What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Iiittt.... begins....

20190623183642_1.jpg

2. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I like the old version of Encryptor better... not as much bass with this one. Or maybe not as resonant? :(

Tyrax Lightning and ravien_ff like this.
  3. zertali

zertali Captain

Finished the X-11 Cargo Transport (standard & entry level versions) and have posted them to the workshop.

Both are small cargo transport CVs that have the basic survival needs covered. The heavy weapons and drill turret has been removed from the 'entry level' version to reduce required resources and player level. Note: the two cannon turrets are retracted in the pics below. One is above the cockpit area and the other is at the rear of the vessel. The standard version also features 3 rocket launchers that are mounted in the external weapons pod (Port side).

X-11 (Standard) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1779218676
    X-11 (Entry Level) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1779210458

Still working on her chunkier cousin, the X-13. Will post that blueprint when the build is finalized.

upload_2019-6-23_16-0-59.png

upload_2019-6-23_15-55-15.png

upload_2019-6-23_15-54-59.png

upload_2019-6-23_15-57-25.png

Attached Files:

Needleship, jmtc, Supay and 13 others like this.
  4. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

The next several weeks promise to be quite busy in real life, not sure I am going to get much opportunity to play. Perhaps. Perhaps not. However, I have a nephew who has built a few HV tanks and asked me to give him combat related feedback. So I thought the best solution is demonstrate some of the issues instead of simply writing up some sort of report.

First, he's very familiar with my Thunder Naiad hover tank. Quite often it is used as a reference for size and so forth in our conversations. Now, to create my test scenario I used the "map" command to test many seeds until I found one with clusters and grouping of the Zirax that I thought would serve my purpose nicely. Then I added a custom piece of my own. My first run with my tank through the mess, I actually made it to the bonus only to find that it did not shoot at the player. Disappointing extra. Managed to fix that by learning the command and reassigned the two pieces both to the Zirax faction. Unfortunately, in the second run, my tank did not fair so well and it met its demise at the hands of the multiple defense surrounding the drone base.

Now I was asked to test the tanks, but he had a HV mech too. So I had to get in run with the mech. Well, I am a terrible mech pilot. I ended up calling the test long before the mech was in real danger because I was eating the dirt way too much.

Who let me try to pilot a mech?

At least I can do better driving a tank. Well, maybe a little better. However, I think a designer mistake resulted in a massive tank with potential except it had a single 125 SU ammo container. So I cut the run short after confirming that ammo was not pulled from the other containers.

After cutting the first two tests of my nephew's HV short for my terrible driving skills and an oversight on ammo controllers, it was nice to take out this next tank and use its broadside firepower to match and then exceed my own tank. Only problem? Well, eventually ran out of ammo.

With four runs completed and none of them making it to my bonus, I was beginning to think that I would have to make a separate run just to have that last bit of fun. Well, this last tank from my nephew actually made it through the primary run without running completely dry on ammo. As for the final fate of this broadside configuration, well....
    Let's just say the last bit was intended to chew up and spit out most HV that I drove too close. I admit that I did take a little advantage of the alien weapons on the modified Phased Stroke CV, so it had a four more atmospheric weapons than the default config. The base took advantage of a few extra sentry guns allowed for aliens, but it was actually short four turrets the base was designed for. The base was really designed for player turrets and not the alien variants, so not only did those last four turrets not fit, but I had to set the CV to "hover" a bit over the base because it the turrets were too tall for the CV to land.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Old one is still available as "lava" in the playfield! I was so happy cause while I do love the new version, I also love the old one. One of my favorite music tracks.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Thanks:). To much praise! Its a military Building, the first since ages, not self sustaining, needs therefore more Buildings around it. Mech Hangar is next on the list. Collecting Mats currently...while shuffling "oversized" loots into the Augustus CV.

8. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

9. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I decided to take the plunge and update it.
    I have removed all texturing and coloring then replaced all of the square blocks with combat steel blocks.
    Currently I am running down the sloped/curved blocks (which cannot be replaced using the console) and swapping them out.

I think I made a descent amount of progress for today...

20190624001028_1.jpg

10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If it helps, using the "di" command you can look at a block and get the ID number of the block and use that ID number in the replaceblocks command, even for blocks that don't have a name.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Just made some little water flowers for people to randomly find. :D

20190624012422_1.jpg

Supay, Inappropriate, jmtc and 9 others like this.
  12. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

@ravien_ff: can't wait to see the next iteration of your cenario. For me it is taking EGS to the next lvl!

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Thank you so much!
    I'm trying to take some more vacation time at work so I can have more time to work on the next update. :D Still a lot of stuff I want to add.

Tyrax Lightning, dpburke2 and Na_Palm like this.
  14. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

:)

Have you had time to check if the filler blocks now profit from the greater rendering range of deformed terrain? Have a older base on halt because of the formerly to short rendering distance...

Finishing next the latest base of mine and then the other ones

15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

They did not when I tested a couple weeks ago, so they probably still don't. :(

Tyrax Lightning, dpburke2 and Na_Palm like this.
  16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

This might help with replacing...I think:confused:

https://empyriononline.com/threads/help-topic-replaceblocks-command.38359/

18. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Thats...uhm...large!!:eek::eek:
    Btw., did you ever build something smaller than size 35(which this Base will probably reach when completed)?;):D

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  19. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

whelp discords down world wide guess ill go build something, issue is no idea what to build lol

20. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

ha, just installed it now. Must have been me :p

How to update your amazing Space HQ with the new A10 blocks....