What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

They gave us pentaxid deposits to add, but we have to add them to a fresh new customized playfield (planet deposits, not the asteroids). Auto-miners work on them too. Maybe wipe your server's moon and add a few? The name is just PentaxidResource, set it up in the playfield.yaml with the other resources of that planet. I think there are also resource meteorites added for Pentaxid as well.

K, im done shotgun-posting on this thread. I promise! ^_^

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. freehotdawgs

freehotdawgs Lieutenant

I commented on the facebook page and said Swimming and finding seaweed was the least fun thing for me, but I also have to agree with a lot of people here and say that painting and texturing is a total pain in the butt. We need to be able to texture or paint an entire face of a structure instead of one block at a time. Or be able to create custom patterns like camouflage that would cover over a large area at once.

3. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

combat with the AI, always makes me cringe. That path-finding is so bad and they instantly hit you with their miniguns. Wish they would shoot lasers or other projectiles that you could potentially dodge at times. Same for the anti-personnel interior turrets.

But for an easier problem, mining with the hand drills..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  4. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

SHIFT + Right mouse click removes blocks fyi

5. Brett

Brett Lieutenant

Another comment I saw that was made much more tedious with the combination of the terraforming and drill tools is the terraforming.

<rant>

WHY DOES THE LEVELING TOOL ALWAYS LOWER TERRAIN TO THE LEVEL I'M STANDING ON, BUT ONLY RAISE IT IF IT'S LESS THAN A HALF-BLOCK BELOW ME?! This is made even worse now due to the requirement of going to the "function wheel" to switch between the "level" function and the "add terrain" function. At least you used to be able to right/left click with the terraforming tool.

There should be exactly one leveling function. It should always raise or lower the terrain to the level I'm standing on. Period. I don't care if I'm standing on the edge of a cliff and it has to raise the terrain from 300 meters below me!

</rant>

Rant aside, try getting on top of a mountain and leveling a 50x50 square area, then get back to me. It's an exercise in pure agony.

6. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Choice is easy. Painting & texturing big ships and bases. It's a pain, tedious and boring.
    Especially since a simple "bigger area" and "greater range" - option for the texture & color tools would fix the problem.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  7. oscar Dorian

oscar Dorian Ensign

To create interesting prominent figures and equipments

8. Stoickk

Stoickk Lieutenant

Building in creative mode. I absolutely love the game, and I love the block-by-block aspect of building vehicles up in survival mode. When I am in creative mode attempting to build (let alone paint or texture) large vehicles or structures though, I quickly grow frustrated and bored, save and exit, and play something else. Creative mode needs to be implemented with a point and click interface, similar in concept to Interstellar Rift.

9. DeeExpus

DeeExpus Ensign

Absolutely, unequivocally painting and texturing, its horrendous! Let me build with the texture already on the block I want, let me paint and texture in one pass, allow mirroring for both. Please.

Oh and you just HAVE to give us some more textures. Good lord, im sick to death of the same 3 floor and ceiling combos. Colours are too Garish too, lets have the ability to create our own pallettes? Pretty Please?

Other than that, and a few minor gripes, best game in the world. Ever.

:DX

10. KillSmith

KillSmith Ensign

I agree with the Painting/Texturing block by block. Maybe a structure-wide color or texture option?

Harvesting food one by one. Maybe a tool or add on to an existing tool where you can quickly harvest more food by holding down the mouse and looking at the food?

I'm not sure if it's a single-action, but I agree that there should be a quicker access bar to your vehicle/base. Maybe a toolbar up top with the key machinery when you hop in. E.g. constructors, fuel, ammo boxes, etc.

11. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Commander

He requested actions and lots of dumb ppl posting game mechanics and requests again and again...

The least fun single task for me is replacing missing blocks. (I dont even try to texture and paint stuff).
    I had suggested before that the cv entity remembers lost blocks, and repair block had inventory slots for you to put spare parts (just a friendly reminder)

Lhetre, Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  12. Apoapsis

Apoapsis Ensign

1. Mining ore with the T1 drill
    Finding seaweed to fuel it is a pain, and its very annoying to have to pick up the mined ore all the time. I feel like I don't have very good control over what part of the terrain the drill is going to remove/mine.
    The drill could be improved by making the fuel resource easier to find, and maybe have a small storage inventory on the drill to collect the mined ore that needs to be periodically emptied (the T2 drill could have a larger capacity).

2. Chasing down the beginner motorcycle when I get knocked off or accidentally jump off it and it slides into the bottom of a lake.
    Have the bike fall over when you jump off or fall off it, and come to a stop sooner. Maybe increase the power/brightness of the bike's headlights a little.

Jacoviz likes this.
  13. BoostHungry

BoostHungry Ensign

The lag, for the love of God the lag!!!

14. lowrads

lowrads Ensign

I don't really like having to go into the ship menu to enable/disable power on individual blocks. When I park a vehicle, I like to turn off everything except the fridge. That takes awhile.

I'm spoiled by another game that lets me drag blocks or groups as a macro to the ship hotbar. I want to at least be able to I/O my auto turrets from the hotbar.

Lhetre, Tyrax Lightning and Gatt like this.
  15. andargor

andargor Commander

Soldiers and daleks falling through the floor when you tunnel under a fortress and shoot you through walls because they no longer clip.

Not being able to tell my auto guns to stop shooting at the core, but shoot at guns and soldiers only.

Lhetre, Tyrax Lightning and Gatt like this.
  16. Fisher

Fisher Lieutenant

Who the F! are you to be calling people dumb? Congrats on your superior intellect. Yes, there are posts that don't fit the bill regarding the OP question. That's no excuse to be an ass.

Many people have different ideas/gripes about the game. It's all about input and balance.

Get off your high horse and stop calling people dumb.

Jacoviz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

When you make a report of someone being rude then don't be rude to us please via the report when we were not the ones bickering to begin with.

For everyone else please keep it civil!

I don't want to have to come back in here :eek:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/constructive-criticism

18. talamioros

talamioros Lieutenant

Having to MANUALLY trash 8 stacks of oxygen each time I want to harvest one stack of hydrogen.

19. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

I would say mining with the hand drills, either of them is just a pain.

And in building, painting and texturing, we need an area of effect and mirroring for those as well, and/or console commands to replace colors and textures for specific block or all...

Also a better way to delete in creative, delete an area would also be great.

Also mirroring of windows and thin blocks could be sorted out.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and Gatt like this.
  20. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Yea an option on the O2 gen to what we want as an output or even a different generator would be cool

Tyrax Lightning and Gatt like this.