What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I made a new version modifying my old Argentspire with landing pad BA which is the Argentspire BA by Kieve with a landing pad attached. The version 2 is on the workshop. Now the whole BA looks more Argentspire...ish. ;)

A8 Creative_2018-07-13_16-15-06.jpg A8 Creative_2018-07-13_16-19-23.jpg A8 Creative_2018-07-13_16-38-22.jpg

2. T431

T431 Captain

Yeah, the millenium falcon size class of ships of around 30 meters long are a really awkward place, as for an SV it's too big to be practical, but for a CV it's too small to be very detailed. I tried making a CV of that size, but I really had to keep it's design very simplistic or it just wouldn't work.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

To the point, under the currently imposed limitations. Something like the Falcon, or perhaps Serenity, are valid examples of small vessels that aren't capital vessels... but are far larger than fighters or small shuttles. That intermediate range is where imposed limits rather than actual [game] engine limits really hamper creativity

Na_Palm, Tyrax Lightning and T431 like this.
  4. kolyana

kolyana Lieutenant

This is the current base. There is an underwater "core" - a glass room with water-emptied glass corridors connecting landmass to other locations, such as the hangar there that goes down to the lake floor. Pictured is the medical facility with emergency landing pad on the top; we figured if we're hurt and need to get back to base to get medical attention, have everything super handy. But the heart of the base is underwater.

Why am I picturing this? Because what else do you do in an intergalatic space faring game when you build an underwater base ...
    [​IMG]

You build a boat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Base from above:
    [​IMG]

5. T431

T431 Captain

I meant too big for an sv to be practical because they're locked into this fighter role, and aren't allowed to excell in other areas due to all the limitations. Maybe there should be a class of medium vessels, that slot in between CV's and SV's.

Brimstone and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

They removed that ability?
    <sigh> well, there goes the Tortoise Companion.
    I knew it was no longer necessary after they released drill turrets for CV's , but I was keeping it in the workshop for nostalgia's sake.
    I guess I might as well delete it and reconfigure the lower bridge on the Tortoise miner CV.

Goodbye old friend, you served your purpose but are obsolete now.
    previewfile_892675067.jpg

7. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

:D :D :D

Loving the boat ! if it goes on workshop let me know !
    Like a fishing /diving boat type deal, cool.
    If it has the water hover like mine, add it to the functional water craft collection ;)

8. kolyana

kolyana Lieutenant

It's not my design; it was on workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1357753249

I'm subscribed to your Yacht V2 =D It's my goal to build that to sail these planet's oceans (it has a lot of connected water).

9. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

I knew what you meant- I was just underscoring our agreement. I don't think there needs to be a separate class of vessels- just turrets and higher tier RCS, gens, and tankage for SVs to allow them to fit into the mid-size role more completely. That way, the player can decide what they want to use- they can still build a fighter if that's what they want, or something bigger. Truly big should properly be the realm of the CV.

I have to dispute the "no longer necessary" part- CV drills work in space, HV on-planet- and it was nice to be able to build something that allowed you to fulfill both needs with something that effectively remained one vehicle... but I share your utter disappointment in the dev's decision. I do want to clarify, though- it really is only the drill/multiturrets that I think should remain active when docked. I totally understand why offensive turrets should not be active- even if it really is only a PvP issue.

Tyrax Lightning, dpburke2 and T431 like this.
  10. Furious Hellfire

Thanks for the link !

I need to update that yacht v2 with the new hover height parameters, so it will ride at 0.80
    I just added a planet into my server with huge water expanse, class 5 planet :)

Tyrax Lightning and kolyana like this.
  11. kolyana

kolyana Lieutenant

SIGN ME UP!

12. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Attached Files:

13. LeVentNoir

LeVentNoir Captain

I updated my main spacebase in preparating for spawning it into my SP PVE game:

The Haast-Crowsnest-A8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over 250 meters long, it's a space base that looks like it belongs in space, yet also provides all the things needed for long term life away from planets

14. Furious Hellfire

It is a class 5 planet, with a water body stretching from equator down to south pole then turns north west and leads into a few bays on the way, shortest route from end to end is maybe 40-50km touring the shoreline would take hours probably, as I cannot imagine how many total km there are.

Currently building a server for sailing, this planet is the starter, you spawn on the docks in middle of sea of Manhar.
    Surrounded by an impressive array of docked ships :D
    This is the yacht sales hub.

I intend to turn it into a luxury yachting server only, players will get a basic wooden shack on the coast of manhar, with a free jetski and 5000 gold.

No resources, indestructible terrain, no other vessels allowed on playfield.
    Players will pick pentax underwater and seaweed to sell to the traders to make enough gold for a new yacht, with a varying range of sizes and prices xD

It will literally be a pve luxury holiday resort.
    A pvp planet will be available through a teleport for scheduled combat boat events yes combat boat events lol.
    A small lake with 2 players per boat, a boat is sunken when it keels over from losing all hovers on 1 side.
    Players can earn gold from that, and also jetski race events on the manhar sea to win gold.

If it sounds like a bit of fun I will IM you as soon as the server is up, it will be a locked server.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  15. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  16. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

I don't use Workshop, so feel free to add mine to Your collection when I post them here...
    I don't care about all this copyright, subs, votes, etc. BS...
    If I don't want something to be used without my permission, I'll just keep it to myself... Simple...
    Need some illustration of Your method...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  17. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

So it IS valid for multi and mining turrets too after all... Disgusting...
    Can we have just ONE update minus some new total BS?
    Please?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Nexus Station Update:

I think I'm done pulling the station apart for now. I deleted the maintenance tunnels from the city's core area and removed some other extraneous blocks and then I used a little copy/paste magic to give myself some more room to work with by extending the station three blocks vertically. This raised the height of the ceiling in the city area. I think the only casualty were the LCD signs. The displays did not survive the move so I'll have to go back and fix those later. Shouldn't be too difficult. Just a lot of running back and forth from a backup copy of the station. :rolleyes:

I cleaned up the exterior structure from the copy/paste and laid out the shops and stuff.

I have so much texturing and decorating and detailing to do now.

Forgive the mess. We're renovating. :p
    Raised ceiling plus a bunch of deleted blocks means I can put more shops on the upper promenade area and even a little park. Yeah. Those ceiling textures are gonna have to go.
    Creative 8.x_2018-07-14_07-07-44.jpg Creative 8.x_2018-07-14_07-08-08.jpg

It also means room for some fancy looking light fixtures. The city gained a block of space in height. The other extra blocks mean 1) I have space to add ventilators in the ceiling and 2) there's an extra couple layers between the city and the station's landing pads so the ceiling isn't paper thin anymore. That way if anyone makes a hard landing they don't accidentally depressurize the station. That would be bad. :eek::p Creative 8.x_2018-07-14_07-08-37.jpg

We're at size class 153 now(up from 139) and absolutely zero farks given for material costs.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  19. Furious Hellfire

Hovers marked in yellow
    bottom level marked in green, bottom level will be completely submerged when at 0.80
    1.png

Hovers marked in yellow.
    thrusters are on bottom level which is completely submerged when on water

The trick is to have the hover thrusters placed on the third row, this causes 0.80 to be water rideheight with 1 block level submerged.
    If you find it is not working like your cabin has water in still, then you have to much weight for the given amount of hovers, add more hovers or reduce weight.
    2.png

Hope that helps

20. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

So You're just playing with the hover height... Got it...
    I did it too at the begining, but I abandoned it because while it really saves space, it needs additional instructions, and most people just go max height...