What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

That's odd, I have no issue enabling/disabling NV while piloting. Are you maybe activating them from the hotbar? If you just have them in your inv, they cycle with the shoulder light- "F" once= light, "F" twice= NV, "F" third= off.

monktk likes this.
  2. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

L twice is default for me

monktk likes this.
  3. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Yeah, I rebound the key "F" for "flashlight"- at my age, the little reminders help... ;) "L" should still work the same way, tho. Weird quirk. Like earlier today when I discovered my "Find" key also turns on the flashlight- even though it's not bound.

The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  4. malrose1

malrose1 Commander

Minor but annoying..... losing ammo from turrets if you wish to reposition... particularly if your resources are low. :(

5. hanni79

hanni79 Lieutenant

Large scale landscaping.

I strongly believe this could be a really fun Endgame activity, but right now it's enormously tedious.

I'm thinking about underground structures, or building into mountains.
    The capability to plant trees, grass and other plants yourself could be really nice as well.

I just ask myself if this were feasible with how the game works ...

6. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

That's odd. I can and do turn on might vision in all 3 cockpits. You have your helmet on?

7. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

yes

8. Track Driver

I was pretty sure you did, but it was the only thing I've encountered for nightvision not to work. Sorry.

9. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Having my jetpack turn off every time I bump into something in creative mode...

Sephrajin and Track Driver like this.
  10. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Withdraw the ammo first in cp?

11. Track Driver

That removes ammo from the Ammo Box, not from the turret. As I understand it, from Hummel-O-War, once ammo is loaded, it becomes a value instead of an item, and cannot be removed. Whether this will be changed in the future, I don't know.

monktk likes this.
  12. Spirit_OK

Spirit_OK Captain

That's weird, because we can remove O2 and Fuel in the form of objects..

13. Track Driver

I don't fully understand the process. When you check Ammunition on the CP, all you see are what's in the Ammo Boxes, excluding any ammo in the turret magazines.

You can turn off the O2 system and the volume of O2 that filled your base or vessel will return to the tanks and can be extracted. The same is not true with Turrets. Turn them off and the ammo DOES NOT RETURN to the Ammo Box. As I said, perhaps the Devs can change this. I hope they do.

Captain Jack II likes this.
  14. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Maybe find something to shoot up the remaining ammo on, like wildlife and get some meat, assault a POI or drone?
    In mid-game such ammo are no worry, mostly. Early game you often use cheap ammo anyway.

15. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

Earlier, I wrote that the least fun aspect right now would be the Flattening mode of the T2 and Debug drills, because it is so freaking slow and boring and because it won't even give us Crushed Rock for the time and effort.

I still feel this way. However, another aspect of the game which is almost as frustratingly slow and boring is how it is necessary to dig out many, many metric tons of earth in order to uncover the mostly-buried Front, Mid and Back sections of the Titan wreckage. It takes freak'n forever to dig these up if we want to salvage these block by block! It's such a chore that I know many (most?) players don't even bother to salvage them, aside from looting the containers and maybe taking what's valuable or easily accessible on the surface.

In contrast, salvaging enemy bases that have been disabled is a piece of cake. Even if an enemy base is buried deep into the ground, the interior is dirt-free. We can salvage these without even equipping a digging tool!

Granted, I can appreciate that these sections might get slightly buried from the impact - from the speed and angle of descent. However, the Titan sections are mostly buried, as in more than halfway. What's worse is how the interior is filled with dirt, as if these sections had matter-phased into the ground (ala Star Trek) rather than impact with the ground at speed. There isn't even a crater, meteor-style trail, or pile of dirt around it.

For now, I propose that the Titan sections be changed so that they are almost completely above ground. You can have them buried, but I'd say no more than 10% to 20% at most. Otherwise, they're not worth the effort to salvage. Later, if you feel like it, you could try to make it more like an impact, such as with piled-up dirt or something or maybe even make the interior mostly dirt-free. You can hide the Core underground. I don't care. What's important is to make salvaging them a reasonable task instead of frustratingly difficult.

monktk and Track Driver like this.
  16. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

Not that this will make you feel any better, but mining turrets on HV's make it a cake walk.

17. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

Repairing stuff.

For ships it is a pain because if a block gets completely blown off, there's no easy way to put it back. I wouldn't mind having to supply materials to repair blown off parts but there needs to be a way to repair to blueprint.

For bases it is less of a problem since I usually can wipe out drones pretty quick. But a base I just built on Aestis gets hit hard by drone waves and they shoot plasma indiscriminately at the top of the base (trying to get to the core). Even though my lasers take them out quick they get off at least two plasma volleys before they go down. The number of blocks that get damaged can be huge, I can have like 70 blocks that all need to be repaired. This is tedious to wander around outside and repair them.

I actually avoid unnecessary combat against POI's or patrol vehicles because I hate repairing my SV. To me that's a sign it is tedious. Again I wouldn't mind if there was more of a cost instead of the multitool which is practically "free" but it is tedious to do large scale repairs.

For a base or CV there could be "repair drone" technology that slowly goes around and repairs stuff (or it is just a feature of the base). Or something from the control panel where you can just do a repair of everything if you have the materials. The repair should take time to do, sort of like the blueprint factory, so it doesn't really help during an attack, and a second attack can happen before the base is done being fixed.

I disagree with others that say "mining", in fact I think it is unrealistically easy to drain an entire resource deposit so quickly.

Agree on pentaxid collection, especially now that it is needed for ammo. Trips take way too much, should be like 1 pentaxid per 10 AU or something like that. If you really want people to explore and move around, don't punish them for it.

monktk, GoldDragon and Thundercraft like this.
  18. ldog

ldog Commander

Unlocking techtree.

19. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

While I agree on the 'repair missing blocks' thing....
    You are awarwe of those repair blocks for BA/CV?

Further, once you reach level 12+ simply put an autominer t1 upon a penta ore resource..

The next day, you're served with enough penta to do 2 full (default) system tours!

Just saying, hth

20. malkintent

malkintent Ensign

I know the ask was for the ONE LEAST fun thing. After reading through all 30 pages to see what others are experiencing, I have to say that for me that one thing is materials management - it would be nice if we could have drones unload cargo/harvest and shift resources to constructors. Maybe it could even warn you when your base/cv/sv/hv is about to run out of fuel/o2.