What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Javier Rodriguez

Javier Rodriguez Lieutenant

I'm convinced that the devs at some point this year, started smoking crack with all the early access sales.

dichebach and Track Driver like this.
  2. Morrigan

Morrigan Lieutenant

While there are currently a couple of things that are nonsensically annoying, tedious, or down right awful in the play experience (And, let me emphasize, are UNUSUAL, since the majority of the game is fantastic) the single most awful task is digging out POI's from "flat" terrain that logically should be occupied by the blocks I subsequently have to disassemble. It's awful, flat awful, having to swap between tools to remove a POI block, then swap again to the drill to clear out 8 cubic meters of terrain, then back again to remove a single block, etc.
    For the love of voxels, it makes no sense for occupied space to be doubly occupied by solid materials and ground. And yet, if I expect to have even the most basic CV I have to resign myself to salvaging a dozen wrecked ships with a repeating cycle of 8 cubic meters, 1 block, 8 cubic meters, another block, over and over again. There has to be a way to erase the voxels for non-base blocks while leaving the dirt in the "air" blocks of the structures. It wouldn't be so bad except I've had to do it over and over and over again all week and starting from scratch all over again with each hotfix because of file verification and old saves being rendered unusable.

dichebach and Javier Rodriguez like this.
  3. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Sucks, don't it?

dichebach likes this.
  4. Spirit_OK

Spirit_OK Captain

I believe there was a talk somewhere on forums about "no-blocks" that would disappear on BP spawn, so the spawned base would be solid at first and could safely displace dirt in all its volume right before the disappearing act.
    My run-in with a neutral PV in A9 from the continued A8 save left me wondering about invisible internal blocks shown with multitool as "50/50 container" and occupying otherwise empty spaces, so they are probably in the game even now, just not yet used for the ground BAs on planet generation.

5. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

Another thing that is time consuming and boring is trying to find asteroids. It shouldn't be too easy but it shouldn't be as time consuming as it is now.

6. Neurocite

Neurocite Ensign

Water- getting water for fuel is a painfull click fest. Maybe having a T2 version or better yet a base block that can be submerger in water. It seems to require an awfully lot of power just to scoop some water. I'm traveling around in a CV so having to drop water machines > fuel them> go do what I need to > take the water out> pick up the water machine. Is annoying

-pentaxia crystals into the warp tank. I have no idea why it's required to put them in one at a time . Why not just have one slot with a max stack .
    I've only been playing a couple of weeks but already put alot of hours in which speaks of the promise this game shows.

7. The Undead Watcher

The Undead Watcher Lieutenant

HV mining. Its tedious and infuriating to balance your HV while reaching the Ore depos. At least we got the Itemmenu and the Debug drill.

RhodeKill, NimrodX and Track Driver like this.
  8. HerpaDerp

HerpaDerp Ensign

I'm new to the game, but I come from a fair bit of online gaming such as EvE Online, Ark Survival etc.
    No game is without niggles / annoyances.
    My brother plays EGS and said that a lot of work has gone into inventory etc this time. But the thing I find frustrating is the pickup block option not putting it back on to the hotbar if the slot is empty.

I put something down, it's in the wrong place so I pick it up again, then have to go to inventory, drag it back to my hotbar so I can place it again.:(

9. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

@Morrigan (and others). If SP then you have the tool "command console". Some call it cheating, I call it make your own rules. Where hopefully they add functions to the game that reduces the need for this to avoid tedious tasks.
    setrotation ID 0,0,0
    setposition ID y+5
    First level the POI, where the middle is degrees so 180 rotates it in opposite direction.
    The second is position, where the easiest use is just to do relative to height with +-. Specific coords can be put in as the option x y z

The ID you find by one of these:
    "di" for getting coords on the HUD, also should give ID when look at a structure.
    "ents" for a list of entitioes and POI's around.
    Control Panel if possible ("gm iv" an option).

Mass/volume for cargo would have been the most tedious function in the game, but fortunately not activated by default yet. Creates just repetitive travel and annoying building requirements for storage.

10. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

You can shift click on a stack to fill the warp tank.

But yea it seems like the things that use energy items ought to use the same UI as fuel tanks.

11. Trendane

Trendane Lieutenant

My presumption has always been that it is, in essence, and artificial "cool down" period for the hyperdrive. While each of the other devices that use discrete fuel "doses" usually allow for large stacks of them, they use them in a very measured rate. With the hyperdrive, they're used up instantaneously. For me, it doesn't feel any different than if you had to wait for your navigation and propulsion systems to reset and re-plot a new course to the next leg of the jump.

After all, if you go by the lore of the story, trying to make one, big jump is what lead to you winding up in that escape pod in the first place.

SacredGlade likes this.
  12. TDplay

TDplay Ensign

You did buy into an Alpha game. The idea of Alpha is to tell players that the game is not finished, is unstable and will change.

13. TDplay

TDplay Ensign

From the control panel (P) there is a 'Fill All' button to fill it with pentaxid. Or just shift-click.

Neurocite likes this.
  14. EvilDave

EvilDave Lieutenant

Currently it's painting and texturing because without reason the darn things stop working and require you to start a new game and respawn your bp to get them working again.

15. Floridaskye

Floridaskye Ensign

Painting and texturing can be a bit painful, but I would have to say that my least favorite activity is traveling anywhere while stuck in a seat. This is especially compounded being in a CV when you have all these wonderful devices you can use if only you could walk around your ship (and yes I know you can do a lot of it through the P menu).

Maris likes this.
  16. EvilDave

EvilDave Lieutenant

That's funny - let me know when being a passenger crashes your game and ruins a blueprint you spent hours on, like painting does rn.

17. Floridaskye

Floridaskye Ensign

Can't say I've ever experienced that problem.

18. empvic

empvic Ensign

The thing that needs added most is so we can browse containers in the wifi dropdown list by using the arrowkeys or something else!
    To use the mouse to access the dropdown list and mouse Wheel to find the next container, over and over is a Royal pain..

19. James Grayson

James Grayson Lieutenant

I would say that harvesting plants from grow pots and water from water generators are the most tedious tasks right now.

On my server I have over 300 water generators that I manage and plan to put in a series of farms that total over 2000 grow plots.

What if you put in a large decide with volume and fuel requirements similar to a furnace that automatically harvested from grow plots?

It could spawn a drone similar to the F5 drone that flies around the base collecting plants. Perhaps you could limit one device/drone to a certain number of assigned grow pots that also have to be in range.

20. Atola

Atola Commander

Damm - thats a lot of water and food. Whats the need for that much?

NimrodX and Germanicus like this.