What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You can't say that @spanj is an inexperienced player ;)but with his kind of settings before starting his project Eden Play Through (40 videos):eek: it was no wonder that he succumbed several times to the Radiation and Cold effects.:)
    And if you have in mind that you are the last and only survivor on the Planet some of those "to many" POI's get fast too few...I can say this after about TEN starts on the Dead Planet as it ALWAYS depended on the SEED how much and what you' ll find.:)

2. Demonic

Demonic Captain

Ok, so what settings would you recommend? I'd certainly liked to try a.challange :)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I don not suggest anything about how to play or do things to anyone. Each after his/her own liking;).

Look at @spanj i-man's video here ->

starting at about 3:00 when he explains his settings.

4. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Built a wall. Kind of pointless when you consider a patrol vessel will go right over it.
    Leave as is - or build a more interesting gatehouse?
    upload_2019-12-12_15-59-26.png

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

About "...going over it"...I would not be that sure about the ability of those PV Pilots. I mean as drunk as they are recently;):D

6. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

Installed the Game , take a look in this multiple solar systems , looked the changes in CPU system "checked ships that i have overworked with 11.0 and noticed they are now over the limit", activated a real life facepalm , deinstalled the game again .

Playtime arround 15 minutes .

Tyrax Lightning and Germanicus like this.
  7. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

Wanted to make a bigger version of this drydock but can't use it on servers with CPU on , cause of CPU explosion :p i only made the box larger where the ship is inside :D

[​IMG]

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Is your Space Dock bigger than Size Class 22 and T2?

9. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

The small one from the picture no SC 6 and T2 on the border to T3 , but the one i made today is lesser than sc 22 but over CPU T4 .

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I take it that it is build for PvP or at least of hard metal than? With an adequate defense capability that brings its CPU value that high?

My Ostia Space Dock is made manly of Truss Blocks (1 CPU each) and Carbon Substrate (2 CPU each) but about 35.000 of it.
    It sports 1 Adv. and 1 Small Constructor as well as 1x 320k CC plus 8 Containers. 20 Small Generators and 42 small Fuel Tanks + 28 O² Tanks brings it to about 156.000 CPU.

11. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

It is only of normal Steel but it looks smaller than it is , i didn't looked today all interior spaces but the crafting room got 4 advance Constructors 2 Forges and a lot of the old storrage boxes , i think the base has 1 mid size reactor so 4 T2 Generators .

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well those numbers explain the high CPU count. If you didnt know...the difference between using CC and Containers is only that the containers use 1 PU less than the CC/CE's. In terms of CPU its exactly the same for the same amount of space. Also check if those 2 T2 Gens are not just to much of provided power. I mean only to help to lower CPU costs. Nothing else. No criticism intended.

Tyrax Lightning and Minelaus like this.
  13. dichebach

dichebach Captain

14. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

Yea i know what you want to say , this bases are mostly the foundation of my mainbases and normaly they grow fast with additive modules like a greenhouse , more hangars and producktion areas so 2 of the constructors produce permanent ammo , one build parts or stuff thats needet and the other Energy Cells , so the Construcktors are needet the Smelter never got a brake :D , but i can try out how mutch CPU i will save if i change the cargo storage :)

15. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

@Germanicus :Thanks for the info with the Cargo storrage .
    Ok i needet to rebuild the base (savegame was corupted) but now it works with a little bit over a mil CPU and sc 15 , a airdence drydock for my small carrier :).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  16. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

It means the compass will read the wrong direction. You'll think you're going north when you're going south. It also affects thrusters and forward momentum. Backing up is slower than moving forward and since the ship is facing the wrong direction it will think you're constantly trying to go backwards.

Add a few blocks to one end of the ship(front or back).
    Use the copy tool to select the ship minus those extra blocks and cut.
    Rotate the ship 180 degrees.
    Paste.
    Get rid of those extra blocks.

17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Today I got my Steam controller in the mail and played around with it! I got it to help do smooth camera movements while filming. :D

18. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Tonight, I took a step back, challenged myself a bit, and came up with a nice, super simple, surprisingly effective small HV.
    Running on my left-over ground repulsors from the Robinson Protocol, a pair of small thusters and a handful of blocks, I managed to come up with something that made me smile, nod, and even paint the thing. It's a great little scout craft, as it's fast enough to tear right through the middle of a Zirax troop movement with nothing more than turned heads, and a bunch of aliens going "ᏇᏖᎦ ᏇᏗᏕ ᏖᏂᏗᏖ?"

Fuel from the single tank lasts well over 700 minutes, and it's small and light enough that a good bump will send you on an airborne ride for quite a distance. It can even manage to climb near vertical slopes with little effort. It's not a massive hauler, with a limited cargo capacity of 500 units, including the munitions magazine, but it's not really designed for much more than high-speed scouting - or hauling you to locations to drop off or refuel an Autominer.

The asymmetric design I found to be a plus as well, as it's not particularly common. It also features top and bottom landing pads, making it easy to transport via SV or CV,

Without further adeiu:

[​IMG]

It also made me realize, we do not have a thin, pointy block that will fit on the tip of those foremost wedges - or if we do, I can't find it.

The steel shell are all thin blocks, keeping it light and fast, but proving at least some protection against a stray shot to the equipment blocks underneath. The thruster "wing" is attached by two light-weight truss blocks, with the same light steel armor over them. The ground repulsors are at the front and rear of the main body, and the front and rear of the thruster assembly, keeping the thing fairly well balanced, despite its asymmetry.

Given its light weight, high thrust and maneuverability, this T1 HV can easily rotate upwards to shoot drones with the single minigun, is low enough to the ground to pick off raptors, alien assassins, those weird bug-like alien humanoids, or golems with ease, and with a slight downward rotation, is the bane of spiders of all sorts.

The rear-facing detector has a single light on it, and wifi make it quick and easy to deliver small amount of supplies or transfer fuel, munitions or medical kits from nearby storage.

Yeah, it does kind of remind me of a pod-racer, and I'm tinkering with the idea of strapping a couple really big jets to a modified similar design, just for fun as well.

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Putting the finishing touches on the update for my scenario.

Warpable "suns" (planets that are next to the sun on the galaxy map that you can warp to. Best we can do until proper sun playfields are added):
    20191213024448_1.jpg

20191213025036_1.jpg

Also a new variation of lava planet:
    20191213031134_1.jpg

20. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

the suns looking beautiful , perhaps if the planet size bug will be fixed some day i will overhaul my scenario with multiple solar systems "and the economy i wanted to implement with A10" .