What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Updated some old SVs and built a few new ones, all of which now feature the open cockpit encased in Armored Windows.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning, Frigidman and Kaeser like this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I've returned from my break from Empyrion & tested Butt Parking with the new SV Heavy Landing Gear T2, & it works! :D (If ya keep the Docking Speed sane.)

I've also resumed finishing my Almost Done CV Tyrax Dragon Transport Rebuild & its Status is now Upgraded to "Nearly Done". :)

banksman45 likes this.
  3. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Now this ought to be fun!....

Bike Test .jpg

Bike Test 1.jpg

Bike Test 2.jpg

Bike Test 3.jpg

Bike Test 4.jpg

paca0502, Siege Inc., Krenios and 3 others like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

I like the way ya think! :D

Kaeser likes this.
  5. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

6. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Updated the rest of the remaining Fighter SV designs I had, all with open cockpits and improvements to speed and handling, as well as building a new small, cheap ship (bottom row middle), named the Sparrow.

Gonna need to start testing em soon, I think :)

[​IMG]

7. Tyrax Lightning

Wow... I wish I was any good at making stuff that small. That looks like a good 'Emergency Pop Out & Scram' SV. :)

8. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I thought that said 'Pop Out and Scream,' which I was gonna say is probably what one would do as soon as they get shot while flying it. :p But I would definitely consider it an Interceptor as it is, definitely not sturdy enough to be a solid Fighter.

It's not too hard to make smaller crafts, for this one I basically just plopped down an open cockpit and a generator, and tried to fit the smallest body around it without looking weird. And then add some weird 'wing' things.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. Tyrax Lightning

LOL NOTHING using the Open Cockpit + even the strongest Windows is ever gonna be a 'solid Fighter', cause those Windows will never be as strong as the Closed Cockpit Armor & HPs.

With that said, one of these days I might make try number 1,894,736 at giving a 'Micro SV' a try. :)

10. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Lol
    I was actually aiming at the lake but all I seem to have found was a way to get under... lol any ozzies in here?
    No seriously I always end up 7 or 8 meters underground and then I pop back up to surface again...

Just wandering how cool it would be to have a wingsuit just like in far cry...... :D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  11. Tyrax Lightning

My latest going ons is my nearly complete CV was getting worked on to get it finished, & then I started getting Crashes, the kind that Generate Error Stuff Reports to Mail to the Devs. It started as I was finishing my Building of my CV Fuel Rooms, & got to the point where it wouldn't quit doing it every few to couple minutes slowing me down BAD. I've mailed a bunch of these Reports to the Devs & got a Response that my Steam decided to be a lazy Couch Potato & not get my Empyrion Auto-Updated to 603. I got that resolved, but the Crashes continued. The Devs next had me Verify Game Cache (Passed) then try Deleting Local Content & Reinstalling Empyrion, assuring me that my Saves would stay Intact. This morning I got that done & went into my Creative to see if I could FINALLY finish my CV Build with the Crashes gone... but I can't... ALL of my Creations in my Creative World including the nearly done CV are GONE... & I never save BPs of Creations till they have at minimum gotten Completed & passed my Final Testing, which this CV was just short of the mark of...

I have a Heartache to nurse... :'(

Slam Jones likes this.
  12. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

I can't like your comment...because it made the fat little pasty nerd in me cry. :(

13. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

Noticed the seed your using in SP. I use the opposite 1-9 as a fixed seed for one playfield. All my playfields have different fixed seeds. Haven't tried 9-1 yet. Maybe next planet I create I'll try it.

14. Ryan8438

Ryan8438 Ensign

Not today, but yesterday..... I survived starting on Omicron with some options set to minimal rare resources and more frequent and aggressive drones, just to see how it would go. It was HARD but exciting. Dug my initial lonely base into the ground, with a small side tunnel where I parked the survival constructor. Good thing, too - twice I was huddled in the side tunnel for a while, waiting while a drone floated overhead, my main constructor out on the floor where the drones could fire in, out of bullets because I'd had to make only a minimum because I couldn't find magnesium. Finally the drones would wander away just far enough I could reach the constructor, build a few bullets, and kill it.

Powering the base with hydrogen because my minimal power cells were running out. My base - a few blocks mounting a generator, fuel tank, and constructor. At the bottom of a shallow cave, because can't afford to build an F&F tool to close the ceiling, or spend more biofuel to make the cave deeper. Finally built a food processor because I have to make medkits. Having to scavenge the food processor to build a O2 station because I didn't have enough fuel cells to power the emergency O2 generator, and had to use the bigger O2 bottles coming from the hydrogen generator. Hoping I've made enough medkits before I scrap the food processor.

And I couldn't find any promethium anywhere, so power cells are running out - saving the last of them to run the hydrogen generator, which gives me more power for the base and my O2 station. This went on for days, counting down my last few remaining power cells to run the H2/O2 generator, actually able to calculate when I'd run out of O2 and power if I didn't find promethium - only had the motorcycle because I couldn't find the resources to build an HV yet - only go out in the day because otherwise I would drive the stupid motorbike into a canyon while getting chased and would get eaten before I could get going. So I could only explore so far, and no promethium within searchable range. This went on for days.

Finally found cobalt which allowed components for an HV, although had to scavenge the O2 station to finish it. Last do or die effort to cruise to the other side of the planet to find promethium. Was shocked how excited I was to finally discover a small deposit - had to mine only a fraction because "I have two and a fraction biofuel left because there's minimal seaweed, so if I get some promethium and leave one to get a little silicon on the way home, then I can finish the basic base, put a gun on the HV, take a deep breath, and start thinking about surviving more than a couple more days."

Simplest and ugliest little HV ever - starter, cockpit, thrusters, RCS, gen/fuel tank, just stuck together with nothing else. But it got me out and back without getting eaten. That made it beautiful.

paca0502, Tyrax Lightning and Krenios like this.
  15. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

@ Ryan8438
    Sounds like a typical day at the office. Good luck in your survival efforts.

Tyrax Lightning and Krenios like this.
  16. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Updated two more old designs, which are now the SlamTek DevilHawk Mk2 (left), and the R2 Torrent Racer (right).

[​IMG]

17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I realized three months ago I needed a Warship CV.. I mean i have a Explorer CV but i need something strong , big and dominating. lol
    Well here she is. I'm still building the interior but this is one ship that can handle alien bases without needing to move around too much.
    One hangar bay with plenty of room for fighters and she is armed to the teeth. With the Core and fuel tanks incased in 3 blocks thick combat blocks, you can safely leave your ship in a fighter during battle and let the CV turrets help you take out an alien base.
    Screenshot (248).png Screenshot (255).png Screenshot (249).png Screenshot (254).png

18. Tyrax Lightning

I tried to soothe my heartache at the loss of a Creation by building another Creation... kinda like if a person had food taken away from them & the person tried to feel better about it by eating even more food.

I decided to make my next attempt at a Micro SV. After awhile it looked like a lump of Metal trying to be a Pod & a Sleigh at the same time & couldn't even hold all desired Devices within it... I was ashamed of it & decided it was a big flunk so I Summoned the Console & blew it to hell. :(

It really seems like I seriously honestly can't do Small SVs... Brawn really is the only way I can really go when building anything I want to have able to fight.

19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I think the cockpits make building a SV easier but I think with any build it's best to just build until you come up with something that looks cool. I have a carrier that took me months to realize I need to make the whole entire ship the back end of a even bigger ship. lol Sometimes flying around the Stargate, Star wars and Star Trek ships or doing something fun like taking out alien bases helps give me ideas for new SVs or cvs.
    Get yourself in the mood to create your new ship

20. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Well this is one of those cases where pvp ruins creative fun. You are being pressured into only building a certain kind of thing, because if you wanted to have fun and make something neat... you feel it would not be 'balanced' or 'appropriate'.

Maybe you should spend some time just doing co-op, or going sp for awhile, and let your creativity and fun run wild. Then when you want to get back into the boring game of 'build a cube of weapons and go fight'... you can get back to pvp mp.

;)