to return to the shelter, so we continued to gather resources and use our constructors.

@rainyday set out to mine silicon and Timo went for iron. I wanted to mine copper, but instead of going to the deposit by the wreckage, I wanted to check one to the south. I knew the spot we selected for a base wasn't too far from there. I went mining, and then made a second portable constructor to place on the beach where we'll settle in.

We began relocating our inventories from the Wreckage to our beach. While I waited for the blueprint of our little Finnish cottage to be ready to spawn, Timo scouted around in his starter HV. He found a couple of Villages and some other POIs. Rainy had to call it a night a few minutes before the base was ready, so I hope he'll enjoy it as well.

[​IMG]

Here's our lakeside cottage! I cleared some of the trees behind the cottage, because that's where our hangar shaft will be, and the trees blocked some of the morning sun our solar panels need. I think it's cool that we have this tiny, cute base on the beach, but it'll have a massive underground bunker. :cool: I got started on the elevator, but still have a few more levels to go! Then we'll be able to really get to work on our base.

While I drilled below, Timo called me to come see the Triceratops who came to visit!

[​IMG]

It seemed as though he was very thirsty and walked into the lake to get a drink! He took many sips before calmly walking back on the beach, and went along his merry way. We didn't harm him because why would you? He was a gentle giant who just tries to survive too. He's a good omen, I think. I doubt any spiders or alien bugs spawn nearby, because this is his territory.

After enjoying our wildlife encounter, @Friendly Timo took me over to the nearest Village to pay the locals a visit. :) We had a truly fabulous time killing Talons for bad karma, and slaughtered their creepy pets. Their loot had enough silicon for us to use until we play with @rainyday again. (The supply is in his PC but he had to sign out just after getting to the beach, so he might've been in a hurry and forgot to set the faction access on it.) We found some decent items, but the T2 Assault Rifle was a really great find. :cool: Timo said I should have it--which is only fair because I'm not as good shooter as my factionmates. lol

[​IMG]

The final scene of the night was when we returned home from the Village. A drone had come and shot out a roof block before the cannon killed it. Our core is in the attic at the moment, so I need to get the elevator shaft done and relocate the core this afternoon. ;)

It was a short but amazing game session. We had a great time and it's only going to get better from here! We'll be able to truly adventure and enjoy expeditions, mining operations, and photo tours to other planets.

13. eLLe

eLLe Captain

Finally, let me introduce you ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

... one of the most beautiful CVs in the game, PSI Ilmarinen by rainyday.

The two most important things in this tuning is the removal of the mining section which was replaced by a large squadron hangar that protects the ship from attack. All eight large warehouse hangars are handled and adapted to the new version of the game. Textures are changed, and every hangar and space is overwhelmed.
    All weapons have been removed but all platforms are still present for weapon placement.
    Removed everything that can be set later to reduce it class level
    to acceptable 30 so that as many servers can build this CV.
    Lights I adapted to the combination of red and blue which is least tiring for the eyes (at least mine).

I've spent over 100 hours on this job and I hope you like it.

Once again, I thank the rainyday for the support that is more important than anything else.
    After Maurader, who has experienced the new two small changes, this is my second tuning of yours creations.
    You are my favorite creator, you won me with just two of your work that I always do when I play this game.
    It always makes me happy, thank you for that.

Attached Files:

14. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Ah, I did not know that. This is my first effort at a poll. I simply feel that rather than winge about it on every single thread, threaten and cajole, that we need to get it out there where we can talk about it.

Kassonnade and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

One thread to take the actual temperature of the community is a good idea. Some folks have strong feelings about it, one way or the other.
    I'd remind everyone on either side of the issue that this is a first pass at game wide camera shake. It will be tuned and likely toggled in days to come.

16. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Perhaps... but recoil (of a hand-held weapon :)) doesn't generate a shake. Recoil can be implemented more properly with animation, and probably without affecting those with motion sickness

17. AlbaN

AlbaN Commander

Today I played in creative mode, spawned few blueprints etc.
    Created:
    Military convoy on Akua.
    20180613164342_1.jpg

Maybe one day the Zirax Empire will drive HV;)

dpburke2, ion_storm, Dead8Eye and 8 others like this.
  18. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Decided I wanted to see what one of the wreckage bases looked like as a functional ship. Had to make some changes, like widening the midsection, but I like how it's coming along

20180613122436_1.jpg
    20180613122452_1.jpg 20180613122506_1.jpg 20180613122530_1.jpg 20180613122539_1.jpg

19. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  20. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Really intended more as cargo bay doors- but a small HV or SV will fit- I tested with these

HV Salvage Vessel v2BSC.jpg Pallet - Blocks.jpg

The doors/ramps are tied to internal & external switches on each side, as well as a master CP switch that will open both sides simultaneously