What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Many thanks for the advice, I may well do it! (Plus already not really been able to MP PvP lately anyway cause the RvB Server's in middle of Redesign & not been active for ages anyway.) I guess I really can't defy my own Nature, a Big Brawny Dragon can only be a Big Brawny Dragon... plus Space Vehicles just can't quit having 0 practical use for Wings & Fins & such like that. Plus I may have to take a break from the Cockpit 2 cause as much as I love that Windowing on the bottom front for extra visibility for seeing stuff below ya & for easier landing, there's times when it really does feel hard to build around so maybe i'll try taking a break from my 'Box' & see what it's like outside it. :) (I wonder if 'Landing Cameras' will ever get Implemented as a Device & Render the Cockpit 2 Bottom Windowing something not feeling so 'Mandatory' in need?)

Also in regards to CVs... speaking of 'being pressured into only building a certain kind of thing'... ya know what i'd REALLY love to get in order to get to be more Creative? Armored & Slant Versions of the CV Large & Xtra Large Thrusters. I really wish I could have CV Armored Xtra Large Thrusters I could fully Inset into my CV Build instead of having to try to build & work around the CV Xtra Large Thrusters's stupid protruding part that begs to get shot. & no I don't think trying to figure out how to Inset Xtra Large Thrusters's 6 whole CV Blocks of Size into my CVs would be difficult or a problem, I can do it with ease the way I build. Also if these were to be Implemented, they'd enable me to build my next CV with them & aid my Heartache cause they'd render the last Design I never got to finish obsolete & something to have left behind anyway!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    banksman45 likes this.
  2. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Discovered a new species of dinosaur.... The "Dolosaurus"

Survival_63_2016-09-12_19-15-23.png

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  3. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I would like for the DEVs to turn Creative mode into another game mode. Where you can spawn enemy ships and bases to test your creations or be able to turn your own ships into enemy ships and fight them.

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  4. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

That... is... cool. :D

For the Topic: I built a new SV willy nilly & ended up with... a new SV with GMT Coloring on it cause I completely forgot that I was supposed to be building willy nilly & GMT Painted it as I built outta pure habit. XD

For details, check it out on the SHip Sharing Thread, which i'll head to in a bit as of the time of this Post to drop this new Creation off at it. :)

6. futontorpedo

futontorpedo Commander

Been working on an underground base on my server that originally started as just a mining shaft design-test.... and then seemingly took on a life of its own. Just another 30m to reach bedrock... then maybe I can stop? :\

20160915183009_1.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Tyrax Lightning

Au Contraire, at the Bedrock, it's just begun... for imho the Bedrock is the PERFECT Base Foundation... :)

Edit: I rebuilt my Dummy Survival Game for testing purposes & after having created a Dummy Forward SV Heavy Landing Gear T2 Ramming Vehicle for test purposes, I commenced using my Dummy Game to test using my Dummy Ramming Vehicle vs a Dummy Spotlight Ship in Aestus Orbit for its PvPness. Turned out my Dummy Ramming Vehicle needed more time for Acceleration to Max Speed then I had realized & it failed to be more then half speed when it Collided with the Spotlight Ship... then got stuck in the Truss Block Grid & both Ships proceeded to wiggle & squirm with each other, unable to break free of each other. XD

I blew both of them up & Spawned in a new Dummy Rammer & a Dummy Grey Dragon this time. I positioned my Rammer to hit the Grey Dragon right on her right side which would also smash her away from Aestus & keep her in Space, backed up to Max Speed, then straight forward at Max Speed & KAPOW! Then I followed Grey Dragon till she got force stopped by the weird Auto-Magic Ship Stopper thingie & summoned a T2 Multitool to use it to examine the Block Damage on Grey Dragon's Slant & Armored Thrusters. The Ram managed to do an average of 20ish HPs to them, especially the ones struck most directly. I then examined the Rammer SV Heavy Landing Gear T2, aka the Rams, with bated breath... they had taken 20-30 damage. My disappointment was real. It looks like the Landing Gear Armor is NOT strong enough for them to smash stuff & withstand their own force from it to use as Melee Weapons. Looks like that idea is a no-go. :(

Just for curiosity I tried popping off the Grey Dragon Rail Guns above & immediately beside the Grey Dragon's Cockpit & tried ramming the Cockpit directly with the same Test Criteria. The Ramming Attack did a respectable (imho) 90ish damage to the Cockpit & 1 - 10ish more damage to the Ramming Landing Gear.

Overall, it appears that if 'Melee Weapons' were to ever be introduced to Ships, the Armor Power given to them will have to be FIERCELY high for them to be viable or they have to find a way to do their job utilizing more kinds of power then just sheer raw Armor Hardness.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    futontorpedo likes this.
  8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Now this is interesting .. This dude built a gravity Cannon but for people.

Fractalite and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Cool, it's the same principle of gravity drives in SE, the difference is we don't have gravity mass blocks in Empyrion so it can only be applied to people not vessels....

10. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

He also posted the smaller base "transport hub" in the base blueprint thread.

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  11. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Kaeser and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Made a new base with a large landing pad and drive-in hanger for HV's.
    Tweaked the Jumping Jack emergency warp vehicle and added 3 storage bins.
    Tweaked the Hippo budget mobile base and added more storage and fuel tanks to it.

13. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Got a little over-zealous and jumped over a cliff I should not have, died, and then learned the very hard way that while turrets can no longer fire through terrain in single player at said over-zealous player, they can fire through terrain at your craft(s) while you are returning from the dead:

Goddamnit

Survival_69_2016-09-18_23-34-04.png

You would dare??!?! :mad:
    This calls for a bit of field triage:

Survival_69_2016-09-18_23-53-51.png
    They will pay for what they have done! :mad:

Survival_69_2016-09-19_00-41-44.png

Nothing but a smokin crater.... :cool:

Survival_69_2016-09-19_00-41-03.png

Turned a small comfy hovercraft, into a larger(still comfy) assault hovercraft that even does well over topographical challenges!

Just does not park well...:eek:

Survival_69_2016-09-19_00-43-13.png
    Dang it :)

14. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Captain

15. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Lol, got to try this, my preferred assault approach is still the pistol and sniper, sometimes the bike....

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  16. Krenios

Krenios Commander

Great base and first picture, i love it !

Do you want to publish the hover, it look like great too.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  17. Asteriah

Asteriah Lieutenant

I wish the game was er...an MMO where we could all be on the same server.
    I sure would like to see what people have built base wise because I know there are allot of creative people out there.
    Pictures just dont do hard work justice.

18. Asteriah

Asteriah Lieutenant

Worked on Skydock Space Shipping and Transfer.

Attached Files:

• sd2.jpg
      sd2.jpg
      File size:
      293.2 KB
      Views:
    • sd4.jpg
      sd4.jpg
      File size:
      257.1 KB
      Views:
  19. Asteriah

Asteriah Lieutenant

The power house and grow opp sd6.jpg sd7.jpg

20. Asteriah

Asteriah Lieutenant

Skydock passenger terminal waiting area and tunnel to skydock.
    Birds eye of skydock facility. sd66.jpg sd8.jpg