What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

2. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Yup, we're stuck with the old "double the hover engines" way for now...:(

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

I like this idea of a yacht on water .. Someone finally got involved :)
    I'm trying to ride the water with HV, especially if I do not have a plane
    Sometimes I sink but below the water but I do not know why :D
    And I would love to have HV have the possibility of even with a low water level, like a hovercraft ..

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Last nights project, updating the V1 & V2 Arrowheads to game version 8.x.
    With their small size it was like playing wack-a-mole when I was running down the new hot spots created by the thrusters and I changed their configuration frequently.

The Arrowheads were the first CV's I ever published, and I have made sure they get updated every time we get a new game version.
    I originally made them by taking apart G1tsum's remake of Grimmerns Arrowhead (which was uploaded on 2/02/16 and never updated).

Originally I had manually removed all the pre-alpha blocks and replaced them with modern ones, it taught me a lot about the blocks shapes and placement. Taking apart the ship, relocating devices, seeing what the original author did and figuring out why.
    I learned a lot when I upgraded it from pre-alpha.

Yes, I obtained permission from G1tsum (who later deleted his builds) and contacted Grimmern, but he never responded about the remake.

Needles to say, the ships hold a special place in my workshop.

20180626094754_1.jpg

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well they look pretty! Well done:)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

So last night took a turn for the interesting. There was a Weapon Depot not so far from Deep Thought, so I set about neutralizing it, as I’d gotten tired of it shooting at me every time I’d fly past.

Wasn’t too bad to take down, and I turned a nice profit from surplus recovered goods. Now with clear space between Deep Thought and the trading post I figured I could finally start some good trading with the locals, but...

While producing some goods I knew were in demand I heard the tell tale claxons signalinf another drone raid, followed by the thunder of flak cannons. It seems to go on much longer than usual so I headed topside to see what was going on. There were half a dozen downed drones, and that’s when I realized they’d breeched the door! I ran for my light fighter and took to the skies. There were at least a dozen bombers raining trios of explosives everywhere, and a lucky shot knocked out the ammo box for my cannons. It was a furious fight to put the drones all down, and the cleanup and salvage was extensive. Repairs took hours, and my warp ship had suffered the loss of a wing, thruster and one landing gear as well.

Also lost was a decorative security guard. He will be missed. Repairs were completed, munitions restocked and even the pock marked ground restored.

Tonight I’m planning a trip to another nearby planet to restock greenium and rediun as my supplies were drained pretty well. Then it will be rime to start constructing a SHIP.

It will be an epic undertaking, and my first SHIP. Though once complete it should be able to serve as a mobile base as well as a SHIP.

7. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

That is a great story.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

*Gawks in awe at your Texture use on the Upper Right & Left Cornering of the Craft to trick the Emissive right into the Corner & make it a Glowy Corner...* That... is... inspiring... :O

IMHO they want BA Spotlights? They need to prove they can shoot at threats, & I don't mean with just Stormtrooper Accuracy. :p

Fixed. ;)

To see how I did this, Reply to this Post, then click the 'Wrench Icon Button' in the Upper Right, then study the part of the Reply containing this Response to you. ;)

Among Empyrion's "Top 10 Bug Fugitives from Justice".

Plausible... but also there's a long existing Bug where this Limit moves inward & blocks off legit building in legit limits of the edge of a Build that was formerly acting correctly & legitly within the Block Space Bounds. All efforts to find the cause of the bugage & squash it have thus far eluded the Devs.

I have a suspicion on this i'd love others to help test.

I hypothesize that when ya drive in 1st Person like I like to do most, your Character Camera serves as the Basis of the Driving Direction, & since in the Cockpit Seat you are always looking straight forward, your W Movement stays perfectly forward... but I think many like driving in 3rd Person more & the 3rd Person Cam is most commonly placed 'over the shoulder' of the HV & thus is looking forward-down a bit & the 3rd Person Cam in this Mode serves as the Basis of the Driving Direction, & in the 3rd Person Cam looking a bit forward-down, the W Movement pushes the HV forward-down as well. On Land, the Ground counterforces against the front Hover Engines's forward-down movement & compensates for it thus causing it to go unnoticed... but Water cannot do the same, so i'm suspicious that in this circumstance the forward-down movement slowly pushes the HV into the water more & more until it accidentally gets itself swamped. If the 3rd Person Cam is up high I think this could exacerbate the issue further & swamp a HV in water real fast cause the HV is then getting pushed down into the water much harder.

I tested this with my Tyrax Dwarf Mole & in 1st person I always prefer driving in, I could drive over a large lake all I wanted & never had problems... but in 3rd Person I drove for a while then my Nose eventually plowed into the water & stuck my HV butt up into the air & made my HV look like a Duck trying to eat delectables off the Lake Bottom.

I wouldn't say no to others performing tests like this to see if my Hypothesis seems to have merit or if my Hypothesis may turn out to be totally full of it.

Edit: Dunno what the hell the Forum was doing, but it kept breaking the Spoiler Tags I was adding to falken's stuff by adding erroneous additional Spoiler Tagging I never authorized... finally found a way to get it to KNOCK IT OFF with that... :mad:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  9. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Thanks! Just wait until I’ve built my capital ship (SHIP for short). Then I’ll really have some tales to tell!

Tyrax Lightning and Ballard like this.
  10. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

THEEENKS YES YESS YES YES That's exactly what's happening to me ... I'm going on these :) And almost stale with a look of 3 people ..:rolleyes::D

Attached Files:

11. falkenkopf

falkenkopf Lieutenant

Spoiler!

Don't read this post, if you have not dicovered that specific building during the robinson protocol mission and want to find things out by yourself.

Part 3

I can happily say, that i was able to construct a HV which fittet all my needs. It's small, properly armed, but unproperly armored. Unfortunately i ran out of hardened steel plates. I did't know, that i was missing a resource to build them on my own. I salvaged them before but used all the plates for the armor of my Shuttle (SV). So i made a layer of at least some blocks as kind of protection in case of turret fire, or alien bug shots. (They are rare but out of unknown reason, they seem to prefer the proximity of power sources. But i might be wrong with this. More scientific data has to be collected about them.)
    So that's the Intruder - ugly but effective (hopefully).

Yaku_2018-06-26_13-00-48.png Yaku_2018-06-26_13-03-50.png
    Yaku_2018-06-26_13-02-03.png (Notice: in the background you can see the base in it's actual size and the Shuttle - SV).

It's very minimalistic but also has some luxury, like a medical module and a fridge. One mounted gun and one turret (these ones, that both uses rifle ammunition). And of course plenty of storage. I used a color sheme on the different components to be able to tell, which would be destroyed and are to replace during some ceasefire. Of course i took all sort of medical equipment (at least one of everything, that i was able to produce), enough spare parts and spare weapons.
    When i used the "Intruder" the first time, i learned, that the entrance wasnt designed very safe. I would sink into the ground and then glitch into the air and falling down from very high. But i had no idea how to chance this, without redesign the vessel completely. So i was about to deal with it and only to leave the HV, when on safe terrain (and hovering high enough about the ground). I knew, this could get me in serious trouble, if i exited the vessel in any other way.Another problem was, that it would tip over and fall on it's side easily. That is because, it's so narrow but a little bit to tall at the same time. If i ever construct such kind ov vehicle again, i will consider this.

So i ate a last meal and headed to the building.
    First Challange was to destroy enough blocks to get through the floor of the hangar and enter the basement level.

And here i realised, that this mission is about to fail. I underestimated the durability of the building material of this base. I emptied one whole magazine for one single Block to destroy. I had't brought enough ammunition alone for this task. And i realized, that my HV would never be able to get out of the basement again, if there wasn't any sort of ramp for it to hover up again. So i was thinking about to try it by foot. But as i said, that was no real option for me. These creatures would have killed me within seconds.
    So i was about to give up and try to make my way without the help of the advanced technology inside the cargo containers down there. Should it be the end? Mission failed?

I tried to drill my way down on one of the outer walls and reach the basement from there. But double wall strength was making the mission to expensive to continue.

But wait! I remembered of my drone. (As i said, i wanted to make more use of it.) If the mathematical rules of computercore physics would apply to this structure, even if it was build by an alien civilization, there must be one central computer core - and only one. If i was able to find it, i could take over this whole structure and maybe find a way to build a ramp.
    So i went back to the yard and started to explore the underground structure of the building with my drone. I found some secret corridor and an elevator leading down in the deepest and most scary chambers of what these insects made out of the building. But because of one advantage, that a drone has over a walking human beeing, i really discoverd the core. And surprinsingly it was not guarded very heavy. (OK, i have to admit, that i was lucky, because these creatures were not able to utilize the gravitaion elevators.) There is one very mean thing, that has to do with the insects down there. I discovered it at one of the former visits and was lucky to be able to run fast enough, not to be killed. But i won't tell you everything. So i managed to reach the core, defend me against the said special thingy and had all the time, i needed, to care about the core block. (I knew, that it was a good idea to take some C4 with me *muhaha*)
    After the job was done, the rest of the story is not that adrenaline increasing, as it was for me until this point.
    I placed the spare core, i brought with me for the HV and was the new owner of an alien, insect infested reactor building.

I learned, that the drone is able to do more, than just exploring. With the multitool you can salvage blocks and place new ones. So i made a ramp for my HV to bring it down there, defeat the creatures and take all the good stuff. I managed to bring it half the way down, until it got stuck. I exited the vessel and (ok, one more adrenaline shock) of course glitched, fell down into another corridor and got eaten by the insects. (*hahaha* This must have been happend in any way.)

After this i went back on safe paths to the "Intruder" and used my drone in any manner, i was able to. Additionally, i got the clue, that i hadn't to search for the cargo containers manually, but use the base controls to transfere all the loot into my inventory. What i learned by this, was the fact, that only the standard cargo was listed in the menu. All the special ones, where not ther. So i would have to search it manually. But the drone isn't able to open them. So i salvaged them and out of them there came drop containers. And voila: The drone is a cargo carrier, too. At least it can transfere items into your inventory.
    The other thing i noticed, is that i was able to deactivate alle the spawners of these insect creatures. Another advantage was, that the turrets now weren't shooting on my drone anymore. So why not to disassable them and use them against the insects? So i did. It worked perfect. With some thinking and learning about recharging procedures of these weapons.

That was the way, i took out the whole complex without any further peronal foe contact and only with an unarmed drone.

Why i did construct a special HV for this mission and in the end didn't use it? There was a very unexpected third way to do it. Great, isn't it.

As a result of it's limited benefit for this kind of mission, the "Intrudor" will be decommissioned right after it's baptism by fire.

THE END
    That was the final part of this mission. Thanks for reading. Hopefully you got some new sight on how things can be done in many ways.

{I absolutely love this game and how the inventors and developers give us the freedom to have real choices. I never played a game that is so much a real sandbox game like this one. You really can do nearly everything. Some things are prohibited by the creators. But these things make you have to think about different possibilities to reach your goals. And there are many of them. A big thank you to all the people, who made this game possible and led to such unique gaming experience! Go on that way.}

Thanks to Tyrax Lightning for the technical hint to use the spoiler button in the right way.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  12. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Today I finished up my new base: Deep Cold Expedition Base

[​IMG]

Just as I finished up, the weather turned cloudy--hopefully it looks even more cold. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I built this for our upcoming expedition, and already put the project to production in my factory. I hope it'll be as much fun to play in as it was to build. :)

13. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Working on Nexus Station a bit more today. So far I've redone the big storage tanks on the underside(thank you copy/paste for making that so much easier!) and I've added a bit of detailing here and there to the outside. I don't want to overdo it but it needs a little bit to break up the big, flat expanses of hull. Those new windows are so freaking cool I'm using them everywhere I can. I wish there were diagonal options.

Old tanks
    Area 71.2_2017-10-29_17-11-37.jpg
    New tanks
    Creative 8.x_2018-06-26_23-05-43.png

I saw some really cool docking corridors that someone had made awhile back but now I can't remember which blueprint it was. I thought I'd subscribed to it but apparently not.

14. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Problem solved...
    Survival_2018-06-26_20-21-38.png
    Survival_2018-06-26_19-57-42.png Survival_2018-06-26_19-58-18.png

15. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

think i might do a short story like i did with aegis origin but more about the war vs the Zirax in more detail.
    also i got this img i really want to use lol

[​IMG]

16. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Some progress on the Yacht...
    Survival_2018-06-27_03-24-03.png
    Survival_2018-06-27_03-26-14.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-24-46.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-25-13.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-25-37.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-26-54.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-27-41.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-28-04.png

17. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Survival_2018-06-27_03-28-38.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-29-00.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-29-17.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-30-10.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-30-57.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-31-13.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-31-55.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-32-15.png Survival_2018-06-27_05-54-42.png Survival_2018-06-27_03-34-32.png

18. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

I need to start getting these HV blueprints I am "fixing" updated on the workshop. To that end, I did update the Trike.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1265265023

When I took a screen shot of the statistics, I noticed that the front turret was in the middle of the screen. At first I was thinking how terrible it was and that I would have to consider a complete remodel in the future. But then I remembered that I drove a couple kilometers out to get these screen captures, including through some forest to get here. And during that time, the turret never bothered me. Then I remembered that this doesn't have any fixed weapons, only turrets. I don't need to line up the cross hairs over a target, and if I do it means I took direct control of the turret anyways.

A8 SL Creative_2018-06-26_21-42-19.png

To go scout out a spot for pictures, I had spawned in my Ant Hauler CV. While I had it there, I thought I would give it run through looking for heat and radiation issues. There was a 0.2 radiation leak (probably fuel tank) near the showers. Otherwise, everything seemed to be clean. Maybe I will fix that someday, but for now that seems rather minor and so it looks like I will be leaving the Ant Hauler as is for Alpha 8.

There were a couple more HV that I started updating for Alpha 8.

So far the Ant Hauler has been doing well for an Alpha 6 build. I didn't stress over the massive heat and radiation hazards in engineering. That is what the room is for, the hazardous stuff. I was very pleased that this BP faired so well crossing into Alpha 8.

A8 SL Creative_2018-06-26_20-38-13.png

The Ant has some severe heat issues with the thrusters at the front of the cabin and a generator diagonally off the back of the cabin. I was solving most of the problems except the thrusters without significantly altering the shape of the Ant. But any way I cut it, moving the thrusters from the front of the HV was requiring something a bit more radical. The original is on the left. The remodel is on the right. Another case where the remodel may be cheaper, and I think it was lighter too.

A8 SL Creative_2018-06-26_21-22-59.png

However, I believe the remodel of the Nymph is heavier than the original. Like my other starter HV, it is getting an enclosed cabin, as well as adding a detector and armor station. Again, the original is on the left. Both versions include a constructor.

A8 DI Creative_2018-06-26_20-18-56.png

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

ion_storm and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Happy to be of help. :D