What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Darryl smith

Darryl smith Commander

Started a new SP game two days ago and am very happy with the seed. Found the MK1 space port and as luck would have it the mountains were just the right distance from it to give me cover to snipe the only turret facing my way. Used explosives for the first time and discovered the bug where they seem to be unlimited.

Blew my way into the core and took it out then had to deal with two troop drops nearby while I was looting it. All In all a profitable trip.

After returning to my base I realized I had located every ore except cobalt and without it (silly me I used all of my supply already) I could not make much. In order to find a deposit I traveled half way around the planet and only managed to come up with one for 500 units of ore. But it's enough to get me going on a basic SV to scout the surface and move forward.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. futontorpedo

futontorpedo Commander

Ya both of those are great ships. :) Unfortunately Amarr ships are effectively off limits in EGS, they're just too curvy to make a good replica. Still trying to figure out my next big project though... was going to do a Naga but someone just finished one (and did a fantastic job of it!). The scorpion's model might be possible in EGS... I'll have to load up the 3d files and see how it looks in detail.

3. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

The one thing I can say about EVE is they do have some beautiful ships. Amazing designs.

futontorpedo likes this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Yes . I love the push the limits of a game if I can . lol Hopefully after I'm finished, it will be huge and awesome at the sametime. lol

5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

We got our asses handed to us by unexpected giant laser turrets built underground in a POI we came across.

Gee, who puts things like that down in a room with no easy escape!!! *shakes fist*

6. Gherid_lacksGPS

Gherid_lacksGPS Lieutenant

Only recently been playimg mp co-op with a crew of buddies. Logged off mid flight last session, keep forgetting fuel is a thing when logged off in mp. When I logged back in I foumd myself falling from the sky at night. Switch to jets and kept myself from cratering. Immedietly attacked by a spider, plant and raptor. Tried to fight em off with assualt riffle but low ammo. Ran to my ship, capsized, and hid inside. No fuel. Texted a buddy and he logged on comming to my rescue. Played the airwolf theme in the backgroumd as he took care of business.

It was rad.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  7. Blimy

Blimy Commander

I see you have been invading the Abandoned Factory. :D That caught me out also big time when I dropped through the hole only to be blasted to bits.

Frigidman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Iskar

Iskar Commander

When I first saw that hole in the ground my impulse was "No way" plus "It's a trap!". A quick look with the drone revealed that it was indeed. I proceeded to blow away the floor above the turrets (after one futile try at just jumping down and dodging their fire) with my plasma cannon and took them out from above.

Frigidman, Tyrax Lightning and Blimy like this.
  9. Blimy

Blimy Commander

You can actually run through them if you are really quick. I did that last week when, for a change, I didn't attack the base from below but from the front door. Drop in and sprint right between them and very quick around the next corner. You'll have to take out one or two aliens right after it but that is easier than the turrets unless, of course, you have the necessary hardware in your luggage. :)

Tyrax Lightning and Iskar like this.
  10. Iskar

Iskar Commander

I'm not such a good shot when it comes to messy close quarters, so I prefer to keep my distance and dislodge the aliens from afar. Also, I always have the necessary hardware (i.e. my epic plasma cannon) with me because blowing things up is ever so much fun. ;)

Tyrax Lightning and Blimy like this.
  11. Neonin

Neonin Captain

I'm not dead! Just been busy.

A few designs I'm working on all in one go, the latest of which (far right) I dragged myself out of bed at 5am this morning to do because the idea came to me in my sleep and I didn't want to forget it :p

383120_20160718054124_1.png

12. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

I think i would have rolled over.

13. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You know, my bro n I KEEP FORGETTING about the darn Personal Drone and how useful they can be at times! LOL!

14. =TCR= Big_Red

I was playing MP on the RedvsBlue server and this drone came at me so right away i shot it down. An other player gave out a yell. WTH.. he said. I said what. He said why did you shoot my drone down. Lol that was so funny. Interesting it was on a PVE planet.

15. =TCR= Big_Red

BTW the guy was a hacker. He had gliched a 100 meter square in the terain and asked me to fly down to help him get out. What a asshole.

16. Mysh

Mysh Captain

View attachment 11716 Building the new bigger, combat-oriented high-tech brother of the DZ exploration vessel

17. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

New orbital station - building in progress:
    SpaceStation2_2016-07-18_19-26-08.png SpaceStation2_2016-07-18_19-26-48.png

18. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I woulda told that other peep that they should remember that the Player Drone & Hostile Drones look awful alike so they oughta be more careful with their toys... plus Initiating Contact with one's Drone isn't exactly a neighborly way to go about it. :p

19. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Made a little family picture in the noone of the 2.3 sun.
    Mommah didn't want to be in it, she's bit to fat anyway :D

alpha_2.3_2016-07-19_13-51-22.png

20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning and NafreiuX like this.