What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Shadanwolf

Shadanwolf Ensign

Tried and failed to fix my SV. My repair tool apparently cannot reach deep enough inside the craft to repair it. My plan....shoot the craft to pieces to recover the hard earned materials. Will get blueprint of a new SV and CV and .( My SV was attacked and damaged by drones. I have repaired all I could find damaged. )

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Simply beautiful! Your attention to detail is impressive. I like that you even link/line-up the textures on the quarter-tube blocks that you see over the entrance.

You should blow some selective holes, then maybe add some truss blocks, switch some paint/textures for a "rusted burnt out" look, and then add it to the thread:

http://empyriononline.com/threads/special-wreckage-artefacts-ruins.7383/page-3

Call it.... "abandoned frontier outpost"

3. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Truth be told, I had already used my sniper rifle on some of the turrets. I had jumped over the ledge thinking, "Bah! I can take that last one while a little bit further over the ledge. There is no way it could fire at me!" I am still not quite sure why I did that... I should know better. I am normally the person that carefully dissects the base from a distance with my pistol "tunneling" into the structure and killing the enemy core so that I can loot a mostly whole base. And even then, that is after my dazzling, pirouetting, and bold aerial small vessel maneuvers kill the turrets. Maybe a momentary chemical balance in my brain? Maybe the pon-far? Who knows.

4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

This game has multiplayer.. Just join a server .... This game not being a MMO is the reason why most creative people play it. Games like Dual Universe that do the whole MMO thing keeps a lot of creative people away because it forces you in to the MMO world while Empyrion gives you the option to play SIngle player or multiplayer. Plus not everyone plays the same way and MMOs doesn't always allow for different types of playing styles. I like the option to play with people and to play by myself. But if you want to play with people then there are plenty of servers you can join. Some of those servers have a lot of cool stuff on them. You have servers with custom planets, and there is one player that I heard is building a city on one of the servers. In my opinion Empyrion is the perfect mix for a game like this.

5. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Decided to make a Mk2 version of the recently-created Sparrow. Still intended to be a lightweight, quick early option SV, it is heavier but also much, much quicker, and sports 2 Miniguns standard to lower base production cost and level (can be swapped out with other guns, of course).

After that, I decided to do a little photo shoot with the ships I've recently created Mk2 versions of. Turns out I've done it to three Mk2 versions within the past week or two. Well, one of them took on a different name since I didn't like the old one, but it was still built to the same principle: simply adding on/modifying the base model until I have something better, without removing or changing much of the original model.

In each photo, the original will be on the left, and the new version on the right.

SlamTek Sparrow, Mk1 (left) and Mk2 (right)
    [​IMG]

SlamTek Bullet-Ant (left) and Kowari (right)
    [​IMG]

SlamTek Serpent Mk1 (left) and Mk2 (right) (Admittedly this one isn't as big of a change as the other two)
    [​IMG]

6. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

If you would like some tips on drone hunting, two approaches I have found invaluable are: since they cannot fire below a certain arc, and above a certain arc, always fly directly above them when in a Small vessel, and then if you are on foot, RESIST the urge to hide in a ravine or behind something and run STRAIGHT at them. :mad: Once underneath, they should pose little challenge..... unless you run out of bullets. :eek:

7. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Captain

Nice idea.

In the future I'd also like to see a way to import damaged blocks as setpieces and such, just for some added POI flavor.

Many thanks. The truck is actually an old HV that I made but converted to an SV. I'll see about giving it a bit of a touchup and then publishing it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I'm still working on my warship CV and I was thinking what does every good War ship need??? Some type of large epic conference room where the Captain can make his or her speech to the crew before you go into war. My Conference room on my warship
    Screenshot (14).png Screenshot (16).png Screenshot (18).png Screenshot (20).png

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

You succumbed to what I know & get taken over by a lot... Bloodlust. :p

Actually, if ya have something like a big rock handy, keeping it between you or them until they get pretty close THEN running straight at them all of a sudden can make the 'run straight at them' strategy more effective. Less shot opportunities for them that way. ;)

Suggestion: Trade out those Chairs for Beds so people can sleep through those Conferences in greater effectiveness & comfort. :p

banksman45 likes this.
  10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

LOL well that might not be a bad idea. When the crew falls asleep on your War Speech that is when it's time to look for the nearest escape pod. lol I've fallen asleep during plenty of Conferences that's why I always sit in the back. lol

11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I've been working on my most recent project. It's a modified XS model Corellian Freighter. The exterior is largely done. I'm just trying to puzzle out what I want to do with the thrusters. Once I have that figured out I can build out the interior. Going to be a lot of trial and error since this is my first CV build.

Edit: 17,000+ blocks. I have thrusters working but it uses a lot of fuel. Then again that's in atmo. Maybe it will use less in space?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

NICEEEEEE!! You must have put a lot of time into this . It looks really good.

13. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Not as much time as you'd think. Credit where credit is due I scaled up an SV built by twitch.tv/bf_tv on Steam and then modified it. His design is absolutely brilliant. The inside was a hot mess though and needs a lot of work. I might gut it and do a rebuild of it at some point.

I may go back and rebuild this into a YT 1300 model(Millennium Falcon) if enough people ask for it. There were a couple other Corellian Freighter designs I thought were pretty neat too. The YT 1930 was interesting and I was kind of wanting to do one that uses the back end of a YT 1760, front end of the YT 1300, and the cock pit of a YG 4210. I was also toying with the idea of taking a YT 1300 and giving it the engines and bridge design of the Corellian Corvette.

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Asteriah

Asteriah Lieutenant

NICE YT 1300 A !
    Of the 3 cockpit designs you oped for the standard center instead of the port (b) or starboard c) options.

15. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I got to test my Experimental Dogfighting CV & Taxi vs Slam & my Dogfighting CV did nice... but will still need more testing as Slam's Dogfighting CV was caught fiercely out of date in design & I look forward to testing its Updated Version.

My Taxi challenged his SlamTek SV Hornet Mk4 R, & we fought to a draw. We tallied damage & determined that I took a LOT more beating then his Hornet so we both agree that he came out ahead. Coulda been worse for my bulky Violent Support with not really Military Grade Maneuverability. Slam also took some rides in the Taxi & found it a comfy non-barf inducing ride. :)

Still need to test my Hover War Tank & Grey Dragon. I also still sorely wish for CV Armored & Slant Versions of the Xtra Large Thrusters.

16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well finished my conference room on the warship cv. Now back to building the rest of the ship. lol My ship is only 188 m in L and 58m Height but it feels like I'm building the interior of a 400m ship. lol Empyrion gets A plus for scaling in this game. A 188m ship feels like a 188m ship unlike other games I won't mention. lol Screenshot (26).png Screenshot (24).png

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  17. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Anyone up for a Tower Defense game?!?.... :D

[​IMG]

18. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hopped on the RvB test server with Tyrax. Turns out he had Admin Powers and I didn't, which is the opposite of how it is on the regular server. So he got to see what it's like having to supply and spawn stuff, move people/ships around, track down players to pick them up or give them stuff, etc etc. Not so easy is it :p

Anyway then we duelled with the closest I had to a dogfighting CV (which turned out to be a very old, not updated design still using the original Steel Blocks) versus... I forget what his ship was called but either way, my poor ship was reduced to dust quite quickly. Shows why updating to new blocks is important!

Then we did an SV duel, my Hornet Mk4 vs his "Violent Taxi" as he calls it, which lasted until I was too tired to want to continue. Due to the number of thrusters and RCS, I was able to keep him in my frame of view about 90% of the time, and looking at the flank or bottom of his ship maybe 60% of the time. Even still, hitting a SV consistently while flying like this isn't so easy... but I still managed to land a fair number of shots onto the nose of his ship, while only taking a few hits myself.

From the looks of the damage dealt, my Hornet was in the lead and eventually would have destroyed his cockpit it I didn't need sleep so badly. The Hornet, btw, was updated recently, which is why it stood a chance.

Moral of the story: always update your ships before you do PvP :p

19. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Kaeser, your tower is impressive - got a chance to load it in creative, and it is well thought-out.

I am ALWAYS up for tower defense. Some of my favorite games are TD - many found on armor games or the playstore/app store. On steam you can find one the gemcraft games:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/296490/

and one of the kingdom rush games:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246420/

In addition I enjoy puzzle games, and I think that empyrion could lend itself to some good puzzle challenges - my labyrinth is a good example, but I suspect this game could lend itself to do more. I just do not have enough time to tinker.

Also, anyone who names their SV "violent taxi" is sure to be a hilarious pvp partner. Does it have an angry, glaring, face painted on the front? :D:p;)

20. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hehehe that woulda been awesome if it did :p But nah I think the name is more in relation to its combination of combat and transportation abilities. I know it has at least 2 Closed Passenger Compartment things, maybe more, plus I think it has less than his usual number of guns. But I'm sure he can answer better than I whenever he logs on :)