What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning and Phantom Aria like this.
  2. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Smashing... lol ... :p

ScreenShot0003.jpg

I will find a way to bring it in here..... :D

ScreenShot0010.jpg

Some day......

3. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Added a few more truss blocks here and there. and finished the first part of the engine room interior.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jieirn

Jieirn Commander

Outlaw_Build_2016-10-26_17-30-17.png

Tyrax Lightning, Siege Inc. and Kieve like this.
  5. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

That really needs a giant '3' on the side...

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I've commenced work on my first ever attempt at an Alien Space Base for an Entry into this Contest here, that I was Invited into by Jieirn.

I think I might have a fully complete Core Room done... now a LOT of Base left to go... or on second thought, dammit... forgot about the 'No non-Sentry Turrets in the Interior' Rule... my Core Room will need a tweak before it's done after all.

7. Covsas

Covsas Ensign

well what i started today was spawning in my base to MP after 24 hours BP forgetting to check structural integrity and watching one of the towers fall down after placing 1 block :( so i guess the rest of the day ill be crafting extra blocks to finish repairing the damage then continue to work on it, as soon as i can figure out how to just post a picture ill show you guys.

8. Neonin

Neonin Captain

Today has been mostly about getting my head around the changes since I last designed anything. I've got a bit of a grasp after updating my Voidhawk but I think I basically need to go back and check all my old stats vs the new ones and see what the new "norm" is so I can balance these ships against each other.

I've had a quick go at updating a couple of my interceptor designs, the Terrastar Star Shrike (top) and the Lightspeed Raider (bottom):

interceptors.png

Neither are finished yet as I need to figure out what extra thrusters and bits are needed on each one still, so definitely a work in progress!

Though not strictly Empyrion-related as such, I also realised I never created a manufacturer logo for Lightspeed last time I was playing so I've corrected that oversight:

Lightspeed Logo.png

It's good to be back! :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    vicomt and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Fienyx

Fienyx Lieutenant

I felt bad. Found the Talon Village. Replaced it's core with one of mine. Forgot about the mission, so switched to the Clans of Akua mission, which completed and went to the Bad Karma. Not a single Talon fought back..... they just stood there as I killed the entire village..... I don't like killing the non aggressive. Really don't even like attacking them. Honestly, even the lizard mules, I would rather be able to activate them to get the milk. Kind of odd that you have to kill the milk givers to get the milk. Could make a farm otherwise.

Now I am starting over. Don't want the play through where I'm an evil invader......

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. SummerRider

SummerRider Ensign

Well I just started playing yesterday. I had watched a "Let's Play" type of video, so sort of knew what I was getting into.

So I died, once. Built a horrible hover vehicle that I hated driving. Built a simple SV that I actually like using. Went into space, found something interesting that I moved closer to see what it was, and then ran away once I realized it was shooting at me. Went to the moon to get the Neo material that I needed for a mining laser (t2). Explored the starter (easy) planet and found a drone base, once again got shot at so I ran away agian. (I was having a "derp derp" moment as I couldn't figure out why my gun was not shooting. It helps if you actually select it.)

I'm liking it. Will be exploring the POIs.

I know this is things you all have probably done a million times, but there is my contribution.

Kieve, Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. Covsas

Covsas Ensign

Well it took me most of the day due to re-crafting but the front right tower has now been rebuilt along with the surrounding walls and floors. I can now get cracking with the 3rd tower and start working on the main buildings!! once more blocks are done :/ pretty sure glass plates didn't take this long to craft in the past.
    20161027194441_1.jpg

Certainly helps having my main crafting bases right behind in the background :)

12. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Saving more work on my Contest Entry for my Evening when i'll be less not-awake & instead started up a new Mad Empyrion Science Experiment SV starring 6 Wings! (As in Wing Blocks. Wing Blocks are the first time ever that i've found a use for the Combat Steel Texture that actually looked good imho, especially in Light Grey.)

13. vicomt

vicomt Captain

So, the other night I got my master builder interested in a new design, and we happened to have half a Leviathan sitting in the corner of the system doing nothing*, we started putting together an idea for luxury yacht of some kind, I felt that we'd worked hard enough for a while to make something nice for ourselves.

We roughed out part of the hull tonight.... and I think maybe I've given us more hard work that I intended :D

no pics yet, way too early ;)

oh, and sinking ground bases into the ground when spawning a blueprint is totally broken, which kinda sucks, when you're a mole.

* It was part of the remains of the destructive testing we had to do to secure the Leviathan's fuel cores from experiencing VRUD when fired at.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning, Kieve and oojimaflip like this.
  14. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Luxury yacht, eh? The market really seems to be opening up for those, these days... :D

15. vicomt

vicomt Captain

I must admit, I really do like the Selene, and since seeing it, I wanted to build something yachtlike.... I'm still not sure whether to call Orphamiel a super-yacht, or a hyper-yacht. All I know is it's going to be big. :D

Tyrax Lightning, Siege Inc. and Kieve like this.
  16. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Gonna share a little secret with you - the Selene did not come out nearly as "luxurious" as I intended. The engine room is too grungy, the private quarters are too small, the medbay is a joke... for all the work I put into updating that design, it's barely a step above "Basic Survival SV" in my eyes. Perhaps the Endymion LXS will turn out better. Or the Erelim, if we get some proper gold textures back and I can resume working on it.

...Anyway, really looking forward to whatever you guys come up with. I ran a search for yachts a few days back and found a couple that looked particularly inspiring - maybe they'll help you out?
    g1om8Qs.jpg luxusyacht_artikel.jpg Philippe_Gaulier_Concept_Art_CloudAtlas_Hydrofoil-Boat.jpg
    We desperately need some 3x1 and 4x1 angle blocks in this game (with matching windows).

17. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I've been running some trials testing out bases and my jeep HV. The first trial I turned the drone presence up to normal and drone base attack to medium but it wasn't very challenging. The wooden pre-fab base with a single turret was able to fend off drone attacks too easily and I didn't see any drones patrolling. For the next trial I've set drone presence to high and drone base attack to hard. So far I've run into a few drones while out collecting resources but I was expecting more. Honestly, I would classify the number of drones I've run into as normal activity, not high.

I've taken to digging out a hole and backing my jeep in when mining. Came in useful when a rocket drone came to see what I was doing. My jeep HV did pretty well. It handles a lot better than that crappy bike and it's more mobile which I like. I ran into a small snag though........the small constructors can't make ammo for the gatling gun/miniguns. I view this as an oversight. Small constructors absolutely should be able to make ammo of all types.

Player progression was set to normal but it goes by pretty quick. If it's going to go that quickly I don't see a need to make bases that unlock at level 1 really. I'll probably make a couple but I think the majority of what I make will be level 3+. Based on my experiences so far I made an upgraded version of my jeep HV that comes with a minigun turret and a fridge(unlocks at level 5 instead of 3 but it will be more useful this way). Anyways, I have enough resources now to build a couple different types of bases so I made a backup of my save. I'm going to find a nice spot between a couple POIs and place another wooden base and watch the fireworks. Then I'll reload my save from the backup and try that again with a concrete base.

At some point I might have to see about editing the .yaml files like Scoob was doing for a real challenge. ;)

Edit: I spoke too soon about how easy it was! I found the MS Titan mid section while wandering around. It wasn't far from the drone base but there was only 1 drone guarding the wreckage. I thought this will be easy. Nope! Every drone I killed another would fly in and each drone shot down summoned a troop transport. That thing is crawling with bad guys right now. I'm going to need more firepower. I did get my bunker up and running though. I placed it on the mountaintop right between the Titan wreckage and the drone base. Got 4 turrets set up on the roof, supplied with ammo, and ready to go. Let's rumble.

Edit 2: Most of the bad guys wandered off by the time I got back. The minigun on my jeep made short work of the rest(once I took manual control....man that thing needs a new contractor for the aiming and guidance systems). Looted the crates but the wreck was invulnerable to the multi-tool. :(

Also, drone wrecks....or really any corpse with loot on it needs to stick around a lot longer.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  18. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Today, I started learning how to modify sector and playfield yamls. There's some great tools available out there, probably time to compile them into a single master thread/list.

Also, I finished the aft primary hull. and sealed it in glorious truss. 16050 blocks, so far.

[​IMG]

The cross-shaped ship is one of my Starfish, which are orbital construction spotlight SVs.

19. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Would that be a USS Cygnus you're building?

20. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Mmmmmaaaaayyybbbbbbe. :)