What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Asteriah

Asteriah Lieutenant

Havnt been in game for a while, lost interest.
    Am waiting for watch dogs 2 to come out and am just watching youtube vids.
    RIP EGS

2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I got a tad more done on the 3rd SV Build attempt... but largely I ended up chatting with Slam. :p

Slam Jones likes this.
  3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Filled in the majority of the bitmap for the Ogre-class cruiser. So far I've planned out every room and wall except for one area on the top deck at the very front which I just can't decide what to do with.

I also started a new Creative game called 'SV Agility Course.' Three guesses to what it is :p

But basically I've built two sized rings (one as a CV, one as a BA) to act as checkpoints and point players the right direction for the next checkpoint and spawned in about 15 of them to make a race course which dips and swerves through asteroids, and proves to be quite a challenge unless you have a truly agile SV. I think I'll try to make a few more tracks and upload the map for other people to try it out :)

4. Tyrax Lightning

Suggestion for that last area: A Backup Cockpit for Backup Flight Power in case of Destruction of the Primary Cockpit. ;)

Also sadly i'll never have what it takes to be any good a Racer. My Skill & Fast Thinking Speed are way too weak. Dragons weren't built to fly like Barn Swallows. :(

Slam Jones likes this.
  5. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Heh you mean a third cockpit? ;) Or a third turret control station? Or both? As it is I've already got two of both of those rooms, all on separate floors, different parts of the ship, etc. But more options is always nice.

I was thinking Officer/Captain private hangar area, but idk one of those other ideas might work too.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Tyrax Lightning

Does your Ship have a War Room yet? (I assume this CV is qualified to act as a Command Ship, thus could serve as a place to hold War Councils?)

Slam Jones likes this.
  7. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hmm not named as such, but I think I've got at least 2 Assembly Halls. Plus as many, if not more, Mess Halls (I think one on each major floor?). And yes, absolutely can be used as a command ship now that I think about it. May be a while til I have a bigger ship than it anyway :p

At least it's big enough to conceivably get lost in, or completely forget what rooms are where, or that certain entire sections of the ship even exist xD I think that qualifies for command ship at that point :p Oh plus it's got offices for higher-ranking crew and officers.

I hid two of my Engineering rooms so well I forgot that they existed lol

Anyway I made a list of the rooms, but it's on my home PC. Regardless, I'll have to check, maybe I actually don't have something along those lines. I'm sure there's a few other ideas I haven't even considered yet...

8. Tyrax Lightning

Hmm... the last major features kinda thing I can think of then is a huge fancy schmancy Medical + Science Lab. If ya don't need one of those or already got that covered as well, then I guess last resort: you can't have too many Ammo Boxes or Fuel Tanks. :p

Slam Jones likes this.
  9. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hehe you'd be astounded if you saw the full list of rooms... I don't have a Science Lab (awesome idea actually!) but I do have 4 or 5 Medical Labs, 4 extra Ammo Caches (very heavily armored... usually 3 -5 additional layers of Combat Steel on top of the 3+ already there), and 4 or 5 "Life Support" rooms (heavily armored, contains O2 Tanks, at least 1 Generator, and Fuel Tanks).

Science lab though... I think that might be the winner :p For at least half of it, or so. Could do a lot of cool deco and texturing with that in mind. :)

Update: Went with the science lab to fill the starboard side of the hallway and a few offices for the port side of the hallway.

Here is the total list of rooms (and in some cases, the stuff in them), behind this spoiler:

Ogre Room Listing

Quarters: 211
    T1: 124
    T2: 70
    T3: 16
    T4: 1

Offices: 64
    T1: 44
    T2: 20
    T3: 0

Manufacturing Rooms: 5
    Contructors: 52

Warp Room: 1

First Aid Rooms: 5
    MedBay: 51
    O2 Bay: 12
    Clone: 24

Ammo Stores: 4
    Ammo Boxes: 51

Bulk Storage Rooms: 3

Life Support Rooms: 4
    Emergency Gens: 4
    T2 Emerg. Gens: 2
    Large O2 Tanks: 51

Emergency Power Supply Rooms: 3
    Auxiliary T2 Fuel Tanks: 68

Battle Stations: 4

Mess Halls: 5

Assembly Halls: 2

Ship Library: 1

Movie Theatre: 1

Science Center: 1

So yeah. Lots of rooms to build lol

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  10. Tyrax Lightning

A Video Game Room could be cool too, so your Crew can play cool games like Empyrion: Galactic Survival while they're off duty. :p

Alas, Video Game PCs haven't been Implemented yet, so guess aside from that, that looks like a full compliment of Features to me. :)

Maybe someday in the future our CVs can have In-Ship Swimming Pools! :D

Slam Jones likes this.
  11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Made a SV today, mostly playing around with block shapes, do not know if it's worthy of posting.
    Did not get any feedback on my CV "Spotlights", guess that was a failed experiment.

12. Tyrax Lightning

Sadly Spotlights are pointless on a CV cause the Spotlight Light Travel Distance is too small to be of any use on a CV Size Scale.

13. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

And I'm back for more. Hardly playing survival, just building. I extended my warp ship out to the length I think it's supposed to be... And think it's gonna look pretty sweet.

NASA_2016-09-10_21-28-44.png

But I got hung up on it at this point, asking myself what kind of auxiliary craft this thing might have. Since its supposed to be an early generation warp ship, I started thinking reentry capsule / rocket style SV.

So here's an attempt....

NewGame_2016-09-10_21-25-17.png

Unfinished, but a functional concept. Flies very differently than your typical Empyrion SV since most of the thrust is directed up (4x normal thrusters pointed down). I didn't want to build it in any other orientation though, because autolevel is handy for relatively tall narrow things especially.

I dunno about this, though. I landed it and realized I want going to be able to reach the cockpit without creative mode's infinite jetpack. So I fleshed out the interior.... unfortunately now it's so cramped it would suck to move around in orbit. What to do....

14. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Finished up my CV today and put it up on the workshop.

I've been working on a Millenium Falcon SV. It's lower to the ground than the CV was so I can't use the same solution for the entry ramp and nothing is working out. I wish the game had entry ramps like the Falcon's that lower down to open and pivot back up to close becoming part of the hull. Elevator blocks for SVs would work too.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  15. Tyrax Lightning

SV Attempt #3 didn't work out either & i'm on SV Attempt #4 now... :(

Slam Jones likes this.
  16. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

Idea behind this design is to combine solidity of a concrete bunker that gonna stand for centuries, with futuristic look.

But that's not all. this space home has also a direct connections with nearby island on a lake. On that island will be built full scale capital ships. Why there? Because of the ground clearance that surrounding lake provides. Just think about it, all you have to do, is to build flat landing pad and you have the perfect spot - there is no way to hit anything when approaching because is nothing there, just the flat water! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Additional bonus will be the view from the balcony. Imagine that, you wake up, make a cup of a morning coffee, go on the balcony to breathe the morning breeze and you can admire capital size ship under constructions! Can any view match this? :)

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

[Stretches fingers in preparation for typing another Essay-length piece]

Today in Empyrion I...hang on, wait a minute - I DIDN'T GET CHANCE TO PLAY! *gasp*

;)

Scoob.

18. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Found a very amazing seed(amongst several I have discovered and reveled in.) 396513 on Omicron:

Survival_71_2016-10-01_19-25-58.png

And you see correctly, that is a Xenu_powerstation. :) For full enjoyment play with these difficulty settings:

Escape pod content: Normal
    Player progression: Slow
    Amount of ore per deposit: Rich
    Number of deposits: Plenty
    Overall drone presence: High
    Drone Base attack: Hard
    Rate of NPC spawn: High
    Enemy difficulty: Hard
    Constructor craft speed: Normal
    Blueprint production speed: Fast

Then try to take them both on foot, before the end of the first night. Proof of the feat is to be a screen shot of the powerstation with all the Red paint switched to Dark Green.

And if people enjoy this minigame I have several other really nice seeds that can be converted into nice "assault a base on foot" early game challenges.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  19. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I think I will also post this mini game as its own thread in the general discussions tab. Could be fun.

20. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

That is an absolutely beautiful base! I love all the detailing and the slanted half-blocks in the interior. Your choice of lite-blue lighting around the edging is juuuuust right. The gardens/green house is nicely placed and has excellent spacing. That is a very interesting glass tunnel, what was the inspiration for it? Also the coloring - dark brown vs grey, are you planning on keeping that, or will you eventually shift to something else at some point? And no constructor/generator/fuel tank picture? Gotta see where I can make my stuff! :);):D:p:eek::cool: