What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Don Degow

Don Degow Ensign

I think the worst activity is to search underwater for alien plasma (for healing) and refined pentaxid (as a bonus in most cases)
    There is no way to grow our own alien plasma, it probably is what makes it worse.

2. JinM

JinM Lieutenant

Pulling freshly constructed food out of the processor to prevent it from spoiling. I mean if I cook 30 hamburgers at once and then come back when everything is crafted the first 5 are allready rotten.

Buuuh likes this.
  3. Dragazhar

Dragazhar Lieutenant

I would have to say... looking for eggs. ... for meds. You may not find them on a planet you land on. Typically you can find them on the first planet but searching for them is tedious. Is there a way to add a slight animal husbandry to the game? Maybe just a 'pen' you can build that when supplied with some organic feed material .. that they can act like a water generator and produce meat and eggs for you from a type of ground fowl you can find on temperate planets.

Thundercraft likes this.
  4. Dandere

Dandere Commander

You can manufacture it out of alien parts, bro.

5. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Still having to manually split ammo evenly across each ammo box, even a year after the 'Fill All' Ammo button has been implemented.

Would be so easy to fix too :(

6. Rifter

Rifter Lieutenant

Yeah it should spread it out evenly by default. putting it all in one and then using them in order is not very smart at all.

7. Redchemlight

Redchemlight Ensign

Inventory management. It would be nice to have a system that 1) I can set an item as locked so it stays in a particular inventory, then 2) everything else is automatically unloaded if a spot has been reserved for it. I'm imagining something like being able to fence off a certain space in a container to have armor or weapons or ammo or ore or whatever moved there from my vehicle once I dock. Even better would be to have ore automatically moved to a Furnace, but I suppose baby steps are in order.

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If you are not completely ignorant of the CP you would stay at your Harvester/Ship click on the appropiate Box unload what you want, turn around, focus the Base Floor open the CP and choose the right Box/furnace to transfer the "unload" stuff where you it should be.
    So, no need to complicate things even further for our stress riddled Devs;)

9. Buuuh

Buuuh Commander

Oh yeah, i also wondered why they couldn't make the food processer cooling, Maybe at least the output slots so that you can't misuse these slots as a fridge, as you can not manually place items there.
    But on the other side, if you build 30 hamburgers at once, depending on the state of you ingredients, the first meet in the input panel might also be rotten, before the 30st hamburger was processed.

10. JinM

JinM Lieutenant

Maybe I just need another stove instead of expecting to get everything done with only one.

11. Damocles

Damocles Captain

Looking through own nipples (camera height placement)

12. Den

Den Ensign

It is a bit more complicated. Far as I figured, the declared "small block is 50cm and large one is 2m"... might be right, but in this case, the astronaut figure is the size of a small child. The best example would be trying to design ones own SV, have fun. Points to notice: point of view from open cockpit, doing a "1m" (2 blocks?) high table and walking up to it etc. Needless to say, you somehow pass through the door 3 small blocks high. See where this is going?

I understand this is for the purpose of going easy on the collision calc. This is not the way to implement player movement. I did design my SV for a dwarf that I am allright, but it bothers me : (

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  13. Den

Den Ensign

In fact, since one of the recent updates, cooking stations act as fridges for both ingredients and output. At last.

14. Buuuh

Buuuh Commander

Yep, don't know what update but i got hints from other threads, that the food processor does cooling in the recent versions. Tested it: works.

15. Damocles

Damocles Captain

Its all relative. How the block size is considered to be etc.
    But if you stand close to an object and look forward, you can see (when comparing 1rst and 3rd person views) that the camera has the height of the player models chest.
    So either the playermodels need to shrink or the camera needs a higher placement.
    It shows a lack of attention to details and scales.

And once you dont adhere to scales, all other artwork later created will also be off.
    That works in a stylized comic-graphics game. But Empyrion clearly tries to have objects based in realistic dimensions and style.

One of the first things to do in developing the graphics for a game is to determine a unit scale.
    For example, the player is 1.80 m high. The camera then is about 1.65m high.
    One unit (position float number) is 1m (or 10 units are 1 meter, or 1 unit is 1 foot, whatever is easiest for the implementation and most convenient for everyone involved).
    So the camera will be placed at a height of 1.65 units. And go from there.

The artists can then use a dummy player in their modeling scene to quickly check the scale of their model. Else it would require scaling later, witch can be a hassle.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  16. hanrahan6

hanrahan6 Ensign

Flying around a planet looking for resources. I just spent about an hour just flying around a Lava planet and I am not even halfway done. Very boring.....

17. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

And if you find some POIs (or ore), sometimes the need of slow digging of rock and dirt to get to devices and such.
    POIs of wrecks could be placed higher. Also some are angled, so a bit worse to make it into a base.

18. Fuzzlewhumper

Fuzzlewhumper Ensign

I'd have to say the drone control is my biggest un-fun experience. When I press a key to make it move, it does BUT when I let off the key the drone continues movement and I'm left trying to get it to angle right for a block placement. Maybe press shift or ctrl to fine tune move the drone?

Perhaps I'm just being stupid, I'll try lowering mouse sensitivity tonight, maybe I can fix my own problem. If not, then something to make the drone less twitchy to control.

19. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Making a cool community 'base' to a POI...
    Enter: Code 0... over 700 times (for 2 POIs though).

Suggestion:
    Would be cool if that could work like the Lights ;)

Germanicus likes this.
  20. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

What would be cool, is "no code" means "open to public" by default! I mean ... its only logic ... no code set? anyone can open it! ARG who came up with 0000 = anyone can open it. To me, that means you have to walk up to the device and type in 0000 to open it...