What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Not likely, it is an artificial choke-point to make you go get spider hugs. I Get what you are saying and even might agree. But it seems unlikely.

Also you have to change the amount of the ingredient to 0 but leave the entry in IIRC. If I'm wrong about it? Meh! ;) try something Other than the energy drink like 2 kavae beans.

2. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Ah, that makes sense (the ingredient changes you suggest). Will try that! Thanks.

As far as your speculation on Eleon's intent: I fear you are correct, and once again I have to ask: why? I just don't get some of their game design philosophy, mainly the "must impose arbitrary limitations to make the game less fun . . ."

ADDIT: if they want to INCENTIVIZE going to get spider hugs, that is great! Give an "enhanced" Emergency Ration that includes the Hot Beverage and maybe one or two other wild only ingredients TOO!

ADDIT2: @Hicks42 Yep that worked! Thanks.

Code:
    { Template Name: EmergencyRations
      CraftTime: 60
      Target: FoodP
      { Child Inputs 
        WaterBottle: 1
        HotBeverage: 0
        EnergyDrink: 1
        FruitJuice: 2
        PowerBar: 6
        Salami: 3
      }
    }

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    ion_storm, Hicks42, typhoon01 and 2 others like this.
  3. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

I will notify when I upload it :D.

Tyrax Lightning and arcticsnowyt like this.
  4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I uploaded the Sathium-free version of the Weta as the Cricket.

Instead of the shutters in the front I went for double windows, so the player can still see out when the shutters are closed.
    The shutters can be controlled by a switch in the rear and a switch in the control panel.

I know, it's a throwback to my flying brick days, but the HPODS are ships I still use in single player games. I figured folks could use another Sathium-free warp jumper.

Here is the new front with the shutters closed.
    ... and its a LVL 7 warp jumper that fits through a 5x3 hangar door.
    [​IMG]

5. Trig

Trig Captain

I've built a new entry level SV today. Was going to be a level 7 utility vessel, but ended up looking too fancy to call it one.
    Built to contain a warp drive, but blueprint doesn't have it (or constructors and warptank) installed so it can be made before going to space for cobalt. Seats 3, roof is a shutter for launching drone.
    Also can go full speed underwater down to a depth of about 30 small blocks, good for finding underwater pentaxid on starter planets.

Tried, and failed, to come up with a name that's not taken on workshop (even used a random spaceship name generator), but everything was taken, usually multiple times. Ended up calling it Intrepid-SS7 (standard steel, level 7).

workshop (better pictures and description): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1437822941
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

(BA) Imperial Outpost SP.jpg
    Finally decided to do 2 Versions of the Imperial Outpost:
    (BA) Imperial Outpost SP for Single Player, incl. Adv Constructors
    and
    (BA) Imperial Outpost NC for No Constructors for faster Building

Attached Files:

7. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Nexus Station progress report:

I've been bouncing around the station this evening working here and there as ideas come to me. I ended up leaving the detention block where it was. The space was only one block high so there wasn't much else I could put there. Made a couple small changes and added a bunch of npcs to it instead. I couldn't think of what to do with the city block I leveled last night so I went to work in the central core instead.

I deleted the cafeteria and moved the medical center up a level into its spot. Then I installed a grow farm in the med center's old spot. Then I deleted the officer's quarters and installed an air/water processing plant and a laundry room in that spot.

Currently demolishing the old farm and installing the newly expanded theater into that space. Going to turn the old theater into a grocery store I think.

New theater.
    Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_04-25-53.jpg Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_04-26-59.jpg Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_04-27-06.jpg

One of the shop areas I renovated. To the right is where the dead end corridor used to be. Restrooms are there now. Added a coffee shop in the middle there. Raised the ceiling on the shops on the left. Eliminated the shops that were above them. That area will become a seating area. Work in progress.
    Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_04-28-32.jpg

Medical level. I changed the layout a bit. Instead of one side patient rooms and one side labs/examination rooms now it has patient rooms going all the way around with labs in each of the four corners.
    Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_04-29-00.jpg

Water processing plant.
    Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_04-30-38.jpg

Air processing equipment. I kind of 'cheated' a little bit here. This part of the station's central column is adjacent to the big external tanks holding the fuel, etc. The tanks are rounded on the outside but the inside has secondary layer which is a cube holding the fuel/oxygen leaving empty space between the inner cube and the outer shell. Technically they'd be a separate entity if this were real world but it's not so I dug into that empty space in the side of the tanks to expand this floor of the station.

Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_04-30-51.jpg

Laundry room right in the middle
    Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_04-30-56.jpg

Instead of a grocery store I built a fancy restaurant to replace the old theater.
    Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_06-51-23.jpg Creative 8.x_2018-07-11_06-51-18.jpg

Back to staring at that city block I tore down but I'm getting a few ideas for it.

8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Good to know. Thank you and Hicks both for this.

9. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Made 3 boats yesterday !

In order to make the renegade 900 not feel like the only boat in the world on my game, added a bit of size variety by building these 3

Getaway 640 (64ft weekend yacht, pictured next to the Renegade 900)
    Aerie 300 (30ft day yacht)
    Sting 360 (36ft day yacht)

The getaway is similar style to the renegade 900 but much shorter, narrow, lower, different hull geometry.
    It is the poorer rich mans version.

C1.png C2.png C3.png

B1.png B2.png B3.png B4.png

A1.png
    A2.png A3.png

10. Furious Hellfire

Loved the name
    es.png
    2222.png

11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I love these boats you've been making. They're extremely well done. Amazing work there!

12. Furious Hellfire

Thanks Siege, this is just the beginning hopefully, those 3 are just my practice runs on more realistic hull geometry, my first boats had nothing of a hull on them haha.
    After seeing what can be possible I had to have a splurge.

I especially wanted to see if we could have functional small speedboat type hulls and we can.

Might have a couple more boats by the end of today :D

13. elmo

elmo Captain

@Furious Hellfire... Love the boats. all we need now is a little fishing boat and some fish in the water.

14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Love-Boats...:p
    Dear Elmo, don't dive when the "fishers" are on the lake;):D

Furious Hellfire and elmo like this.
  15. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Them boats.....!

16. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

IRL I live 5 minutes walk away from a marina, see enough boats from my house ... ;D

BTW: Soon to start playing some more Empyrion (Ironman S8, unofficial), do some Weapon Bunker looting (Mission 2).

17. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Neat!

Say, what is the "trick" to designing an SV to serve as a submarine? There must be a thread around here somewhere where the nitty-gritty on that is laid out?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  18. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Not at this time- one recipe, one output. The changes to food are step one in making recipes take "categories" of items instead of specific items, which will eventually lead to multiple inputs to recipes. Multiple outputs will take even more changes to base code.

19. Eliteace

Eliteace Captain

awesome

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Love the boats! The way you handled the bow is clever as heck. Speaking from experience, that's very difficult to get right with the blocks we have. Well done.