What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Building large structures is good fun most of the times.. but sometimes when the ideas run dry and you stand there with 10 large rooms to "fill up" it's not that fun at all suddenly :D
    Please continue building it... we need more big stuff to play around with..

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

ok. I give up.;)

Ann|e Noa|m and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You know what? A thread for "failed creations" to turn them into wrecks would actually be pretty fun I think. :D I've been looking for wrecks (CVs, planet bases, and space stations) for my scenario. :D

4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Feel free to grab anything from my workshop to wreck, I do not mind.

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Started building another CV. I still haven't finished my last one yet. lol
    Screenshot (411).png

Screenshot (422).png

Screenshot (424).png

6. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

I have actually started working on what is really my first CV , its based on one of my favorite ships In a table top RPG... The hunter class destroyer Sadly I only have a picture of it but one angle but I do have the Physical dimensions, Though there both in English and metric and since I looked at the wrong number so its nearly twice as long as it should be.... thing goodness I have not done any thing more then rough out her demotions...…. any way by the states in the book she should be 21.3 m tall beam of 24.4m and 91.4 meters long.....

https://browse.startpage.com/do/sho...ee8f394afad31f02ee96c62af61&rl=NONE&t=default

Wish me luck I hope to update you later with a show of my progress... sadly that's the only angle of her I have

7. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Same as Robot Shark for me.. if you find anything usefull in my workshop, take it..smash it up and have your way with it ;)
    not that i have that much there anyway..think it's only 2 Pages and that is icnluding 2 versions of most of them (A8 and A9)

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Did some experimentation today and worked on my dead planets some more. Converted one of my old CV builds into a capturable Polaris salvage CV, with 2 retractable HV multi-turrets so it can be used on planets, making it a very unique ship to capture and use or rebuild into something new. Not sure if I want to keep it on this planet or add it to a different one.

20190119030653_1.jpg

It's quite well defended, with about half a dozen Polaris defense towers, as well as a bunch of random ruins owned by Polaris. I'm strongly considering putting this ship on a different planet and adding some unique ruins/wrecks for the player to fight Polaris over. It gives players a choice in terms of reputation: do you stay friendly with the Polaris, or do you turn hostile to them to capture this ship?

20190119030623_1.jpg

Space radar complex. The radar dish has a hidden room with some deco for extra loot for those who explore around a bit. The large antenna array in the background is a source of copper, cobalt, and silicon for anyone willing to take the time to salvage it. My scenario has smaller than normal ore deposits and fewer deposit types per planet so salvaging can be more worthwhile.
    20190119032822_1.jpg

Space command complex. The primary building was taken off the workshop and converted into a ruined building. Contains a few LCDs with a bit of storyline.
    20190119033242_1.jpg

Unknown signals can lead to good salvage:
    20190119033441_1.jpg

20190119033512_1.jpg

Next I'm going to add some ruined civilian buildings and an underground survival bunker dungeon. The bunker won't have any hostile enemies, but will contain some more storyline LCDs to give a bit of a backstory to the planet, but keeping it general and unspecific.
    Then I'm going to create the different variations of the planet, with slightly different POI layout, textures, sky color, etc. Maybe one would have a crashed Zirax ship, while another would have a crashed space station, one might have more volcanic activity, etc.

I will take you both up on that offer to shoot holes in your creations. :D Thank you!

9. T431

T431 Captain

10. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

A word of warning with the Condor, it has a double hull.

11. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

I'm looking so forward to see your complete scenario.. The planets and POI's looks so amazing already.
    It will be like Empyrion, but with actual content that is not the same POI's over and over again :p I cant even be bothered with exploring new planets after the 2 first on vanilla maps (i know/hope this will change before the game goes live.. i'm just ranting about content since i love this game).
    With all your creations there is a damn good reason to explore, and i love exploring... finding ruins and wonder who lived there and what happened.. (i guess i have watched to much Stargate-series growing up).

Keep up your awesome work!!!

12. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

for your dead planet you should have something worth while to go there like good loot in your pois, gold deposits etc

Tyrax Lightning and ravien_ff like this.
  13. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

back from my surgery now off to build, think ill start with a CV, small in nature, but good vs POIs

hull reference
    [​IMG]

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

My plan was to put in some wrecked SV/CV/BA that are unique (SVs with drills, grav gens, CVs with HV turrets, BA with lots of solar panels, etc) but sadly you can't bury actual CVs/SVs on a planet's surface (they bug out and get teleported to the surface and then drop down when the player approaches).

Though I still might be able to make that idea work with some testing and compromise. The idea of dead planets is that they offer resources in the way of salvage so they're an alternative to mining, for players who prefer salvaging over mining, with a small chance at a unique wreck they could rebuild.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all :)

I didn't play Empyrion today, however, when I got home this evening I did watch this Video from @spanj.

The reason I'm mentioning this, and I'm aware I've not posted in this thread for ages, is because it demonstrates an in-game Scenario where base attacks by the Zirax are brutal. This is exactly what I've been wanting for ages. I hope it's ok to pimp a Youtube video here, you really should check it out.

Note: some of you might recall, once upon a time, that "Scoob difficulty level" was a thing for a while, where I'd tweak the game to make the experience as tough as possible from a Drone / Zirax perspective. It looks like the ability to do this is going to allow for exponentially tougher encounters in the future.

Seeing Drones effectively attack a base with Troop Transports landing Zirax that actually enter your base, blowing through doors to take out the Core and place their own, taking over your base is bloody epic! This is just a test scenario, but it suggests great things are in Empyrion's future if this test is fully implemented.

Check it out!

Scoob.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That. Is. AWESOME.

I really hope that makes it into the game as a base attack type!

Sephrajin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Oh dear lords of Eleon.. yes yes YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!

18. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Heeeeeeyyyyy you used the broken down drilling platform!

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Funny thing was I forgot where the core was :D That one is going to drive people crazy to find haha

20. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

as I said I would send updates on my hunter class.... no t much to see but she is starting to take shame fingered out two of her weapons emplacements and some of her equipment has been fitted. still have a long way to go.... Is 90 meters to long for a destroyer in EGS? her mats coast seem a bet on the high side to be but ehh
    20190119211813_1.jpg 20190119211833_1.jpg 20190119211850_1.jpg