What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Been working on a prototype for an everyday - goto - vessel, the ERA-S Cout:
    It has warp and 2 passenger seats!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basicly it is a redesign of my Speedo for ERA.
    It is more 'secure' than the Speedo, thanks to internal chambers to keep projectiles away from the warp core, fuel or generators.
    Even the 2 (closed) passenger seats have a cool journy - at 22°.

Recent tests had showed that one of the fuel chambers need an increase in stability, as it exploded while trying to nuke some Alien turrets with 2 Plasma guns, despite the 4 H-MSL that would have been available - but hey, that is what Tests are for :p

Also, eventhough it only has like 2° yaw, it handles like a charm :)
    But hey, at least it is fully hardened hull!

2. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I'm so glad to see picture posts are back again! That's what this thread is for, and I'm glad I wont need to hide all my shots anymore--I take them to share them, after all! :D

[​IMG]

This is, by far, the best wildlife scene I have ever captured in the game! :cool::D Everything fell in place for this shot.

So anyways... we gathered enough resources for two warp capable SVs and went for a day trip to Seyado to get some Neodymium, Sathium and scout around for a location to set up an Expedition Base with lots of room for landing CVs around it. We got a good supply of ore but didn't get a lot of scouting done before we had to RTB and get some rest.

While we were scouting, we located a crashed ship, and that's where the Lizard Mules were.

[​IMG]

We were plagued by the bug that makes your ammo disappear :mad: but thankfully our Security Officer, @rucky took care of scorpions and drones for us!

[​IMG]

There was a golem nearby as well, but I was busy snapping pictures of the Lizard Mules, so I didn't see it until it was dead.

[​IMG]

We located a Farm and stopped to hang out with the locals. :) @rucky was contemplating tearing down the farm to take its resources, but @Friendly Timo explained how nice these guys are to us. I also advised to not upset that red suited guy because he's already on edge and always arguing with his companion. :p

[​IMG]

When we moved along, we found a Wreckage that Timo and I really liked a lot. Whoever built this one sure did a good job! I never have good ideas for wreckage style builds, but I learned a lot from this one. :)

[​IMG]

Timo played doing some motorbike stunts to entertain me. :cool:

[​IMG]

It's such a great place and I can't wait to have our expedition here! :D What we do is go and set up the base and base camp area, and then we settle in and stay at that planet at least a week--probably longer. It's a working vacation, and we usually build defense towers around ore deposits, and also recreational bases such as Timo's sauna and a large race track for our HV races. This time we plan to have unique tracks on each planet and then do a circuit for fun. (Everyone races the same model of HV during the races to make sure pilot skill is the only variable.)

[​IMG]

We made it back to our HQ on planet Rotindus before it got too late. We had enough time to unload all our loot, construct a furnace to process our thousands of sathium ore, and made 6 AMDs. All the while, we enjoyed a lovely chat that kept us playing a bit longer than planned. :) It was an awesome game session indeed!

Today I'll work on a special Expedition Base built specifically for the snow planet. I want to make it like a private ski lodge to remind me of the place I grew up.

3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Thanks! No danger of that - never played TF or TF2. Always been pretty decent at survival type games. Maybe slower than others, but generally outlive them :)

Tyrax Lightning and StyleBBQ like this.
  4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Wheel watches were ashore only. The LSO (Landing Signal Officer) would wave off any aircraft that was wheels up.

5. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Survival_2018-06-19_17-23-17.png
    Survival_2018-06-19_17-23-49.png Survival_2018-06-19_17-24-05.png Survival_2018-06-19_17-26-18.png Survival_2018-06-19_17-24-44.png Survival_2018-06-19_17-25-17.png Survival_2018-06-19_17-25-38.png Survival_2018-06-19_17-26-41.png

Attached Files:

6. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

IE mostly (yes I know but I hate Edge) and when IE starts being an ass I copypaste link to Google. Not that it makes any difference because there isn't any issues with Tac's video. Some of us just weren't expecting the first 23 seconds (halfway mark) to be a blank screen so we thought something was wrong. That's all. :)

Tyrax Lightning and StyleBBQ like this.
  7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Hell...it's about time.

Hackon New_2018-06-20_18-42-33.png

...to hack Hakon Z, once more! ;)

8. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Hi guys this is my first empyrion video so be nice, it is just a quick demonstration of the 2HV5 method for safely using a boat HV on water with no sinking,

You will see me raise the hover to max then turn off switch a and activate switch b which glues me to the surface of the water, switch b controls a set of hover thrusters 6 blocks above the main set hidden in the ceiling.

I approach land and activate normal hover switch A then pull back a little if she dont jump into the air by herself.

2 fails in the video when i release the a switch at the start she drops on the edge of the dock XD
    when riding with cam sideways i am trying to dip the nose of the boat to show it wont dip under but then i run into shallows and a rock haha

9. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Take this opportunity to show a short video of my old cv elevator attached to a base by vertical rail, base is high up ^-^

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Your words honor me, thank you so much! ^_^

Eww... IE & Edge are both Bullshit... I recommend switching Primary Browser to Google.

IE especially in particular sucks buggers at Browser Security... between that & Windows Defender being an Asshat & defaulting only to CrapQuick Scans, it can make one wonder if Microsoft is trying to get People Virused on purpose...

StyleBBQ, binhthuy71 and WolfEyes like this.
  11. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

I like this guy. Can we keep him?

I promise I will always hug him and squeeze him and feed him but I will not take him home or name him George. :D

12. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

I would but Google doesn't provide me with any news much less non fake news. ;)

Never had a problem with security on IE and I don't depend on Defender. I have Malwarebytes (pay version) and I use System Suite, at least until my sub runs out. There's been an ongoing issue with SS that Avanquest doesn't seem interested in fixing so I'll be looking for something comparable. I'll probably still use FixIt as it is the best utility for me. It's included in SS but with the quality taking a nosedive and issues not being fixed for years... nah, not worth the hassle.

That's odd though. Defender doesn't do that to me. Never has. Most of the time it does 3 or 4 in-depth scans with single scans the rare exception.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  13. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Flying the friendly skies...

Attached Files:

14. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

15. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Captain

A few shots of a WIP pilot chamber and combat information bridge on one of my CVs.

Still haven't quite decided on the lighting. With the current Unity lighting system colors and lighting sources tend to flood through solid walls which can create some problematic issues. Sometimes a white / offwhite flood can fix it with some tweaking...but man, I do love the jazzier / retro type color schemes.

Explorer_2018-06-20_15-25-20.png
    Explorer_2018-06-20_15-27-28.png
    Explorer_2018-06-20_15-36-39.png
    Explorer_2018-06-20_15-04-00.png
    Explorer_2018-06-20_15-14-58.png

16. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

After a hiatus brought on by a 104F fever, I'm back in and testing the new ship. Am I the only one seeing drill turrets showing one angle in first person, and another in third? The asteroid is actually being drilled in this shot

20180618183936_1.jpg

Anyway, didn't like carting the shuttle about on top, so I extended the sides another couple blocks and made a ventral-access hangar

20180621001418_1.jpg
    20180621001349_1.jpg

17. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Accomplished a few things last night - left the atmosphere, landed on a couple asteroids, mined some promethium from one of them, visited a nearby moon, got shot at by aliens there, and figured out a way to deal with the “unusable” side of thin walls by placing one additional set of foundation I can place these with the unusable area facing outwards. Costs a bit more in terms of materials but looks so much better.

Also found some night vision goggles which I find extremely useful. Tonight I’ll be working on a construct while figuring a way to infiltrate a radar station. It’s proving tough to approach but I’ll figure something out.

18. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Yep, it works just fine. Until you need to place something against that wall on the other side! Which is why some of my homes have "blank" walls where nothing is and frankly, it looks like crap. To me. Might not bother others but it sure bothers me. Being meticulous is one of my greatest assets and also one of my worst faults.

19. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Once I finish I’ll have to post some screen shots. I rather like neat and orderly bases myself, and don’t usually have cause to festoon the outer walls with things. Finishing this construct is on tonight’s agenda.

20. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Well I wouldn't call having a bench or two and maybe a potted plant or three on the front porch festooning. lol ;)

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.