What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You may consider to test like @jrandall in his videos does it:
    Open a survival Game, open console, type cm and switch back and forth between both, so you can test what you just has built.

2. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

My to-do list for Nexus Station is getting shorter all the time. I just finished updating all the hotel rooms on the city level as well as some minor fixes/updates around the city.

Left to do:
    Lighting
    Signage
    Elevators: texture/paint update
    Gravity/Fuel/Oxygen

Edit: I am not looking forward to working out the placement for all the gravity generators this thing will need. I wish there was a debug setting to make gravity generators display their radius of effect. Better yet make gravity generators work like shield generators. One generator covers the entire structure.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

And when all is done...you'll start all over again;)...like the Golden Gate Bridge:D

Tyrax Lightning and StyleBBQ like this.
  5. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

After this I think I'm done updating the Station for a good long while. This update will have fixed a lot of questionable or unfortunate design and aesthetic choices and added enough exciting new stuff that I'm pretty satisfied with where it's ended up. :)

6. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I am trying an experiment.
    I started a survival game then copied gameoptions.yaml from the survival game (with the difficulty settings in effect) to my workshop save.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Designing the first Drone patrol vessel, a Nullifier. Armed with 24 forward facing ion turrets, this thing is meant to nullify the enemy's shields (hence the name of the drone). The trick is to stay behind it so the majority of the ion turrets can't shoot you.
    This is still considered tier 1 for a drone patrol vessel and while bigger than the scouts or harvesters, it's still fairly small.

20191118010706_1.jpg

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Taking shape. View of one of the large grasping claws meant to hold on to an enemy vessel after it depletes the shields, so the harvesters and dismantlers can come tear it apart for raw resources.

20191118014348_1.jpg

9. Darak

Darak Lieutenant

Today I barely survived my first next-planet expedition. I'm a new player, and after a few false starts getting to know the game's mechanics I finally decided to get serious and try the experimental built (Akua scenario, default hard mode with CPU and m/v enabled).

It was a brutal but amazing experience. Akua barely had any copper, but after many hardships (including multiple Talon area patrols to raise their influence, as most of the ore was in their area and there are no missions in this scenario) I was finally able to build a decent base and a warp-capable small ship I was really proud of. That ice planet looked really promising, but I underestimated its difficulty, as a surprise rocket drone suddenly blew off both the ship's fuel tanks and turned it into a dud. I had to flee the area after barely surviving as multiple dropships were dropping, so I holed up with they very few things I could carry on me, barely any oxygen and food left in that unknown and hostile planet. I built a barebones base after using what was left of my drill to scrap stone around and made multiple expeditions back to the ship's remains to scavenge the remains. I had managed to salvage the warp drive, so I used the next few hours to scavenge the additional resources around (any expeditions outside base were terrifying) in order to built a make-shift vessel which was not much more than a warp drive with a lot of cargo boxes jury-rigged.

I was able to finish it barely on time as I was almost out of resources (I wasn't able to find a good balance of condensers/power/O2 as the outside world was very challenging). Promptly, I salvaged what remained of my base and took off with the promise to return better prepared... So I went to orbit, pointed to Akua, pressed the warp button aaaand... nothing. The excessive cargo had slowed down my makeshift ship under the warp minimums. As a last resort I did a short space walk (which almost killed me) and repurposed all thrusters as forward, which did the trick. By the way, space walks should really be that brutal, but it shouldn't be cold what kills you, at least under the sun's direct exposure.

I know those kind of early game experiences are nothing new for most of you on this forum, but to be honest it has been one of the best gaming experiences of my life. The constant sense of dread and close-calls and the way you make your own plans for survival and your own hardships and triumphs work organically is nothing sort of amazing. I really enjoyed both the CPU system and the m/v one and I think both contributed to the experience, forcing me to build purpose-specific things and having to consider carefully what I bring out with me or scavenge in an expedition. They could probably be better balanced (perhaps weapons should cost more and navigation aid less). I also wish portable constructors were m/v limited and you could carry less volume with you while mobile vessel cargo boxes should hold more, right now they are too limited, except perhaps for the OP cargo controllers.

10. Cluascorp

Cluascorp Commander

Thanks for sharing @Darak

Oh the nostalgia. I still remember my first planet ...

11. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

A11 time to build!

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Giving me the right feeling when starting EGS on STEAM...;):D
    Empyrion in Steam.jpg

13. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Nexus Station apparently requires 5.68 million CPU. Good to know.

Maybe I'll add some to the computer core level. :p

14. Cluascorp

Cluascorp Commander

I started a brand new A11 game. Got a good start and build a HV. Then something strange happened. I took a break and there was a new small patch released. I entered the game again. I was pretty far away from my base and the HV was filled up with nice rocks and stuff. To my horror i almost couldn't move, the max speed was down to 10 kph ... Took about 20 mins real time to get back lol ... Now HV got a few extra thrusters and it works fine again (until the next patch?)

15. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

It could be worse, my old "planet buster" requires over 76 million CPU.
    The 57 RCS units I hid behind bulkheads did not help any, and running them all down is going to be a pain.

<sigh> 100 builds in the workshop, 100 builds to update.
    I am going to be busy for a while.

16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

T4 carrier I'm building.. It might hit 8 million CPU after I'm finished but it's big and turns great. I used harden steel.
    Screenshot (421).png
    Screenshot (423).png

Attached Files:

17. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Bug Report worthy. ;)

StyleBBQ likes this.
  18. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

As, I think so, many of us (#MeToo;)) started a New game.
    SP, Survival - full struggle mode - in the worst place you might think - DEAD PLANET - Project Eden:D.
    The first time in Ages I actually build a Chainsaw...:eek: to cut down dead trees. About 4 -5 Trees with one can of fuel...efficiency is a different concept...but as time is a very important factor on such a world it must do. Time in the open with only a light armor, 7.0rad and between -18°C to -39°C you try NOT to stay outside too long as not even the small AC can handle that temperature well.
    A shower within your base is a real "must-have".
    New CPU system together with"NO BP-FACTORY ALLOWED" and W/V enabled is a REAL Test of Tenacity! :);)

19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Quick! Someone summon Chell! :p

Seriously... how the halibut do ya Survival Pros do it...? :confused:

StyleBBQ and Germanicus like this.
  20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I'm really liking these Drones. I've only made the easier versions so far but even still I think they are intimidating looking. Now we just need actual convoys instead of having to fake it! :D

20191119025423_1.jpg

Some of them launch level 35 laser drones. :D