What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

Started (and got quite far) with this CV thing
    20160728125258_1.jpg
    Built in Creative mode, it's given me a lot more freedom to chop and change, that said i'm not entirely happy with the head of the beast, but all in all it's ok. For once I don't have oodles of free (wasted) space, those nacelles packed and stacked

I might release it as a 'prototype' and then change the front.

Tyrax Lightning and futontorpedo like this.
  2. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Looks perfect for a derelict lost in space some were. Maybe remove a few key items. Brake a few others. It has that wierd look to it. Sorta Alien.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

Honestly the junk I make would do well as space wreckage / derelict ships :D

4. Darryl smith

Darryl smith Commander

Made my way to the lava planet and to masperon or the two rare ores. Loaded up on a few stacks of each and then headed back to Akua. Parked in orbit and I am now mining the crap out of every asteroid I see on the surface.

My new plan is to pre build everything I need for a base in my CV. I will then find a planet somewhere quiet and build again. This time I plan on having some surprises for the raiders though.

Tyrax Lightning and CrazyEd like this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Everyone who wants a Bug Free Game is gonna aim their Guns at this dude... might wanna watch out. :p

6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well landed on this Aestus planet and I doubt I'm staying .LOL This is a freaky planet.
    Screenshot (114).png

I don't know what heck this thing is . An alien Zombie ?LOL Creepy!!!
    Screenshot (115).png

7. Darryl smith

Darryl smith Commander

I had a plan to use hover starter blocks with power fuel ammo and plasma cannons as Defense perimeter posts and to build a new base. For some reason when I deployed the starter on a desert world (PVP) the game would not let me add any parts to it.

I decided to have a look around and I found a base, decided to have a closer look and then blasted a hole in it trying out my plasma cannons on my new fighter.

On the way back to the Cerberus I found a small CV parked in orbit. I returned to the Cerberus and then figured it was an opportunity to test the fighting effectiveness of my cruiser as I have never fired a shot.

Poor little guy didn't stand a chance

8. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

I finally got tired of the sands of Omicron seizing up my space suit joints, I uplifted all my junk and hauled it to Ningues.
    My planet entry point was a lovely valley, marred by 5 (Five !) Alien POI's, so I shot up the first two and spent the night looting, and shot up the other three on day 2.
    I then plonked down a base off the Workshop (which is a first for me, I always build or squat) Needless to say i put it down one block to low and my new base was full of "snow"
    20160730081924_1.jpg
    I spent day 3 shoveling snow out, and wishing we got a better preview when placing things, but at the same time enjoy the snow drift aesthetic ...
    20160730084003_1.jpg
    20160730144641_1.jpg

And yeah, that's the drone base and the missile silo as my neighbors to the east, the amount of drones that spewed out on me to protest my ignoring of Ningues building ordinances was incredible

Blimy, Frigidman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Tyrax Lightning

But... why would ya NOT stay? Colonizing Aestus is the Path To Badassery! :p

banksman45 likes this.
  10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

You know what? You're right. Colonizing Aestus might feel like I'm playing a Zombie game but it would be bad ass if I could pull it off. lol Maybe a underground base would be perfect for this planet. Im going to try it.

CrazyEd and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. Kurokaze

Kurokaze Ensign

I did like Aestus from the first minute as I happened to land directly on a GOLD mining place! This was the first time that I did dig out ALL ores from one place....but only AFTER having placed my base (from factory) with a good set of guns and all life support. Btw, I started on Akua in survival, was on Omicron, Ningues, Skillon and now Aestus, visited the moons which are a bit boring and never feeled the need to go underearth. My easiest conquer of a whole planet was to take over POIs with minimal damage , destroy the base, replace and reactivate including guns and then see (for example Aestus) how the Nightmares are killed by their own bases, hahaha! Two to three plasma guns are enough to stop all drone attacks around 200-300 meters away and I go and loot then their stuff.

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well I finished my underground hangar which will double as a base in the future and it's sitting inside of molten rock and lava. lol Now time to work on my SV. Screenshot (118).png Screenshot (119).png Screenshot (117).png

13. Tyrax Lightning

While continuing work on my new Dragon Transport Rebuild, I tried experimenting & setting my FoV to the max value of 90, from its original value of the default 60... & a whole new world opened up for me... :eek:

futontorpedo likes this.
  14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Ew. I get physically sick when I see fish-eye-bowl FOV and how it warps and ozzes around when panning. ... makes me wanna ralph right now thinkin about it.

15. Tyrax Lightning

It was the first time I ever realized how far forward the View was sitting from my Character's actual Face at FoV 60 compared to 90, where it seems like the FoV is in front of the Character's actual Eyes... or at least close enough to them. With that said, I can understand how it wouldn't be for the Motion Sickness Vulnerable. Safe bet that's why it's a settable option. To each their own. :)

Also, the fact that I got a 1920x1200 Monitor Virtual Super Resolutioned to 2560x1600 might matter a lot too. Trying this stunt on a Lower Res on a smaller Monitor could be a whole different story. (My Monitor's a 25.5"... most likely by Desktop Computer standards, outright ginormous.)

I can't help but to wonder who would ever wanna set FoV to its Minimum Setting of 40... Maybe someone Roleplaying as a old dude with not so good vision? :p

16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

FoV 40 ... tunnel vision lol. I guess if you still have a 4:3 monitor?

The higher FoV beyond 80 is more for the curved monitors where it actually maps correctly and feels more like natural sight. I just cannot stand the unnatural disgusting distortion of the view and motion. I don't get motion sickness, I get sick from seeing crappy graphics on my screen ;)

17. Tyrax Lightning

Interesting... I didn't know "Curved Monitors" existed.

For the Topic: I think my Dragon Transport Rebuild is over 3/4ths done. :)

18. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

CrazyEd and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Tyrax Lightning

20. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral