What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Worked on my castle a little bit. I noticed a couple things I'd missed and I made some changes to the observatory and added a full length window to the tower. Then I got distracted from working on the Dark Tower which you can see in the background here. I decided to make a small base out of certain design elements from the castle, notably the main tower with that slanted window, the observatory, and the top of the third tower. I rather liked those elements and figured other people might like a little base made out of them too.

I've made the observatory element larger and I've enclosed the arms from the third tower making a dome. Perfect for a greenhouse. I extended the structure beneath it and put a hangar door in(it's on the far side) with room inside for an HV. Just need to add some equipment and texture it and it will be done.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I saw a very nice HV in the workshop and realized it used some very old assets.
    So I updated it by replacing all legacy blocks and devices, I also made a few tweaks.

I know, I know, It's someones elses work and I have no intention of uploading it unless I get permission.

I just find updating old blueprints enlightening. It gives me a look into how it was constructed and I use those lessons in my builds. (I learned a lot while modifying the Arrowhead).

For comparison, here is the link to the origional: HV-Tortoise-Excavator

Jonathans_Workshop_2016-10-14_20-40-12.jpg

3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

On the survival side, I took out a enemy radar station on Omicron because it's location was just too tempting.
    Once I finallly managed to blow the core, I scrapped it to the ground and used it's remains to build a base.

4 Ore deposits within the BA's turret range? Water nearby?
    Yep, a good location to setup a base.
    Jonathans_2016-10-14_21-04-23.jpg

Now I just need to do something about the neighbors...
    (The drone base is visible from my porch).

Jonathans_2016-10-14_21-09-51.jpg

4. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Decided to take another crack at upgrading SVs. Came up with the Bandicoot Mk2. A bit removed from the Mk1, but still maintains some decent agility while adding quite a bit to endurance and firepower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Note: Core has been moved since this pic was taken)
    [​IMG]

No Blueprint, as I will likely still make a few tweaks to it.

5. Phantom Aria

Phantom Aria Commander

Kinda reminds me of an A-wing or Jedi Starfighter, i like it

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  6. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Considering the enemy AI always targets the core, that was a very good idea.

7. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

Always nice to get a glimpse into the creative process one goes through when designing a masterpiece. That post was exactly as long as it needed to be. ;)

Tyrax Lightning and oojimaflip like this.
  8. Ambedrake

Ambedrake Commander

Been working on this massively intricate beast with my buddy for the last few weeks, paying close attention to details both inside and out. Including gravity generation interactions =D

[​IMG]

9. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

The Outlaw Star? [​IMG]
    I think you just became my new favorite person. I loved that series. <3

10. Ambedrake

Ambedrake Commander

We made one back in the early alpha of starmade as well lol, there is even a youtube video of someone playing with it lol.
    Video

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  11. spag

spag Lieutenant

Tried exp647/648:game frozed and went black screen with game theme still playing 7 times,restarted windows 7 times,opted out.That is all.:mad:

12. vicomt

vicomt Captain

The Moles Mined. And mined..... and mined.

Today we mined the resources to build our carrier, Leviathan. In 18 hours or so, we launch it. I just hope we have enough damn fuel for it :D

oojimaflip and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

So I was asked a few times by random people between the forums here and my youtube channel to do a video on custom planets. I spent a few hours today babbling into a microphone and came up with a video we posted on the FAIL youtube channel for all those who are curious or interested in creating their own planets, playfields, and/or solar system.

Fair warning, it's a little long-winded at 1 hour long, but it could have been much longer...lol. And for those who remember me talking about the custom planet I made and promising to post screenshots, I've done you one better. Not only is it a video instead of pics, I share my sacred secret wisdom with the masses. :p

14. Jieirn

Jieirn Commander

Guess I should check in on this today. I moved the internal elevator and added the upper an lower engine pylons. I think I will be making a new forum thread to document the rest of the Outlaw build and eventually one for the McKinley Station build.

15. vicomt

vicomt Captain

Today the Space Moles balanced things, we started off a new survival, and went through the initial process of setting up our WIP starter base. Once up and running, we looked at our library to find the first ship from our fleet that we could use. This when we realised that our choice of thrusters on low level vehicles meant we couldn't spawn anything until at least level 7. A functionality reduction pass should result in a new variant of the Krait, and of our yet unreleased starter hover vehicle range to lower the requirements bar.

moving on from the basics, progression into space is going to require some sort of zero-g starter station, so that's yet another WIP started.

hopefully we'll get some of these ideas knocked out sooner rather than later ;)

16. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I am absolutely determined to add a CV to the "Starhaven" lineup. Regrettably, neither the Endymion nor the Selene meet my standards for "elegant yet functional," and I've been bashing my head against a wall trying to come up with a new design. Currently on my fourth iteration of this beast, and finally hit some inspiration a few hours ago when I stumbled onto some concept work for the Star Citizen "Constellation."
    [​IMG]
    The SC ship is a tad too military for "luxury space yacht," but her profile meshes well with the sort of design I'm aiming for. Unfortunately, my mouse's battery is nearly drained and needs to recharge, so it seems I'm taking a break for a while.

Don't you hate it when you finally find your build-rhythm, and life intervenes?

17. CmdrZin

CmdrZin Ensign

Finally build my first usable CV. All the basics and a big hanger area.
    [​IMG]
    Basic motor home design. Also landing gantry.
    [​IMG]
    Side view showing facilities area.
    [​IMG]
    Rear area with ramp and 9x5 hanger. Also landing pad and front of home base.
    Off to visit other planets now.

18. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Perhaps the Weapons could be Retrofitted to fire Confetti & Party Lights? :p

Might not be a bad idea to keep a couple of the Guns in case of Space Pirates though. They tend to try to plunder Rich People. ;)

For the Topic: I FINALLY got to resume play of Empyrion & screw around with the recent changes... & a lot of these changes imho need to be changed some more... :eek:

Also found a couple Bugs to Report during my Shenaniganing around.

Kieve likes this.
  19. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Drone-quality pics made me think the CV and your base were all part of the same build at first. Interesting design.

Har har. I don't mean the weapons specifically, just the style. The more I eyeball that ship though, the more I'm in love with the design - especially the "Aquila" version, which features a more civilian appearance and a rounded cockpit.

That being said, made significant progress tonight - even accounting for the aborted attempts I've left floating in Akua's orbit. Plus, I finally have a name for the thing. I give you the KCV Erelim.
    Blown to stardust for being a godawful monstrosity. No pictures.
    Version 1 was abandoned after I determined it was turning out too huge, and the effort to downscale it would've been greater than simply starting over. Version 2 is nearly identical to V1, just downsized a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the end, it was still too damn big. Abandoned.
    After scrapping two CVs for scaling problems, I was determined to keep things smaller this time. Width and height are both reduced (further), which meant the loss of the silver stripe on the hull. Added walls to the side to counter that, and tried a different design for the bridge down below as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I ended up really liking the windows on this one, but as I started fleshing out the midsection of the ship, I realized I was still hitting the same problem. So fine, I'll try another one without the oversized shell on top.
    Now we're getting somewhere. I hope.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please note, the ship is facing left in both exterior screenshots. The more I look at it, the more I start to think maybe I should build a second one, except backwards - maybe a future SV design?
    Either way, only the front of the Erelim is "done" at the moment, though I use quotes because it's still far from finished (interior decorating and painting to do).
    Clearly my approach leaves something to be desired where "efficiency" is concerned.

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  20. hound

hound Captain

Built some small SV's today, since HV's are acting weird I wanted to see how small I could go . They are really peppy because of the lack of weight. I adore the new wings.
    And still staring at my build from yesterday and trying to decide where to go with it 20161017023538_1.jpg 20161017024725_1.jpg