What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I just noticed that the Statistics page of the Control Panel does not recognize Container Controllers. More to the point, it doesn't recognize Ammo Controllers and associated extensions as "Ammo Boxes". maybe they are ALL lumped together as cargo boxes, I didn't count them. In any case , it would seem to me that an adjustment is in order. Harvester boxes were never differentiated from cargo boxes in Statistics. perhaps they should be as well.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I believe that @Hummel-o-War stated that it is a know issue that the CC are not accounted for in the Statistic and is planned to be implemented.

3. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

4. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

What a balancing act!
    Awesome, totaly worth the entry! :D

5. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

That pic actually doesnt do it justice :D
    The vast majority of the weight is over the landing gear so its actually a lot easier than it looks!

6. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Opposite side of the valley:

upload_2019-4-11_22-4-34.png

And the warmth of base camp:
    upload_2019-4-11_22-6-30.png

7. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Glad to see I'm not the only one who does that campfire thing.

@dpburke2, thanks for the work and info!

--Brian

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This planet is looking prettier and prettier.

Rainforest:
    20190411175703_1.jpg

Rare flowers biome:
    20190411180433_1.jpg

View of a swamp at sunset:
    20190411183734_1.jpg

9. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Here's my data from the CV Testing.

After I finished, I realized that I had made an error and the devices on the two different rigs were not a perfect match. One set had ramps and landing gear. An oversight on my part, however, I was not going to go back and rerun the tests. I figure that for the most part the difference should wash out and I could still establish a good idea for the pattern of how power is affected by the environment.

The atmospheric data with tests in space included.

CV Testing Atmo.jpg

Like the HV, I also ran a 2.0 g versus 5.0 g test.

CV Testing Gravity.jpg

And like HV, the power numbers aligned despite the 3.0 g difference in gravity, so I didn't bother with more testing.

However, the power usage of the CV didn't have the exact same results as the HV. Where the HV thrusters that were idle did not draw power, it started to look like the idle CV thrusters did draw power even when the HV was being pushed in the opposite direction. For each of those rigs had identical numbers of thrusters on each end of the single axis. This allowed me to get the same results whether coming or going. So now it was time to find out how much power the thrusters used while idle.

CV Testing Idle.jpg

Now the other devices I could add up for the two different rigs.

[Group 1] 20 PU = (2 * 2 PU Cockpits) + (2 * 1 PU Ramps) + 5 PU Core + (5 * 1 PU Fuel Tanks) + (4 * 1 PU Landing Gear)

[Group 2] 14 PU = (2 * 2 PU Cockpits) + 5 PU Core + (5 * 1 PU Fuel Tanks)

On the HV test rigs, 6 PU could have been a significant difference, but the CV rigs were often rounded to the nearest tenth kPU on the low end. So would this make a significant difference in the readings we see from the tests. So, I ran some calculations. If you consider how the idle power compares to the stated PU for the devices, it begins to make sense that the HV thrusters don't even register when idle.

CV Calc Idle.jpg

As for my mistake in copying the devices between rigs, it looks like the XL rigs are the only ones that would have made any difference, and very few of the results for the XL rigs were even rounded to the nearest tenth, usually to the nearest whole kPU.

10. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Did a bit more base-building. Got my garden growing, and fridge running, and cut off the top half of a Zirax Com Station.

I wouldn’t bother the melon heads if they didn’t shoot at me first.

11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today I found the Orbital-Stapler while browsing the workshop.

I must say, it's a simple and nifty concept. I wish I had thought of it.

[​IMG]

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I think I'm done with the jungle planet, at least as much as you can be. :D Open the spoiler to see more pictures.

20190412203619_1.jpg

There are a few rare biomes to discover:

20190412203747_1.jpg

Treasure can be found in the jungle, hidden from your detector but it shows up on the HUD when you get close. These contain things like gold coins, diamonds, or ancient relics that can sell for a lot at certain traders.

20190412203939_1.jpg

Various ruins are hidden in the jungle, unable to be picked up on your detector:

20190412204735_1.jpg

There's Talon Beekeepers you can buy natural sweetener from, and a Talon Brewery you can sell it to. The Brewery also sells a lot of various liquor that you can turn around and sell at the Zirax Karana trade station on the planet:

20190412204649_1.jpg

I'm making heavy use of @Ramachandra 's absolutely amazing builds on this planet:

20190412204600_1.jpg

There is a unique type of iron ore deposit that spawns in the mountains. Mining it out would take awhile but is certainly possible, or you can put down an autominer to mine it up over time. How you approach it is up to you, but the deposits are very large and hopefully worth it:

20190412205218_1.jpg

There are a variety of forests and jungles here, like this rain forest:

20190412203838_1.jpg

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Spent some time converting the awesome Refinery on the workshop into a Polaris POI. It will buy large quantities of ore and sell large quantities of ingots, but not at the best prices. This is the first of several bulk traders I'll be adding to give traders the ability to progress through the game by befriending the various factions.

20190413034328_1.jpg

14. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

This SV illustrates a good example of what a "mining pod" with drill modules could be. Similarly, it could be fitted with a multi-turret to carry out repairs on a CV or station.

At some point, drills and multi-tools MUST be fiited to SVs.

BTW, it looks great!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  15. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

And THAT is at clear skies!;) Wait when it is getting foggy...yeah, of course GREEN Fog!:D It scared the **** out of me! with all those animal sounds around!

17. SGP Corp

SGP Corp Captain

Been working on a BA Space Station/(Future) Shipyard. Was attempting to install a planter block but discovered there seems to be a distinct concept of up and down even in space (with BA at least) so I am unable to place the planter block with the rotation I need to match the "floor" (as defined by the gravity generator) because the game doesn't recognize the block as upright for purposes of placing a plant in it. Considering how far along with construction I am already, it would be frustrating to have to redo the whole station in order to align it along the proper axis. Etane Station.png

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've been roaming the planets in my Single Player Survival game mining materials for a CV I want to spawn in so I can continue working on it from a prior game. However, like my last start when I attempted this, my Solar System is lacking on certain ores. Last game, my universe had ZERO Sathium deposits or Asteroids so I aborted it and restarted. This time, I have loads of Sathium - my temporary CV's cargo holds are full - but I've found no Zascosium and even the planets that have Erestrum have, at most two small deposits, no where near enoough.

It is a common thing for the game to have such material variance these days? I'd never really encountered this before my prior game.

I might be forced to use the "Map" command to see if I can find the Erestrum that's apparently present in orbit on my current world, but I don't think I can do anything about the total lack of Zascosium on planet or in orbit.

Scoob.

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Anakin(@Scoob ): " I shouldn't do it!"
    Dark voice in the back of his Head: "Do it!" (Map-command related) :D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

In the default single player, all ores are present unless there was a bug.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.