What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. CocoCincinnati

CocoCincinnati Lieutenant

Got the bright idea to use my excess concrete to build a landing pad for my CV. Didn't stop to think before hand about just how big it was so after I finished what I thought was enough and tried to spawn it in, I realized my mistake. Undaunted, I proceeded to cut away what seemed like half the mountain and add in more block to make it fit. In the end I got so much stone that I think I might have ended up with as much or more concrete than what I used.

BB1_CV pad.jpg

2. vicomt

vicomt Captain

Someone help me, I can't stop him building new things!

[​IMG]

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I know how ya feel dude. I've been told by pals before that I seem to be pretty good at Portablization, yet even for me i've had trouble trying to make anything small. :)

Why in the Halibut would ya want to? I say FEED the Addiction! :p

For the Topic: I built a new Test Hover War Tank in Experimental Creative Build (0650)... or at least tried to... built new T2 Hover Engines underneath & TWENTY TWO Directional Thrusters (I'll never get used to the name change...) in each direction with 6 Harvesters & 4 Spotlights. Base completed & ready to get the actual rest of the Test Hover War Tank built on top of it, I check its Properties & Stats Screen to see how my Thrust is doin to get an idea on how much War Tank Body I might be able to afford... turns out the current Thrust with just the Base & ALL those Thrusters was giving me a Thrust of 3 m/s... too weak for the BASE of the Hover War Tank alone... trying to thrust a FULL Hover War Tank would be out of the question & i'd never be able to put many if any more Thrusters onto the Main Body of the Tank. Build (0650) Hover War Tanks are completely impossible to build! :eek:

Slam Jones likes this.
  4. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Most recently, I... played Skyrim. :rolleyes:

Mainly because I'm still trying to accumulate ideas for vessels, as I've exhausted my current supply of inspiration... but it'll come back some enough. It always does ;)

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ya oughta give the Experimental Branch a try... ya might like playing with these new Wings. I think they are especially for pretty boys like you. ;)

XeroTerragoth and Slam Jones like this.
  6. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I've been working on my tower base a bit. It's basically a very tall, empty shell at this point. My problem is trying to support the upper floors while having a large, open space on the bottom floor. I ran into this problem with the last tower I created and that was much smaller. I'm basically wanting to add a large HV hangar/cave type area on the bottom floor but structural integrity is proving to be tricky. As expected knocking an opening for the hangar doors caused a partial collapse of the walls above. Wasn't too bad. Still fiddling with where to put the support columns. Wish they'd tweak SI to allow for arch supports to transfer point load.

I updated a couple of my older blueprints this evening too. Made some of them more accessible at lower levels and whatnot.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Loading up my new HV transport Vehicle into my CV after getting some resources from the moon. It's a cool feeling driving your HV into the hangar of your CV. Haven't really done much today in Empyrion but try out some of the new HV engines. Screenshot (47).png

8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

When it comes to these new HV engines, Empyrion is getting like Space Engineers. Everything has to be perfect to make it work. LOL I guess making what you build work is going to be part of the game too. Let me dust off my Engineering degree. lol

9. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Testing my HV, I think I just about got it right. but man this game is beautiful. Nice little picture from the forest Screenshot (50).png

While testing my HV I came across this massive CV.. Somebody built the Star Trek Enterpirse E and it looks almost perfect. It's on the workshop .
    Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (52).png

10. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    More progress on the Erelim.

11. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  12. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

You have to try the Enderal mod (if you're playing on PC). It's very well done with professional voice overs and they even re-vamped the gameplay system. It's like a whole new game for free lol :D

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  13. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Very cool! As it is I play with a ton of mods, but as someone who has explored somewhere between 99 - 100% of the dungeons in Skyrim, that might be a great option for me :p

If I'm seeing this correct, then the big station got the top lopped off and set well below the rest of the station when you tried to spawn it from a BP? Known bug, happens with very big structures like this, unfortunately :\

Tyrax Lightning and oojimaflip like this.
  14. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Yh, I kinda figured it was something to do with the block limit bug, except for the fact that the station is only 150 block in height and the core is in the middle.
    If it didn't take so long to get a new thread checked out (6 hours? really?) then more info would be available there...o_O

15. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

As far as approving threads go, I think they've got, at most, 3 or 4 moderators who can do so, and they probably aren't completely spread out through the time zones. The main Dev HQ is in Germany, after all.

And yeah it's a weird one, best I can figure is it's just an issue with the Y axis. Never seen it occur on the X or Z axis, but this is not the first time I've seen it on the Y axis.

Tyrax Lightning and oojimaflip like this.
  16. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

I'm in the UK, thread was created this morning, are you suggesting there has been no mods on the forum during the day, in their own time zone?:rolleyes:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  17. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well, I mean, it's not like Forum Moderator is a full-time paying job :p

Although it does appear there is an Admin on at the moment... and according to my phone, it's almost 8PM in Germany at the moment... so maybe my point is moot after all :p

18. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

maybe all I needed to do was get a well known forum member involved... it's been checked! ;)

19. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

The automotive theme worked so well I turned the Dreaming from luxury home into Automotive shop/garage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Nice! But can you land, refuel, and return to orbit in under 15 seconds?