What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Dead8eye: you seam to have input some what to the devs with your building. Why can't the game get real windows? Heck even Minecraft has real windows.

2. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Started building large landing bay for mid-size dropships inside my CV:
    4.0.2_2015-11-30_16-45-03.png 4.0.2_2015-11-30_16-44-50.png 4.0.2_2015-11-30_16-46-03.png

3. JaseRocks

JaseRocks Ensign

Im new to this game. Only been playing for a couple of weeks.

I have built an underground base and HV. Explored and collected a load of resources.

Today (well yesterday) I started construction on my first SV. It went something like this…

Build 1. Half built a SV with up, forward, back, down and left thrusters. I needed to move the SV as it was too close to a wall so I powered it up. It shot up but I could not go down as I didn’t have the down thrusters so I cut its power. My SV hits the deck, rolls over and refuses to move. The parts that were hard to place thrusters are no impossible to reach. So I dismantle the whole thing, build new components and start again.

Build 2. I build a bigger SV but as I have no idea how many thrusters I am going to need I place loads on it. 8-10 on each side. I lost count but ended up putting 12 on the roof. I turn on the power and it shoots up, narrowly missing the roof of the hanger bay. I then press “C” 12 down thrusters fire and Boom, dead, respawn.

I how have half a SV in a big hole were my landing bay used to be. I start rising the ground under the SV so I can get to the front to replace the core and cockpit. All I end up doing is moving the SV around without flipping it over. Eventually I open a white hole in to oblivion witch my SV falls in to never to be seen again. I decide to jump in after it and reload.

Build 3. A tiny SV with 2 thrusters on each side. No weapons, looks horrible.

So off I go on my first flight in to orbit. Looks beautiful up there. I’m down to 20% hunger and my other half will be getting home from work any minute so I turn around and head home while admiring the clouds over the planet. I’m now back on the planet but on the wrong side. The SV icon on the map does not seem to point in the same direction as the cockpit so I fly around in circles for a while. By the time I work out what way I need to fly home I’m down 10%. Im now hovering above my base on 5% and I hear my other half’s key in the front door. I switch to external view and start flying back and forward (I guess because I can’t keep the nose level) I then crash in to the ocean next to my base. Close enough.

So the Jase space program had a couple of setbacks but I got there in the end. Im sure NASA didn’t have these problems.

So I have a couple of question if I may…

How far away from the planet do I have to be to get out of its gravity well?

Does the CV work like a base in that when I power it up Ill attract drones?

Battlezorg and Krenios like this.
  4. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Glad you're enjoying the game! :D

To answer your questions: you can look at the bottom-right info box, and it will show your current gravity. Make sure it is 0.00 (or, at least 2100ish km from the nearest planet) and you should be fine. Make sure you build your CV where there is no gravity, or it will fall helplessly to the planet and disappear...

CV does not, thankfully, attract drones. Feel free to power it up at will. There are some drones out there, so be careful flying it around.

JaseRocks likes this.
  5. Nova Scorpion

Nova Scorpion Lieutenant

Last night me and my friend Blaze faced the ICA clan on our server. They raided us and left their crappy vessel as evidence. As we roll up to the base they are not expecting it and we weren't expecting alot of turrets. Maybe like 10+. I got hit twice but we took them out. Then the fuel tanks blew up the base and it was amazing. They respawned at Akua. That'll teach them.

6. =TCR= Big_Red

Moved into base number 2 last night. Much nicer location than my first base. Thanks devs for reducing the number of hits needed to remove blocks (3). Didn't take very long to disassemble my first base. I removed every block, light, window and core etc. But it still shows up on the map. Weird. Then for the first time on Empyrion I went online and visited a few servers. This was about 1:30 am. It was so weird to see bases all over the place and no one home. One server I did get a hello back after saying hello all in chat. But it was late. I really don't know if I can trust a server to put in the time it takes to build and play the game. Servers come and go faster than we have restarts.

7. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Finalizing the exterior of engine/thruster section of my CV:
    -_2015-12-03_23-31-31.png

hutchynet.sv73 and Slam Jones like this.
  8. Ambedrake

Ambedrake Commander

Crashed a CV into a Defense II AI base for giggles, and to see 1) if it was possible (it is on dedicated server), and 2) if there would be a lot of damage done (Was lack luster was hoping for some good damage, maybe an explosion or two)

9. crazytd69

crazytd69 Lieutenant

Started working on my new simple CV for when they become useful.

Attached Files:

10. =TCR= Big_Red

Just collected the last bit of resources to build a CV for the fourth time. Must almost be time for another update lol

11. Yolofessional

Yolofessional Captain

Concluded field trials of my Horizon UH testbed. travel over broken ground met or exceeded previous designs. travel up and down slope met expectations. unattended survivability far exceeded expectations. damage incurred from travel was light and localized as expected. two flaws to be addressed if design of a production model were to proceeed: 1. improved access to components while at stationary hover and 2. increase stability while traveling downslope at highspeed. i wish i had the ability to video capture some of the more impressive test runs. i also look forward to shaped armor blocks, and maybe even the ability to color them. i have the BP up on the HV thread for your examination. also, with the increase of max hover altitude to 3m, a production model would require adjustment of the hover engines, imo.

edit to get pix in order.

Attached Files:

Hiram Abiff and BOLSON like this.
  12. =TCR= Big_Red

Pictures look like the back end of a red chicken with yellow wings.

Arjen S likes this.
  13. Bocephus666

Bocephus666 Lieutenant

/agree

14. Yolofessional

Yolofessional Captain

@=TCR= Big_Red and @Bocephus666 if that is indeed the case, i would ask you both to restrain any sexual attraction you may have for it.

BOLSON likes this.
  15. =TCR= Big_Red

That's funny. How about a few close ups? :rolleyes:

16. Arjen S

Arjen S Ensign

Well, that was... a learning experience.

I was up in space, with Akura below me in all its glory, working hard on my first capital vessel. Proud as I was, I took it for a little spin.

I forgot I was this close to Akura, and got caught in its gravityfield. The vessel kept dropping and *BAM* Gone....

No blueprint, no nothing, back to the drawingboard for me;)

17. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Almost done with the exterior of my CV. Added a walkway between turret hardpoints:

2015-12-07_00003.jpg 2015-12-07_00002.jpg

Finalized the interior of the bridge:

2015-12-07_00001.jpg

Krenios likes this.
  18. =TCR= Big_Red

Looks really nice. Wish we had real windows. Don't under stand why that's so hard.

19. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Yeah, I wish that devs could add windows without blinds as well.

20. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Also checked if my base has not been wiped on server 104.245.102.153:26910 - hopefully it's still there :)
    Some screenshots of it (still under construction):
    2015-12-07_00010.jpg 2015-12-07_00010.jpg 2015-12-07_00008.jpg 2015-12-07_00007.jpg 2015-12-07_00006.jpg 2015-12-07_00004.jpg 2015-12-07_00005.jpg

Attached Files:

Krenios likes this.