What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Wow, that's impressive!
    I can't wait to see it complete!

Tyrax Lightning and Ann|e Noa|m like this.
  2. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

ya but with my PC, loads it in, crashes game xD

3. The Tactician[ Λ ]

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@The Tactician[ Λ ]
    A question to your AEGIS ship design. By what is the Bow of those Ships inspired?

I wonder because in my mind swirls a ship around that is in the shape of an Ancient Galley, just without Oars;)

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

After the latest installment of A9.2 I, once again, started a new game, lets be fair, several new games.:rolleyes:

The reason for several was:
    Arid Planet - Medium Diff - Rich/Plenty Resources - and, as always, Fast Constructors.

First thing I noticed was that all mines around the Wreckage are small. That normally happens only when Diff. Settings switch back to Medium Default. Double Check - new start - carefully chose Settings step by step - double checking again before hitting start...Same Result.:eek:

OK I thought... eventually Seed related...

Third Start "Same procedure as Every Year, James!"...Same result in a different Seed!
    Well here I got a bit frustrated...so I opened Console typed in MAP and took a long look on the Ore Nodes...out of 28 only 3 Medium, the others small!o_O

Fourth Start - on EASY:( Diff - I almost canceled in the FIRST NIGHT because as soon as Night fell THREE Monsters were spawning within meters around the Wreckage - Unbeatable with only a Survival Tool...because those Beasts can now climb:eek:. They were still around at daybreak, just were they spawned..Waiting for me to come down from the highest point on the Wreckage..no de-spawn!..Ultima Ratio..GM activated, packed up my Stuff and moved far to the north to a spotted Derelict Base where start a new life.

7. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Dude…
    I never built an SV Transporter style Vehicle.

But at the time i feel like i Need one… you come along and say.. too large...
    Keep in mind that…

You keep in mind that NO SV will suffice!
    Not one, of all the Workshop.

But of Course i'm over-extragravating, since i now (wanted to build) build what like 1000's built before, just with the current mechanic.
    Because NOW a ship like this is required, unlike before..
    But since it is now 'required', it is me who wants too much..

I'm outta here.

EDIT:
    Oh, and i've just been refering to T2 Miners with the screenshoted Vehicle.. not T3...
    For T3 it Needs to be double in sized!!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I don't think the majority of the playerbase typically hauls 100,000+ ingots worth of ore in a SV. I've never had to move that much ore (or equivalent components) in my hundreds of hours of survival play. Nobody is required to have a hauling SV like that, but for those who do want one, options are available. :)

Wellingtoon and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

So, you're saying the majority of Players goes to a single T2 miner, gets that ore, drives back to the CV, unloads the SV, jumps into the SV, goes back to planet, to the next miner, gets that Content, goes back to the cv... and so forth?

I doubt that!

True, one doesnt have all ores on a planet, but this is just as crazy as my apporach..
    Just alot more hazzle/Trouble/work.

10. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

A 100'000+'s ?!?!

12x7 = 94 stacks of ores.. (if it was T3, but i referd to T2 Miners for that SV you seen of mine!!)
    Just saying.

11. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Oh yes and.. because nobody needs soo much Cargo on an SV.. and never did… thats why such builds exists, Right?
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1357436877

And we all know… 2-4 large boxes (equivalent of 1 CC+7CE's) is well enough to store a 7 stacks of ore. (sarcasm/irony)

EDIT:
    Oh and btw... this SV is larger and holds less storage than my Image would have… (volume)
    But of course, it's too large... (what I build).

Oh and do you Play online?
    I highly recomend it, then you'll see dozens of ppl having dozens of HV/s full of Cargo boxes, while each SV/Hv is labeld like a single item... such as: Iron, Sathium… There's like 60 Cargo boxes 'large' for a single HV, just to store it.. (and that is with DISABLED volume! - with ENABLED they'll Need even more Cargo space)

But of Course, aiming for the max volume for each ore on a SV is too much, as 'nobody' uses it.

You guys CALLED for volume, now ACCEPT the consequences of the larger builds required.
    I'm fed up to have my builds called 'too large' while 'you guys' ask for mechanics that demand larger builds.

I never wanted volume, because i knew it will require larger builds, which eleon tries to reduce.
    See the issue there?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning and Jenniphurr like this.
  13. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Who is saying your builds are too large? You keep referring to that in multiple posts, but i have never seen such a comment.. granted i have an issue with my memory, so if there is multiple comments about, im sorry.

I might have a minor "seniormoment" here but it seems you either argue feirsly with yourself, or someone in another thread.

Tyrax Lightning and Sephrajin like this.
  14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Edit: I try with Mass/Volume activated;)

15. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I never said your SV was too large; in point of fact, it's rather too small for your intended usage. I only brought up CVs because it seemed like you were upset with having to build such a large SV.

In any case, one of the points of having mass and volume for cargo was to encourage the design of cargo ships, and require their size to be proportional to how much stuff they were hauling. Big loads require big ships. And big construction jobs require more thought as to how to get all those resources processed and brought to the construction site.

16. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Checking the forum and waiting for 9.3, too many issues with 9.2.

17. The Tactician[ Λ ]

well its based after this even the ship layout/weapons is similar
    http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/ESF-SC01_Baikal-class

um to be fair here every server owners besides HWS is NOT using the weight system since its a server setting, so for you who build for weight, its pointless.

18. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

19. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

I never was one of them!

But before it was an option to build that way, now it's a 'must'.
    Only because it 'makes sense now' to build that way, doesnt make before any worse., nor the current any better.

Ok, this one was/is supporting my build size - didnt expect that since we usualy stand on the other side of a discussion.
    Well, within my Scenario one actualy CAN go with a cargo hauler SV to all resources, without the need of a CV for jumps.
    This said, of course such a SV must be 'hughe', thats why I had built the Vertigo Explorer/s X and XX as 'everyday vessels' (SV classes 4+3).

You misundestand me...
    I accept, even welcome that SVs cant hold as much as a CV.
    But that is not the Point of my saying.

The Point is, that a T3 miner outputs more ore's than those 32k limited CC/CE's of an SV can/could hold (7 stacks).
    Mind you, we're still talking about 1+39 blocks here!!!

……. forgot to post the above …..

@Ann|e Noa|m I - as it seems now, and they clarified, I have misunderstood them.
    This is/are/were the specific reference/s.
    Other parts were 'general' reference, to several posts across the forums.

@The Tactician[ Λ ] :: I build for me.
    I tend to attempt to build within certain (community and/or self-set) rules (depends usualy by class size).
    Exception Example: My -=Sephrajin Carrier=-RED, which is probably the only CV with solar panels, several ATM's, Furnaces and over 500 weapons, but it's the only one (exception of mine - and thus I broke 'every rule there is' because it suits that carrier)!
    Alternate Exception: ERA-C Avaliero, where i've limited myself to 7500 CPU, with the aim/desire for a reasonable sized (15) expedition carrier.

I also want to appologize if any of my previous posts were too harsh.
    It's just that this volume (not mass (which i understand as weight)) bothers me too much.
    But I also felt the urge to express my impression in the hope to keep EGS a game I like and love.

To give you an idea of my Preference:
    I like the initial Survival Flair, with the later freedom of Alpha 7.
    I like a flair of realism (Immersion) without beeing too realistic (tedious & annoying grinding (=! farming ; farming (ores,wood,stone,etc) is ok))

This said, I'd like to be able to build within rules, and having a ship that I can use on a Server with disabled weapon-counts/cpu/volume/ just as fine as on a Server with enabled weapon-counts/cpu/volume.
    I'd say class-size as well, but since I conisider (for myself) a CV up to class ~10'ish an extended starter ship, or 'early cv', because a few dozens hour after reaching level 25, i'm having too much stuff to stuff into any ship of class >10 (Exception: ERA-C Avaliero, due to the 7500 CPU Limit : where my Frustration started i guess :p)

Have a nice evening everyone.

20. The Tactician[ Λ ]

took the alpha 9 Baikal out for a spin at a zirax patrol ship, and 1v1ed it, i had to say it was not kicking its ass more like both ships where equally doing damage to another, then drones it spawned died way to fast but in the end got this nice screenshot from the fight
    [​IMG]