What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Could not decide which was better, new ramps or old ramps so did one with each XD

3.png 5.png

Sephrajin, Na_Palm, dpburke2 and 4 others like this.
  2. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Finished building the base. I don't no why i built it this way but oh well. lol
    Screenshot (162).png
    Screenshot (169).png

Sephrajin, Donbingo, Na_Palm and 10 others like this.
  3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today I loaded my 8.0 workshop save for the first time since we started testing 9.0.
    Spent a bit of time with the setposition command fixing the landing pads...

Amusingly, I was continuously gaining rep with all 3 factions in my old creative game.
    Another point of amusement, all my docked HV and SV builds were hovering above the landing pad they were docked to.

Now for the annoying part, looking at all my builds and starting to upgrade them for the new cargo mechanics.

<sigh>
    Here is to hoping that I can continue using that old save and 9.0 did not introduce any new "undocumented features" when dealing with old saves. Recreating my workshop save is a major pain.

4. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

How do i delete a signal?
    Ive copy pasted some stuff from one ship to another and deleted a motion sensor. But the signal name still exists.
    How can I get rid of it or assign to another sensor?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning and Robot Shark like this.
  6. Donbingo

Donbingo Captain

Just for the fun of it...

How big in meters are your most used non battle HV, so like the one you just use to get around in.

I am building a parking garage/deck so want to know what for sizes others are driving around in :)

7. Trig

Trig Captain

Built/modified a HV into a level 5 8,000SU floating cargobox (with some other features) that can upgrade into a decent miner at Lv10. Made it after trying out a volume enabled survival game and seeing the limitations and frustrations of trying to work with the stationary 'portable' constructor.
    Survivalist HMT
    [​IMG]
    (accidentally made it look a little bit like a tank)
    It's able to hold and produce the beginnings of a base, and can barely move with 125tons additional mass.

Also got SRMT (this thing) updated to A9, with 65k harvest box.

And have been working on a lightweight / low cost CV-truck for carrying around and unloading HV's, still undecided on weather it should have a new-style ramp (only short HV's can enter) or an old style ramp like a tailgate. It'll probably be around 240-270 neodymium (1 thruster per direction, requiring two CV generators) and made of cardboard (carbon blocks).
    20181217183742_1.jpg
    20181218202240_1.jpg
    disguising retractable turrets as cargo extenders is kinda neat:
    20181217183518_1.jpg
    20181217183450_1.jpg

8. Trig

Trig Captain

I would guess a two (base) block wide space would cover most things, although you could go 3 wide to cover those few extra wide types. (if just talking about like personal transports and smaller harvester-width HV's. Two blocks wide would give a bit of walking around space on stuff about as wide as a harvester, but might be tight on things a little bigger.

9. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Non-battle HV and the one I use to get around in are almost mutually exclusive terms for when I play survival. Now if by battle you mean taking on a POI, then my HV of choice would be non-battle. Built without any sathium, the hull is paper thin. However, it does have four minigun turrets, so it isn't unarmed either. It is my early game HV of choice because it does a good job of keeping me alive. Let me see. It is 4.5 m wide, 5.5 m deep, and 2.5 meters in height.

10. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Watched empyrion forum explode with new comments and posts :confused:

11. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Thanks for reminding me to post here xD

Got my Scenario 'Vertigo Cluster' ready for A9 MP.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1404611657

Also, finaly updated the ugly Welcome Center it had with something slightly more appealing.
    Obviously this screen was made while building the new center, the old one is in the rear left,
    20181209144355_1.jpg

12. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Trying 0.9 survival, with mass/volume disabled.
    Just looted Alien Helix (8 containers) early on, were close to Opportunity that I found close to crash area. (and become starter base) Mass+volume would have done this fiddly to do early.
    A09.jpg

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Even with volume enabled, that loot would be well worth hauling back in a basic cargo HV. :D

14. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

@ravien_ff I know how, but it gives me negative game fun. I played World of Warcraft for a year as only game, that made me very "sensitive" towards grinding elements. Things that just adds time by meaningless repetitions of simple tasks needed to progress. Also played MineCraft for several years, that too started to be a grind. Maybe play a bit when 14 is released, if not keep on with small patches all the time.

15. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

In light of the volume and inventory changes I put all my construction projects on hold. Going to have to ponder the implications of these changes and maybe wait to see how it shakes out.

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Tell me something about WoW I don't know;):D..Played 6 Years, created 8 Char, leveled them all up to what lvl was available at the time, and did all the grinding and repeating. I only started WoW with my former Girlfriend because we had American Friends who invited us to play there too. Before that we all came from 4 Years of SWG and THAT was real Grinding...and started out to be Working in a game:rolleyes:.
    I am grinding in all of the games because I don't like any other way:D. Must be the reason for playing 7 Years SWTOR after WoW....

17. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

@Germanicus OK! That year I were off "regular" work and played often 16 hours a day. Had maybe 60 different characters (L20 and up to some 80) on a few realms. So I got an overdose of grinding, so to say. I started with WoW a few months after release, but just played occasional. Then I got an Annual pass for a good price ...

Tyrax Lightning and Germanicus like this.
  18. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

My little shabby conversion of Opportunity starter shack. Tall rocks are nice for defense, but no attacks since used a current POI. Found out some stuff with NPC factions and missions, so probably start a new survival - again. No buds or mushrooms spotted yet either.
    A09b.jpg
    A09c.jpg

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I believe that even in future Updates plants like Buds and Mushrooms are ONLY(?) to be found within Talon ZOC. If outside of it... I doubt it.

20. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

egs-xp.jpg