What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

We will... quite closely....bordering on creepy-close. ;)

Kieve, Tyrax Lightning and StyleBBQ like this.
  2. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Good way to draw back a nub. :p:D

All in good humor. ;)

3. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

You would be amazed at how often pilots still manage to land wheels up just because they forget to drop the gear. The Navy actually had a Wheel Watch. You sat in a shack on the downwind end of the duty runway and fired a flare gun straight up if you saw an aircraft coming in wheels up. I thought it was a joke at first. Uh-uh. It has to do with target fixation.

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I totally believe it. This is the first i've ever heard of it, but I can totally believe in such being existent & plausible... especially considering how Bloodthirsty I can get while playing HotS. :p

binhthuy71 likes this.
  5. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

It's true enough. I heard a lot of stories about it happening in WWII while growing up.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I got round to making a container ship and also made a dry dock at the back of the marina.

2.png

1.png

3.png

7. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

8. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Title screen looks great, but for some reason the Video seems empty/dark/black (also no Audio) to me - is it just me?

9. The Tactician[ Λ ]

dafuq? here

10. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

The first one was black until about half way through. I'll check this one in a sec.

ETA: Sorry. it's still black until the 0:22/0:23 mark. Looks good otherwise though.

ETA: Oh and I should tell you it is the same whether you watch it here or on youtube.

11. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Well, I did it.. Built my first SV and took it for a cruise. Found some Promethium, and some Zirax. They're not particularly neighborly, opting to shoot at me with rockets and lasers. I give thanks to whomever stashed a T2 sniper rifle in that locker in the Titan wreckage. Seems Zirax don't take high caliber rifle rounds to the head very well.

Not getting any closer to that radar station I'm supposed to get closer to, so I'm thinking I'm probably going to have to try my hand at designing my own vehicle. I'm thinking something in the realm of 60 tons with at least 2 cannons, 2 miniguns, and a half-dozen sentry and rocket turrets.

Ok, probably don't need quite that much firepower, but I don't believe there is any such thing as "overkill". :)

Found a crashed satellite (useless?) and a Vehicle Port (Zirax), but no real luck getting close to it either. Tomorrow I'm likely to just put in time gathering more resources.

So what did I do today? I had fun.

12. The Tactician[ Λ ]

ya your only post to hear the first half

13. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Nice :)
    ---
    Just so you know, most of the folks here won't volunteer too much advise, just so they don't unintentionally spoil anything for you.

But if you do find yourself really stuck, don't hesitate to ask for pointers.

14. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Oh. Sorry. I have hearing loss so I can't always distinguish one word from the next so I don't listen unless it's CCed.

15. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Nice voice effects :) but any more than maybe 5 seconds of black screen and peeps will start to think the video is bugged, so maybe add some visual effects?

16. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Well, I have an idea to change my Steamer Duck.

A8 FTB Creative_2018-06-19_22-44-02.png

Far left: The original on the workshop. Open cockpit. I have used it in my games as is, but now that radiation is far more common on the starting world as I have learned first hand, I am thinking a closed cockpit.

Middle: The quick revision done for testing in my first run through of Alpha 8. Like someone else here, I have not yet hit the radar station. But it has been serving me well. Gains 0.4 tonnes over the original.

Far right: What I am proposing for it to become. Of course, texture and paint work is still pending. The detector is underneath plus I added an armor station. I ended up adding one to the Steamer Duck am using in my current survival game just so I could actually put on my first suit of armor. Figured I ought to make it an official feature. Using the truss blocks doesn't reduce weight, but it does help keep the cost down. So despite the additions to the HV, it currently costs less than the original despite weighing just over one tonne more. I also incorporated some of my current building style with access to some of the internal devices.

17. The Tactician[ Λ ]

oh, ok ya i can edit it

18. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Cool Vid. :D

Audio & Video worked correctly for me. My Browser is Firefox 64-bit... I wonder what Browser @Sephrajin & @WolfEyes are using? Sometimes stuff plays wonky in one Browser & just fine in another. Even Firefox is not immune to this, which is why I have Google Chrome Installed as well as my Backup Browser.

Welcome to the addiction... :D

Free piece of advice: Don't play Survival like it's TF2. :p ;)

Interesting... to me the start of the Vid's Screen was largely black, but i'd swear there was a faint Silhouette of something... if i'm right on that, maybe the Silhouette needs sharpened a bit to make it more visible?

For the Topic: SV's done! May be my 'Wildest' work yet! :p

Front View:
    [​IMG]
    If Vanilla let me have more then 4 Homers Max, i'd trade some of the front Medium Thrusters for more Homers *Snaps Fingers, which I ironically can't manage IRL* like that! :D

Also, this go, I used one of the low profile Cockpits. :D

Right View:
    [​IMG]
    Farther out view, to give ya'all some Impression of the total Mad House Shapedness. :p

Sometimes I wonder if sometimes part of my problem with SVs is trying too hard to keep its Shape semi-normal... I need to Embrace the 24th Centuryness more & leave the 21st Century thinking in the past.

Rear View:
    [​IMG]
    Dammit... missed a spot with the Texturing... stay tuned for a fix... >_<

Also, this dude's Butt Parking only. Sometimes it's more work then it's worth trying to stay '2D Compatible' with the Ground Parking stuffs, sometimes one needs a break from it. I envision this dude typically living in a Space Base using the largest Hangar Double Door type Hangar anyway.

Left View:
    [​IMG]
    Closer up View. This combo of particular Wing & the Jet Thrusters... ever since the new Jet Thruster Model, feels like how 'Connected' they look feels friendlier & much more OCD Appeasing then before. :)

Top View:
    [​IMG]
    Better view of some of my new Mad Theatrics Science experimenting here... tryin out some new ideas. :D

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]
    ... *Facepalms at self* Stay tuned for Paint Job miss fixes as well... -_- (DAMMIT LARGE SPRAY, DO YOUR DAMN JOB!!! :mad:)

Stats Screen:
    [​IMG]
    No Speedster, but who needs Speed when ya got Brawn, Style, & sheer raw madness? :p

Factory Spawn Resource Cost:
    [​IMG]
    Believe it or not, this isn't 'Mega Pricey' by my Standards. Your mileage may vary. :p

Also i'm glad I threw this dude onto the Workshop set to 'Private'... i'll be able to clean up the Errors then send a Revision 2 to the Workshop before I begin workin on its Workshop Page. (Comin soon!)

Edit: Workshop Page now Live: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1416896267

Also, go to hell Steam Workshop Screenie Management Program Thingamajig... :mad:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  19. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

I didn't see anything until 20+ secs in. Audio was fine so I knew it was playing. Running a decent IPS LCD screen that I've tuned to be as neutral & natural as possible. Though due to LCDs having an inherently hard time with deep dark colors it may be failing to show the outline you saw. It really bugs me when brighter colors are oversaturated, so I've learned to accept that even the best LCDs are going to sacrifice deep dark colors when tuned to 'neutral'. And why I'm still running a Panasonic Plasma monitor for Movies/tv :)
    That's a really cool looking ship! And your integration of the new thrusters, wow! very nice!

20. Mulac

Mulac Commander

Bad deck landings are cause by a condition known as a helmet fire. This when things happen too fast to be processed by the brain. The pilot gets behind on course corrections due to having to deal with other problems. Fuel, cross winds, mechanical failures, lighting conditions, prior hook skips, cross talk on the net, etc.

For those that don't fly a good way of thinking about this measurement of how long it takes for a car to driver to apply braking. Thinking distance is the time it takes for the driver to react to a situation. During this reaction time the car carries on moving. The thinking distance is the distance travelled in between the driver realising he needs to brake and actually braking. Add in distractions like mobile phone use, kids in the back or other traffic. The distance gets longer the harder it becomes to process information.

With a plane landing on a carrier. A one second delay in flight control can be sometimes be measuresed as missing the whole length of the deck. Wheels up mistakes are very rare but possible. Normally the approach just looks bad enough that the deck crew will wave off ther landing and send the pilot around again.