What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. monfry87

monfry87 Ensign

Hello devs, great work with this game, it s awesome.
    According to me the least fun thing is "feeding" the base with fuel and collect O2 and H2 from generators.
    The solution for H2 and O2 can be to attach generators to the base like other devices and not be free standing blocks in the water.
    For base feeding, while we wait for solar pannels, there s no much to do, but I d appreciate a warning (like base drone raids) that warn me my base ll finish fuel in 30 min or 10 min.
    Thank you guys!

2. Nookriot

Nookriot Ensign

This. Also container searches.

3. Gunslingersullivan

Gunslingersullivan Ensign

Painting and texturing this should be made easier. possible use the drone and what you can see in the drone view will be colour and texture everything. Still want to be able to detail parts by gun.

4. Russell

Russell Commander

Cargo box modules that hook up to constructors for auto feeding of ores and components. Re separate smelter suggestions, why not just build a second constructor to handle load?

5. Saxondragon

Saxondragon Ensign

As it stands right now, there are two features that tend to eat time for no or little reward.

1. As mentioned above by Russell.. having to visually inspect your craft for damaged blocks. My suggestion is a generic "Repair" option that will cover the entire vehicle/ship.

2. Food system - specifically having to stop suddenly .. go make food, eat, then return. In the end, also mentioned elsewhere, most food is useless. Finding food is great for the early game where survival is key, but later in mid game, is does not add to the game play but detracts from it.

Suggestions:
    1. You want a food option, that is not exceptionally difficult to create (ie.. not the emergency rations we use now), where the player can create and stack food that will last a significantly long time. Space Rations for example.. where the player combines wheat, meat, tomatoes and corn mixed with plastic that lasts 1400 minutes.
    2. Add timed buffs to certain foods to make them more desirable. Seaweed Pie for example may decrease your oxygen use by 10% for 60 minutes. Expanding this system to interlace with other systems would be interesting. Especially if you have to find the recipes.

6. Russell

Russell Commander

Modules for constructors, available on tech tree to upgrade performance of constructor.

7. Blackswan109

Blackswan109 Ensign

Dismantling ships for parts, it takes hours, would love it if there was a disassemble block that could do it for you but keeps the blocks it dismantles in its inventory

8. Russell

Russell Commander

Auto feed of elements from processor to fridge and back and from cargo boxes and constructor. Why not have constructor take over role of food processor, even if via module.

9. Davidis

Davidis Ensign

Spawning newly created capital ships.

It would be really nice if a cap ship was built in some form of ship yard rather than spawn in. Or at least have the option to.

10. Russell

Russell Commander

This thread has expanded a little to include game suggestions, but an added complexity involving marketplace, gold and credits, could be that we should have to earn/purchase a HV/SV/CV vessel licence before being able to fly. This would be ideal for SP use of marketplace/admin.

Perhaps a similar system for gaining approval for each level of base expansion.

XeroTerragoth likes this.
  11. Danarchist

Danarchist Ensign

The most annoying thing for me is repairing my ship after a dust-up. I tend to download allot of designs from the workshop because I have 0 artistic ability myself. The problem is once that 8-angle piece nose gets blown off it I have to spend an hour floating in space trying to repair the bloody thing back to original.
    My idea on this would add a function to the t2 multi-tool that replaces the pieces automatically as long as i have the blocks in inventory. Programmatically I wonder if you could attach some sort of blueprint memory to the core of vehicles spawned from blueprints so it could "remember" original configuration. That way you could just carry some extra combat armor blocks around and replace on the fly.
    Currently if I lose too much of the original shape in a disagreement with a plasma cannon I don't have to scrap out and rebuild my vehicle. Tons of annoying moving crap from one to the other. Plus i lose my awesome custom paint jobs, the paaaiiiin!

12. Xentor

Xentor Captain

Simple Gae mechanical Actions: none.
    they are aprt of a Survival Game. I want not play a Screensaver. So, in my eyes it is ok like it is now.

GammerThumbs and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

Painting and Texturing (all every single block..a fill area mode would be nice)
    removing block in both survival and creative (symmetry removing, drag and remove in creative)
    constantly running out of block in creative (creative minecraft is good example how it should be)

14. Eliteace

Eliteace Captain

Core being targeted direct with weapons and instant shut of base defenses

15. Caiden!

Caiden! Lieutenant

Surviving?

It encompasses a few things... but there is no reason to adventure, or attack bases, or build defensive turrets.
    We have a capital ship and some fighters.
    Getting resources is simple, drones are no threat, and bases just give more of the same.
    We don't need special guns because the enemies aren't a threat.

There's no motivation to adventure, or go to other planets. Once you have a small base and some defenses... that's it. You're done.
    It's like Creative mode but you have to eat every 5 minutes.
    Yes, it is possible to mod servers and bases, but it's not straight forward, and I shouldn't have edit files to make things enjoyable.
    I love this game, and I am looking forward to more updates, but for now my group just isn't interested in playing in a static world.

Kyrt Malthorn likes this.
  16. garath

garath Lieutenant

The single most annoying thing for me that isn't really fun is flattening the huge 30 x 50 = 1500 squares to make the landing pad for my capital vessel. I wish that I could instead put down a marker on the 4 corners and delegate the task to some sort of robot that would do the work while I'm away doing something else.

Expanding this to include some earlier comments, it would be so cool if I could do this:

1. Set markers at the 4 corners
    2. Dig out just one square
    3. Put down a block
    4. Color it
    5. Texture it
    6. Tell the 'bot to level all the space inside the 4 corners and then put down the matching blocks with the same color and texture.

Obviously, for gameplay reasons, this couldn't happen immediately. Still, even if it took a fairly long amount of time to do, it would be cool for this to happen while I was doing other things.

17. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

The point of this thread is to post ONE thing that is the LEAST liked in the game. Stop making multiple posts of different things, and dont make lists of suggestions.

18. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

As a player...
    Task: Picking my garden
    Reason: repetitive clicking
    Suggestion: allow holding mouse button while sprinting thru garden to collect

As an admin...
    Task: returning to where I was when a player called for help
    Reason: have to use three seperate commands (sector, teleport and teleport to coordinates)
    Solution1: add a command for admin to "return to Home"
    Solution2: add teleport commands over telnet and I'll program it myself.

19. Finch871

Finch871 Ensign

Generally I love the game, so fare the best what I was playing from a long time.
    The least fun single task action in the game right now for me is the crops harvesting I would love to see an automatic harvesting system.
    The second least fun single task action in the game right now is to sort my inventory out in the cargo boxes and than put everything back to the constructor. Also an auto sorting system would be wonderful.

Thanks for asking ;)

20. Thaggresh

Thaggresh Ensign

Having to get out of an HV to collect fiber or pentaxid is rather annoying. Maybe adding a feature to the harvest module to collect said resources.

Along those lines, I am still rather unsure about the intended use of the harvest module.