What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Hector G

Hector G Commander

Moving inventory from base to CV back to base when moving to new planets. About as fun as moving in real life.

Tyrax Lightning and Mortlath like this.
  2. SyraphX

SyraphX Lieutenant

I wish the rotation of block would be easier... After building a 13k cube CV... it is such a pain to get the right orientation sometime.
    Never thought I would use Insert and Home on my keyboard so much. It can get very frustrating sometimes.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. GasBandit

GasBandit Commander

The biggest thing that drives me away from this game is there being no automatic way to repair blocks that are completely destroyed in combat. When a ship is large and complex, getting all the missing blocks back again is difficult and time consuming.

All too often it's less of a hassle (but still a monumental hassle) to just break the ship down and rebuild a fresh one from blueprint... although the lack of a way to break down a ship faster than 1 block at a time is also a shortcoming (maybe a block like the repair bay is needed, but instead, it is a deconstruction bay that deposits parts in a cargo block?).

The way things work out, I'll only risk my most basic, low grade ships in combat because repairing a larger, intricate ship is far, far too tedious.

4. Jonofwrath

Jonofwrath Ensign

Manually recycling your current ship(s) / base / HV(s) so you can use their resources for your next ship. An SV / HV Multi-Tool would help a lot by speeding up the process.

5. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

A couple least fun things are trying to walk around on a moving ship and not being able to rotate a copied section of blocks.

6. GasBandit

GasBandit Commander

I had a thought on how to address this.

Rather than actually deleting the block at 0 hp, weapon damage could apply a "destroyed" status flag, which would make the block invisible (or perhaps change to a "destroyed" block model that is mostly empty space) and turn off its function, collision, and lose its airtightness. It could then be repaired by multitool or repair bay.

This way, repairing becomes far less onerous, but enemies can still "shoot through" destroyed blocks to things behind it.

Behemoose, Hicks42, iAdmiral and 2 others like this.
  7. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Yeah. Why do I want enemies to be able to shoot through a block anyways. In a good sci fi world there would be a shield to fill the space to prevent loss of air and prevent ingress of weapon fire.

8. GasBandit

GasBandit Commander

Well, that becomes a balance issue. A destroyed block should not confer any benefits other than being a placeholder for easy repairing. Otherwise, you could just encase your ship in a layer of "destroyed" blocks to make it unassailable.

The "destroyed" status I describe maintains the game's combat dynamic and balance, while addressing the issue of repairs being tedious. What you describe is just ghetto god-mode.

9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Sounds like an interesting idea. :)

rucky likes this.
  10. RMHaney

RMHaney Lieutenant

For me as a new player, out of all of the AMAZING things this game does, far and away the two most irritating, least fun things to do are:

1) Inventory sorting
    2) Inventory transfer

I'm hearing that inventory systems are in the works. I have to imagine y'all are sick of comparisons to SE, buuuuuuut SE has an absolutely fabulous pipe/conveyer system that allows the linking of all inventories on a grid, AND allows inventory "docking" so grids can share with each other. That coupled with an extremely user-friendly in-game programming tool (where you can download codes for specific tasks directly from the Workshop with no intelligence required) allows for some fantastic automation. For this game I'd LOVE to see the ability to set minimum component/device levels, supply a cargo crate with raw ores, and have the base automatically refill those minimum quotas and send the items to the correct locations.

Empyrion is already moving in the right direction with the Control Panel screen. One thing that could happen, in my mind, is to simply allow this screen to act as a PC desktop where I can open several "inventory" folders for devices at once and click-drag items between them.

Tyrax Lightning and Mortlath like this.
  11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Until SE finally sets your Computer on fire. :p

With that said, the point is still valid & being able to sort & manage Inventory better will definitely be welcomed by us all, especially if done in a way that can also cooperate with Control Freakism. :)

oojimaflip and RMHaney like this.
  12. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

It is good, but it also cripples large ships.

13. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

Filling in missing blocks of destroyed ship definitely, but there's 1 more routine thing: typing in IP for dedicated server. Even if i don't close the client i have to type the 127.0.0.1 every time. I can't even imagine what my friend has to do, propably keeps copy/paste string ready in some separate text file? Must be fun. I mean a saved list of recently joined servers wouldn't hurt to have.

Mortlath likes this.
  14. punkspecs

punkspecs Ensign

I'm hoping the devs wouldn't mind considering a few things I've thought up.

Building/Creative
    Task: Copying a part of a vehicle/base from one part to another, but it requires a mirror not a rotation:
    Suggestion: Pasting that allows for mirroring (in addition to the rotation that we can do now)
    Task: Getting around large structures in creative:
    Suggestion: Being able to fly through structures with some sort of toggle command (e.g "jellowalls", or something)
    Task: Finding why a vehicle or base requires material X:
    Suggestion: Being able to have a "debug" check box that shows what pieces are using a certain metal (e.g. highlight all blocks/items that use cobalt)
    Task: Finding where an oxygen leak is:
    Suggestion: Modifying the "show oxygen" in the debug to show when air is "moving" out of a room. Maybe having the O2 markers drift towards the nearest leak, and be red?
    Task: Leveling the ground before spawning in a base
    Suggestion: Allow us to check off a box to add time to the build in exchange for leveling the ground on spawn.

Game Stuff
    Task: Toggling signals/custom signals in a vehicle using the control panel:
    Suggestion: Being able to add signals buttons when piloting vehicles to the action bar (e.g being able to map a signal to turn *some* thrusters off [after I've reached max speed] to save fuel, turn on/off turrets, creating a "Low-Power mode" signal)
    Task: Working with signals and getting events to happen when we'd like:
    Suggestion: More events that we can add signals to for vehicles (e.g. sitting in a pilot seat as a signal to close/lock all doors/ramps, door open/close states as signals). Also, allow "ON" and "OFF" to be triggered by different signals.
    Task: Refilling/changing energy items for generators
    Suggestion: Enable shift-click to move energy items (just one at a time) back and forth
    Task: Re-joining a co-op server
    Suggestion: Save co-op IP/server information in "Recently connected servers". If the server is not online, hide it in the list.

General Suggestions:
    Idea: Ore scanner outline modified to also show relative ore density -- because it'd just be cool to look at

Suggestion: Changing the hue of ore outlines based on percentage of resources in the deposit (e.g. a blob that has 20% of the remaining ore deposit maybe looks bright blue, whereas something that has 2% might be light-blue)

Idea: Make some minerals inherent in the ground
    Suggestion: Certain planet types could have some metals/materials inherent in the ground (e.g. silicon is relatively abundant in the outer crust of temperate planets, so can be found with other metals or while mining to them and we can open up the game to more metals like aluminum, and subsequently different craftables)

15. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Sapping. Tunneling under POIs is the safest, most "efficient" (in terms of XP and salvage gained) and also the least exciting. Some ideas to spice it up:

1. Design some POIs so that they have some underground traps/defenses that the sapper will have to work through.

2. Provide a handheld "rock vaporizer cannon," which is about as expensive as a Repair Station to build (even moreso would be fine), is a one time use only tool, and it carves through about 350meters of rock creating a nearly perfect (and smouldering) cylindrical tunnel in the direction the player was pointing it when it is fired. It would have no effect on non-rock.

16. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

For me it's 2 things, but both equally simple and annoying to me:
    Motorbike doesn't go back to hotbar when picked up
    Always have to switch back to first person when exiting cockpit.

I also navigate in ships using 3rd p and have to constantly switch to that. For fighting I do use first person to aim so can't moan that much lol

dichebach likes this.
  17. dogk

dogk Ensign

BY FAR AND A LONG WAY:

setting targeting preferences for each gun separately

- PLEASE let us do this by GROUP

Mortlath, rucky and dichebach like this.
  18. Swivel Eyed Loon

Swivel Eyed Loon Ensign

Having to grind for level

19. Swivel Eyed Loon

Swivel Eyed Loon Ensign

and this:
    We limited the spawn of blueprints via F2: for spawning a CV you need enough place on a base, for spawning SV, HV you need enough space on a base or CV > you cannot spawn anymore a CV, SV, HV in the middle of the nature. This is the first step towards a physical shipyard for spawning blueprints. What do you think?
    no fun at all
    i only spawn my bp's and i start with an hv then an sv then cv then finaly when i found a good system a small space station 100k in deep space just for food and parking all my cv's

20. Swivel Eyed Loon

Swivel Eyed Loon Ensign

Oh yer and why cant the first 9 items in you back pack go straight baack in your hot bar the amount of time if die to some creatur that just killed me wile trying to get my ghuns back in my hot bar is BS