What has been your 'you better would have told me that before' game moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Razamataz

Razamataz Ensign

I created something from blueprint that took hours and thought "I'll spawn it next time", logged out. Next time it wasn't there. It would have been nice to have been warned "If you logout now, you will lose any unspawned items in the factory". A couple of hours in multiplayer just went up in smoke. It felt like I'd just been wasting my hard earned time off!

Thor'sHammer likes this.
  2. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Scruffles! :D! Too funny!

I too was confused about the drone and didn't realize when people were referring to doing something with it like mining.

I was like "Huh?? You can use a Drone to do mining?? How the hell do you catch one when they're shooting rockets at you??? Do you have to tame it?"

Same with the Factory. I probably had hundreds of hours in the game before I ran across a post telling someone how it worked. I was going "WHAT?? I didn't know this??!" Felt pretty stupid.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    cmguardia likes this.
  3. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

You know what Murphy's Wife said? That Murphy was an optimist ...

Westworld likes this.
  4. nanomatrix

nanomatrix Ensign

Pressing the 'W' harder doesn't make your ship go faster...

5. tony hug

tony hug Commander

yeh yeah - everyone knowns you have to 'pump' the W key to make the ship go faster!

Westworld and nanomatrix like this.
  6. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Why I thought it was Ctrl+Shift+W pumped repeatedly. See what I know? Apparently nothing.

Westworld and tony hug like this.
  7. hydrogenmissle

hydrogenmissle Ensign

AHAHHAA i actually have a funny story. i didnt realise that suits had their own oxygen tanks, so when i ran out of oxygen on my sv and in my suit while walking around the moon for the first time i knew i was screwed. so i took my helmet off looked back at the temperate world and screamed dramatically until i died LOL, a friend of mine was watching me when that happened it was one of the funniest things ive done in the game. Maybee the game told me lol idk must not have been paying attention but it was still funny

8. Thor'sHammer

Thor'sHammer Commander

Love it! I can picture you standing there looking at the Planet longingly ... all that oxygen right in front of me and I can't reach it ...!

Westworld likes this.
  9. Deathlemming

Deathlemming Ensign

It took years before I realised that when large lumps of blocks fell off structures I took apart they could actually be picked up. I just considered it lost but actually that is the desired way to take something apart as it saves you tons of time and MT ammo.

Westworld, DuLux and Thor'sHammer like this.
  10. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

I think the game should have help pops available. And think the planet info panel should be open by default.

Reason: I went down to a planet to get zascosium and the gravity was like 4g. I was stuck, died and had to start over. Don't make search for this. Use the stats you already have in the control panel to pop up something up that flashes in the lower left and if you mouse over it, say "Warning high gravity. You need 15mn more thrust to escape it. And is it advised you do not exit your vehicle"

DuLux likes this.
  11. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Did you know that you can...
    toggle the tintage of a window by chosing Change&Rotate in your multitool T2, point at the window block and then simply click LMB to toggle wether the window is tinted or not? A non-tinted window increases the visibility to the outside considerably. Per default, heavy windows will be tinted but maybe that's not what you want, now you'll know what you have to do :)
    A non-tinted heavy window will read "Window xyz inverted" which is very misleading because you'd think you have to rotate the window, but that's wrong.
    Anoter hidden feature to add to your bag of tricks - and as always: knowing it before would have been better of course...

Slam Jones and DuLux like this.
  12. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Another vote for this one.

Also I wish I knew how efficient it is to harvest canned vegetables.

I think the skull means mortal.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    Germanicus likes this.
  13. Fenris

Fenris Commander

Personally, I'd love some non tinted glass. There have been many times I don't want tint on either side and um stuck tying to figure out which side I will be looking through less. Hmmm... off to suggestions :D

14. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

In other words, what you want is a glass of whysky half-full but at the same time not half-empty :)

15. willderyes

willderyes Ensign

Apparently, I am not everyone, because I never got the memo about that.

16. Wanev

Wanev Lieutenant

Need to better explain structural integrity and the associated feature in the "n" debug menu... and as others have said, a better explanation on the "n" menu in general.

17. Zyba

Zyba Ensign

Prefab vehicles aren't necessarily complete. I.e., was so excited to finally get off the starter world after making a sweet looking prefab explorer only to immediately freeze to death shortly after entering space. Lots of resources gone.

Also don't start on the ice planet for your first game, you can't use the tent for warmth so you must be prepared to loop die every night til you can somehow make a heater

18. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

Today using the teleporter in the start zone asteroid field.

Was taken to the Omicron space station and could not find the teleporter again due to getting disoriented exploring the space station.

The mission quest takes you to a gambler on the station who will not complete the mission unless you have gold coins, which you cannot get on the station. You can buy gold bars but no production ability so no way to turn them into coins. On the starter planets gold bars are like ... well ... gold dust!

That is my wish you told me earlier moment for today ... you want WHAT!?

I did find my way back eventually when by luck I passed the hatch to the teleporter when scouring the base cargos for gold coins! Then I got the gold coins went back and found the gambler was not the contact and the actual contact has no marker to show who they are...

The other thing I wished I knew about the interface & for a long time didnt was that shift + action key auto-loots corpses.

Also ctrl + W sets throttle/speed.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
  19. teammate

teammate Ensign

My biggest gotcha was not realising that armour had durability. I was playing through missions wondering why so many things were killing me in one or two hits, despite having heavy armour with upgrades. It wasn't until the next mission I realised that my armour had zero durability and needed repairing. I feel like this could be made more obvious somehow, like adding a warning symbol to the inventory icon or something.

Edit: Also didn't find the "L" helmet light until way too late

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    Wellingtoon and Slam Jones like this.