What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

no no no
    I dont have to adjust the hover height anymore, the vessel stays at 0.80 in perfect situ with the water.
    problem on mp server if your riding a boat and say you want to stand up, and say your currecnt water ride height is 3.0, when you stand the vessel auto resets to 0.80 so you sink, its a thing only on MP on water.

All my boats had random ride heights from the levels i placed the thrsuters on and all suffed same pain in the ass problem with sinking on stand.

All I have done is find the perfect location to add the hovers, in a mp server the vessel will not drop if i stand because my ride height is the default hover reset height.

the boat never has to be adjusted in anyway unless you want to go on land and have better clearance.

Tyrax Lightning and ion_storm like this.
  2. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Ah, got it...
    Guess I'll have to make two versions of each then...:D

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Furious Hellfire

You mean 1 for sp and 1 for mp ?

Myself I just edited the hover placement on my existing boats to fix that multiplayer 0.80 sink issue, they will still run fine in sp and mp with this fix.
    Should not need to have 2 versions.

Tyrax Lightning and ion_storm like this.
  4. abelzw

abelzw Lieutenant

I got po'd because "si off" either doesn't work or I just don't understand it. I'm trying to build a large base on my private server and even with "si off" my base keeps falling apart after a certain point...

5. Furious Hellfire

I think if it is a survival game the si cannot be turned off.
    Try spawning it in space to finish off or show the si on planet so you can see the weaknesses ?

Can only build outward so far without support, and if a block is not touching ground properly on a corner or something your losing integrity from that.

abelzw and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Furious Hellfire

Just finished making a 1 planet pve private boating community server, with 1 adjoining pvp planet for combat boat events ;)
    fixed point start at the docks with info provided.
    I don't want to advertise it in the multiplayer room yet, as this server is aimed at the people in this thread who have been interested in the boat thing over the last few weeks, those who join can help further the concept with their input.
    If it has a chance of becoming anything then I need the people who are already familiar with the boating concept to start it out.

Player starts with 5000 credit, assault rifle, some rations and medical packs as well as light armour for diving.
    Also a wooden coastal stilt shack with fridge and food processor and a jetty and jetski.

No resources on map, no blueprint spawning allowed.
    Terrain is indestructible.

Earn credits for better boats, some listed items are in effect for you to obtain from water and land to sell on marketplace wanted screen such as crushed stone, t1 and t6 plasma, pentax raw.

Jetski race events for large cash prizes, combat boat events for large cash prizes.
    The shack can be modified, extra levels added, extra jetty's but must remain wooden and must not extend too much further into the water.

Trading station on coastline for tools food and ammo supplies.

POI on planet if your brave and seek devices or resources.

I figure it might be fun for those who are messing with boats or thinking of messing with boats at the moment to have an environment strictly for boats to play on.

Yachts can be sold second hand and also advertised on the starting dock ;)

There are set boats available in the server, however any other boat builder of hv who wants to add a boat to the server selling list can do so as long it it meets the condition of a 0.80 ride height on water, has some texturelight navigation lights and is generally boat shaped xD

Also a player is allowed to construct his or her own HV boat within the server either for personal use or selling on, you will have to reach long and hard to find the resources for that I think but can serve as a pastime project within the server ^-^

My older yachts are not applicable yet for the server as I have not updated their hover thruster placement yet so they have been left out of the line up but will be back soon when they are 0.80 uniform !

Just my 5 new boats and a jetski available to purchase atm.

Just a bit of fun between forging galactic empires :D
    A gradual build up from jetski owner to superyacht owner.

IM me if you want to join, I will have to personally greet you in the server to show you your shack and jetski after a short boat ride to it on my luxury cabin cruiser XDD

7. T431

T431 Captain

Now that my lvl 15 batleship is finished, what better than to make a lvl 15 hovertank to accompany it? This is what I got right now, called it the T4-Peril, though other name suggestions are welcome.
    20180714203728_1.jpg
    it has a special combat stance thet puts the nose down, so all turrets can fire forwards. Quite a nifty system for POI attacking, though I'm not sure if the HV turrets have been fixed already.

8. Furious Hellfire

sexy vessel :)

T431 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Furious Hellfire

wow
    wow.png

10. Damonicus1986

Damonicus1986 Commander

today i moved forward with my WIP hope you all like it so far :) 20180714230525_1.jpg 20180714230542_1.jpg

11. Devilmedic

Devilmedic Lieutenant

unknown.png So I finally finished the rough draft 10 base part Atlantis build

12. Trig

Trig Captain

I've been working on remaking / modernizing drillbarge (one of the first things I made and shared for this) into a proper mobile base, miner, and poi dissembler.

Kinda struggling with textures and colors, it's shape and looks don't really fit with the black/yellow construction/industrial colors very well. Also a bit frustrated by restrictions.. can't put a proper constructor, no solar panels, or useful medical gadgets. Would also be nice to dock a small SV with it.

(pics of the single player version, going to modify a version for MP with 4 drills and multiturrets, along with seating)
    [​IMG]
    (I kept getting distracted by those sunsets and the super lens-flare and had to stop to take some pics)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. abelzw

abelzw Lieutenant

Building it in space then spawning it isn't exactly a feasible idea since I'm trying to make a massive tunnel where the entrance follows the slope of the terrain. I ended up finding a work-around, I guess you could call it. I ended up using a T2 drill and filled in all the dirt around the tunnel, then added a 1 block width sheet on every side. That ended up doing the trick. Not exactly what I was looking for but it'll get the job done for now.

14. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Well, it's done, the companion HV has been deleted from the workshop and the lower bridge on the Tortoise Excavator has been reconfigured.
    No more planetary mining from your CV using a companion HV. <snif>

I also used the copy and paste tool to fix an old issue with the bays not being wide enough to fit the hangar doors, lengthened the ship, and added motion sensors to the hangar doors/ramps.

Now if only you could invert the view when controlling an upside-down turret. I moved the mining turret to the top because the upside-down view was annoying. Maybe I will move it back.

Old:
    [​IMG]

New:
    [​IMG]

15. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Hello :) Hello ... Do you know the base 6 tier ??? :D

I am upgrading BA :) I still have to color it ...

Pevnost.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today's project was a small redesign with a rename.
    The Dumbo Dome is now the Geodesic Explorer.
    ... and it still meets the challenge specifications from it's original build.

Old:
    [​IMG]

New:
    [​IMG]

17. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

That's a standout design. It reminds me a lot of a dredge. They paint those however they want to.

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. abelzw

abelzw Lieutenant

I'm building my massive underground CV hangar on a dedicated server. The goal is to build it then set it to "admin" like the poi's so we have a safe place to land. This base is about 750 blocks long!

20180715201423_1.jpg 20180715201620_1.jpg
    I wish they made hangar doors large enough...

19. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

If we all give up that easy, we can only expect more and more nonsense...:(
    :D

20. Furious Hellfire

Started a new boat today !

57 foot

Its size and class is between the Mantra 420 and Getaway 640
    With a cabin somewhat similar in design to the getaway 640 but scaled down.

1.png