What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hmm, that's begging for a custom Omicron playfield.yaml to ensure drop ship support for those two POI's...and a few extra defending drones with additional reinforcements maybe... ;)

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

We started testing 3.5 to 4.0 today !

Man some nice big changes yall going to luv luv luv.

Word of mouth sells games on Steam, so tell all your mates to get a copy of this game before the price rises........

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Is this some closed testing you're involved with? I guess not for the commoners like myself? :)

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

I'm glad you like it. I wasn't showing the basement because it's not much to show. When you enter the building from the island tunnel, on one side you can replenish your oxygen, on the other is an entrance to the production hall, but that is a simple "industrial style" room.

In terms of interior I'm not sure of anything, I couldn't be an interior decorator even if my life will depend on it. One thing that I am happy about, is the ability to see the day light from all 4 sites, even though living room don't have the external eastern site wall. There are windows inside the building that lead the light further inside.

[​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  5. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Nice. I just did it with a few minutes till day light, but it would have been so much more intense with more drones and dropships. Whew!

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That really does look nice Cotoktoto, I did something similar in my last SP game overlooking my base. I'd finally returned home, to my original base on Omicron after my tour of the solar system, and sorta wanted to commemorate where it all started for me. I then added a huge viewing tower with a glass elevator, was quite proud of that build, but then got distracted by something shiny in the then new game version I needed a new start for lol.

One thing I tend to do, which stops me importing most of my creations into a new game as Blueprints, is do a lot of building underground. I do like building separate structures all linked underground, along with large CV landing areas :)

Scoob.

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Those two POI's being so close together can lead to some interestingly times. When I did my custom Akua start, I ensured all the Titan wreck parts were heavily defended with three drones (the max unfortunately) plenty of reinforcements (which did peter out after a while) as well as Dropship response, which they don't usually have.

By luck, the seed I chose for Akua had two of the Titan parts in very close proximity - similar to the two POI's in your seed. As I like to secure the Titan wrecks fairly early if I am able, and these two were fairly close to my starting position IIRC, I did just that. However, approaching one meant I was too close to the other, so the Drones noticed me. Shooting the drones from the Titan part I'd selected to secure first, triggered a dropship, and shooting the ones from the nearby Titan part that noticed me, triggered a second dropship. As "luck" would have it, both dropship actually dropped troops! That was easily the most frantic start I'd had - at least while knowing what I'm doing lol.

I know what to tweak to make that particular seed even tougher next time.... :)

Scoob.

8. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Been working some more on cleaning up this Millenium Falcon SV(someone else's design). The exterior is absolutely brilliant so I figured there's no need to reinvent the wheel there. The interior....not so much. It's a bit of mess. I upgraded the blocks to hardened steel and replaced all the windows with armored ones. I'm going back and redoing the interior a bit. I'm manually downgrading the interior blocks to normal steel to save on resources/weight and fixing up a couple unfinished rooms and whatnot. While poking around I found some empty spaces to stick fuel, o2, rcs, etc. Going to have to completely redo the thrusters/power, etc. Got a bit of work ahead of me but I'll get it fixed up.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

You sound like Han Solo :)

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

If it's not a Violation of any NDA, can ya Spoiler on if CV Slant & Armored Versions of Large & Xtra Large Thrusters are making it into the next Update? (So I can know whether or not to postpone my next CV Build till that Major Update or if starting a CV sooner rather then later will NOT be a waste of time...) & if it would be a Violation of a NDA, ya can simply respond "Classified". ;)

Many thanks for your time. :)

As best as I know, piddlefoot is indeed among the Closed Testers.

He's also done some on-the-side Cameraman Work on the Red vs Blue Server before as well. :)

Underground Bases are my fav Bases. I also think Bedrock is a perfect Foundation for such Bases too. ^_^

I also haven't yet worked out how the buggers i'm ever gonna resolve how i'm ever gonna have my Base Underground yet also be able to land CVs on it as well which might make me have to switch to making Bases Foundationed on Bedrock & extending all the way up to the Surface with a Surface CV Landing Pad, which makes me unsure if such a Base even can be called an 'Underground Base'...? :confused:

11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Upgraded two of my budget builds and added full survival equipment to the HV & SV.
    Named them HV Cricket and SV Horsefly.

Made a full SV I called the Dolphin, and a budget CV I called the Cube.

It's not very creative, at all. My HPOD's are more visually interesting.
    But I think it works.

[​IMG]

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the information.

Regarding your underground bases and CV's - should we start the 200x90 metre Hangar Door petition now? ;)

What I've generally done with my bases is hide the bulk of it underground, with a tower for placement of turrets. I then expand underground further, creating a CV hangar with a double hangar door in the roof. Then expand my surface build and create a huge flat CV Landing / Construction area and go from there.

Thought: Anyone like the idea of having demolition explosives? I.e. they'd only damage terrain - at least by any significant amount anyway - but leave a fairly substantial hole in the ground - would really aid my efforts. I've tried using the regular explosive pack, but it doesn't make a substantial enough hole, I've also used rockets to dig and I've since seen the "Plasma Bore" SV someone created but that seems a bit expensive. So, a dedicated demolition explosive would fill a niche for us moles out there :)

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  13. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

There is almost an art to simplistic vessels so I am not sure I agree that this is not creative. :) In fact, just last night I acquired a simple black cube CV from the steam workshop because I wanted to see other interpretations of the theme - I tend to try and have at least some sloping or curving blocks but I know that I do not need them. For the same reason it makes little sense to have "wings," tailfins, or anything of the sort(there is no fluidic medium to have to maneuver through), cubes or related shapes have just as much to contribute to this game as other shapes.

The CV in question is this mining vessel: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772837374
    This is my interpretation of the theme: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=771160409

If you really want to blow some peoples minds(mine included) go for a-symmetry. I appreciate that there is the symmetry tool, but why confine yourself?

14. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

To become a closed tester you would have to PM Hummel and ask if there still taking new testers, they probably will.

15. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

SweetTeeth made a rocket tunneler recently, you could try it.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773188125

16. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Whats sad, Zzaron used to have 2 asymmetrical CV's he had named Pigeon.
    Looks like he removed them in favor of the symmetrical Pigeon-Warbird.

17. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today's Project, added sloping sides to the Cube, armed and armored it.
    Put the headlight experiment on it as well.

[​IMG]

dtmullican and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Tyrax Lightning

Personally I don't want Demolition Explosives, that'd waste Crushed Rock Resource & thus count as Resource Wastefulness to me, which I hate. Instead I want Mining Vehicles, which are hopefully already Incoming a ways down the Development Road. Then we can both eventually have more fun Mining, Terraforming, & Excavating for Underground Bases, & be able to dig out Underground Base Holes in a much more timely manner. :)

Also i'd say 200x100 Hangar Door Size so that when ya double them up to make a Double Door ya'd have a 200x200 Double Door. ;)

19. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

It's been a while since I last experimented with this, but some time ago I was playing around with my armored micro lancer and dug a hole using the rocket launchers, (then buried the ship).

One thing I noticed, there was crushed rock in the bottom of the pit. I only had to get out and pick it up.

20. Tyrax Lightning

Oh, I never knew about that before... though to be fair I never tested it either... still, T2 Drill is better for it imho. I can't stress enough how much I do NOT miss having to Spam a button to keep dealing with picking all that stuff up manually.

Siege Inc. likes this.