What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Covsas

Covsas Ensign

haha when ever we moved from planet to planet it was annoying to have to rebuild a base on every planet so we built it in space as a CV so we could bring it with us where ever we went. Thank you for the feedback :)

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today I did a bit of tweaking to the Lionfish, and added some hanger doors to the roof of the Leviathan as an experiment.
    Now it has two entry points for SV's.

HPODS_2016-10-22_15-48-09.jpg

3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I'm having fun making HVs. Made a little jeep HV today.

[​IMG]

4. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Finally finished a luxury CV! With the Erelim on hold, I turned my attention to an upscale rebuild of the Selene - a design I've always liked, but never quite hit the mark with.
    I give you the Selene LXS:
    4.0_2016-10-22_22-05-49.jpg Coming soon to the Workshop. (But first, dinner!)

Still missing the gloss on the metal textures (they had such a nice copper/bronze look before), but overall pretty happy with it.

5. Gray

Gray Commander

spend the last few hours creating a custom orbit including planet to have a fixed spawn for prefab ships/orbital bases (and I can get the blueprints out of my list). also finally made the complete hyperion show up, since that blueprint doesn't work in the blueprint list (rest does). fun fact: I always assumed the big part is the front, not the back o_O

should've included the planet from the start, since initially I parked all the ships around 0,0 - where later the planet was :oops:

shipyard.jpg

also created a custom planet to spawn all the bases, but there's a ton of them, so it's gonna take a while...

ultimate goal is to have a catalog of all the bases and CVs (and maybe SV/HV if I'm crazy enough) to figure out which prefab is which and I can update them to the new blocks. prolly gonna start with the akua/omicron stuff since that is what most people see first. now if we only could save blueprints with alien cores...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    oojimaflip, Kieve, Fractalite and 3 others like this.
  6. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

What ship is that white one on the right with the four nacelles? That looks pretty cool.

Fractalite, Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  7. Gray

Gray Commander

it's called Lightning. screenshot doesn't do show how massive it is (for comparison, the little white ship to the left is the tier 2 CV prefab called Polaris internally)

8. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I logged on to spread the word: just a heads up, the alien parasite no long does constant damage and instead insta-kills you after a certain time has expired. I, um, might have just learned this the hard way... :eek::D

But then I see this, and my thought process was something like:

*logs into Empyrion to spread the word about the new parasite mechanics*
    *Is not sure where to post the info.... a new thread in general? One of the announcments? Send up smoke signals?*
    *Realizes that the "what did you do in empyrion today" thread would be perfect*
    *Begins to scroll down the page, chuckling at siege's jeep*
    *sees Kieve's new CV*
    *Head explodes*

I want to see it as soon as it is up on the workshop! What a cool design! Kieve, you have a real gift at both the chic, the simple, and the martian/space colonial... or at least that build does. How wide is it? Does it have all the amenities? All the angles to that ship are just right, they point your eyes in the right direction, yet flow comfortably. I want to examine it more closely, hurry up and eat damnit!

Along with Siege, I was curious about that ship - kinda draws the eye.... but I loves me the Hyperion. Such an imposing ship. Try spawning it in space with he sun behind it. Such a haunting presence.

Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Your idea is growing on me, you should also add:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729022771
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=709761301
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758920263
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=762365110
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712930254
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699519710
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761179197
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=782429368

10. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Took a while to get my screenshots sorted out (and get a suitably over-the-top "Luxury car dealer" description done for it), but she's finally posted.
    [​IMG]
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=785695071

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

The Alien Parasite bothered ya for quite awhile then eventually flat out killed ya for ages now dude. VERY old news. :rolleyes: *Insert Slowpoke Emote here*

For the Topic: SV's almost done. only thing left is finishing the upper & lower part of the left & right part of it, where i'm planning to put the up & down Thrusters at.

Also this'll be my first SV with Butt Parking enabled. :p Still worried about if there's any way in hell this SV even can be viable though... :eek:

Kieve likes this.
  12. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Not too much done today, but I worked a bit more on small HVs, then started building a basic semi-oval track for racing on Oscutune.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. drakrochma

drakrochma Ensign

Erased a drone base with a single chaingun with all enemy-settings at max.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  14. Gray

Gray Commander

I love big shipyards, looking out the window and seeing a large fleet is incredible!

problem is right now a playfield uses stuff from the prefab folder, so it's installed for everybody. knowing empyrion it will probably crash trying to spawn a POI that doesn't exist (hm, I really should try that) and workshop BPs are put somewhere else.

for it to work with custom models you'd have to put every .ebp you want to spawn into prefabs, and I don't even know how a server would handle it - I assume a client would need it as well (just thinking about it gives me flashbacks to HL/UT custom servers with all kinds of custom each server requires... :eek:).

either way when I'm done I'll put it up in the hangar bay with some instructions for people to tinker with.

oojimaflip and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Today in Empyrion I finally threw my hands in the air in complete disgust and annoyance of ...

The fugly textures and lighting and neon coloring...
    The constant speaker sputter on engine noises...
    The clipping away/vanishing act of block edges when near sv/hv blocks...
    The terrible flight dynamics that just gets more and more screwy...

Its all just too much, and its been dragging on me for far too long and I just need to pull away, distance, take a break and come back with a clean fresh mind... or I'm about to blow my lid and make everyone suffer.

Tyrax Lightning, Kieve and Siege Inc. like this.
  16. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Yeah I haven't been spending as much time in game either. The texture/lighting changes are hard on my eyes. At least now I know where that sputtering noise was coming from! It's good to know I'm not losing my mind(or my speakers).

17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

When did this change? For ages I have dreaded getting any sort of disease/condition because they all alowly drained my life. I suppose I did just get a new computer and thus a new install, perhaps it was a bug? Weird.

Will not be the same without ya. :)

18. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I find it fascinating that people are either suddenly turning to smaller HV designs or are not moving away from old inclinations towards smaller designs with the new hover mechanics. I would have thought it would be the opposite. Instead, all the old designs are large, and now are being upgraded; and some of the new designs are small.

This is not a criticism, just kind of amazing - I am headed in the reverse direction. I can finally make massive floating platforms of doom! Either that or modest recreational death machines. Either way is awesome. :)

Slam Jones and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

The reverse is true of my SV's. I am hoping that an adjustment is coming, because I have not been able to master the new weight mechanics with SV's yet:

Survival_3_2016-10-23_13-06-40.png

This is the best I have so far and it is little more than a small little utility pod... :oops::(

Robot Shark and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. vicomt

vicomt Captain

So today was HV day, we started with a larger variant of the Ghost, designed mainly as a weapons platform sporting multiple turrets. there are a couple of version of this uploaded, one with decent weaponry, one with "filler" machine gun turrets. I'm quite happy with it's manoeuvrability under the new hover mechanics, and unlike the ghost, I've not been able to topple this over!. It does sometimes seem to get stuck when transitioning from beach to water though.

[​IMG]

Next comes the Barghest - a funky little bulldog of an HV, sporting an artillery turret for those pesky POI's
    It's certainly a departure from the normal hovercraft type, but it's cheap and relatively manoeuvrable for it's nearly 40t mass.

[​IMG]

We also managed to get through all our existing blueprints, certifying them for version 4.x, and apart from the weapon limits, everything from our fleet should now be compatible. A couple of ships did get some wings where we though appropriate, and this whilst does radically change the overall look of some ships, we feel it's for the better, and in some circumstances, much closer to our original design ideals (Tyto especially, which has had to move moorings from the Leviathan to the Typhon)

As ever, feel free to have another look round the fleet, comments are welcome.