Why I don't play Empyrion now

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by runlykhel, Mar 7, 2020.

1. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I lasted 33 minutes in SE before I was bored to death.

I am on hiatus from Empyrion atm, waiting for A12 to drop. I don't see much point in putting in the effort after having traversed all of A11, building bases, ships and HV's on every available planet. To me that as close to "winning" as it gets. So I await new things and new changes to pull me back in, because it is fun, until you've done everything there is to do 14 times.

Overall, Empyrion is the de facto space-survival-builder out there.

SE is Space OverEngineered, and just isn't fun.

Ephoie, Addy, RazzleWin and 1 other person like this.
  2. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Wow mate you lasted far longer then I did. :eek:
    It just felt too much like going back to work for me. I was retired, I sure didn't want to think so much just to make something.
    Right now Empyrion hasn't crossed that line for me yet. :)
    I think like others I'm waiting for v12 to drop. So I have slowed down until it does. Not playing anything else just writing my book until 12 comes out.

Ephoie likes this.
  3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I have a high tolerance for tedium. SE crossed that threshold at the 33 minute mark.

A book eh? The race is on - which will be completed first, your book or the A12 update ;-)

Ephoie likes this.
  4. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Oh I'm sure A12 will be out before I'm done. Already been working on it for almost two years as it is. :)

Ephoie likes this.
  5. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

Well you were right about one thing, I did lie about not being back. After rage quitting this forum I received some pressure from my teenage grandkids to at least respond, So in the spirit of Germanicus I've calmed down and am back. Though I may have one of them voice my Ideas from now on because I obviously don't do a very good job of it.

To Raven_ff and Fractalite, there was no fraud here, and as Myrmidon was able to point out without calling anyone a liar, translations can go wrong, even in the same language with different ways of thinking.

Raven_FF; in se there are three pages of scenario choices with one long page of setup, don't know why you showed two scrn shots of the one page and I sure can't find thirty pages of setup.

Fractalite; If you are calling me a liar, which you are, in what part have I lied? If your disbelieving my amount of game play time? I tried not to bring up that I'm disabled and I play various games 10+ hrs a day every day, jumping around different games to keep things interesting.

And as others have posted I'm waiting for 12 to drop to start again.

Oh, almost forgot. My teenage grandsons tell me, even though I meant it as a joke, and wasn't pointing at anyone, that I should apologize for my rabies comment because, and it did, might offend someone.

Though I hate political correctness with a passion; I apologize to anyone I've offended with that remark.

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

So in the spirit of Germanicus I've calmed down and am back. :p So, I inspired you...;). Thanks.

Ephoie and runlykhel like this.
  7. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I smirked at that remark - but I'm darned hard to offend. I come from a time when skin was thick, and only rocks or clubs actually hurt anyone. I also am reviled by political correctness, and have for decades labeled it as "social ******, killing society". There is something to be learned from ancients like myself, who managed to survive being called all manner of things without a second thought. It would certainly benefit people today to realize that being called one thing or another by anyone, or any number of anyones, not only does not make it true, but speaks volumes about those doing the "name calling". By shrugging off the best they have to offer, it strips those words of any power over anyone. When that power is gone, the word is just a word, and when it fails to illicit a reaction, it falls out of use.

I know, it simply kills the attention-grabbing of social media, which is a whole other topic for a whole other discussion, but that's really what we want to happen, when no one reacts to someone saying "that word", because words have only the power we give them.

Ephoie, Addy, runlykhel and 2 others like this.
  8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Whether it's broken up by a separate page tab or by scrolling down, it's still dozens of setup options spanning multiple pages since it is not displayed all on the screen at the same time. You can clearly see this in my screenshots, that's why I posted them. I did not say it has 30 pages of setup, I said it has over 30 setup options spanning multiple pages.

If English isn't your first language then I do apologize for the trouble others are having to understand your point, but recognize that this isn't due to any fault in our reading comprehension, it's just that your point may be getting lost in translation.
    If you know that there is a language barrier, you should not leap to conclusions about what others are saying. I don't think anyone called you a liar, and you need to step back and realize that you are not fully comprehending our posts due to the language barrier.
    Or post in your native language forum.

Hiding this behind a spoiler warning because it's getting off-topic:

Don't dismiss the power of words. Laws are words. Contracts are words. Telling someone you love them is words. The news is words. These forums especially are just words. This whole game is just words arranged to create code.

Human civilization is built on words, written, spoken, and acted upon. Political correctness just means we as a society no longer tolerate calling others a racial slur, or telling them they can't drink out of the same water fountain as you. Political correctness is telling someone that they can't go around degrading others based on race, gender, etc, without some kind of social consequence.

Political correctness is not having a thin skin. It's not getting overly offended because of minor, silly things. There are some who do, and they are laughed at by everyone else and they do not represent the younger generations.
    Political correctness is not curtailing free speech. You can still say whatever you want (mostly), on your own time, on your own platform. It's just that others also have the freedom of speech to call you out on it. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

I try to be "politically correct" because I recognize that I have grown as a person, along with our society.
    Things change, usually for the better but not always. What was acceptable 40 years ago might not fly today and that's okay. :D

In my experience, those who complain the loudest about being politically correct also take the greatest offense to being called out for their own words. I am absolutely not saying anyone here is doing that, but just asking others to think twice before they dismiss the power of a word because I guarantee you, for every person who says "sticks and stones... But words will never hurt me", that person has complained about someone else's words.

I remember the bullies I got into physical fights with. Whatever, I kicked their butts. It didn't really matter.
    Know what did matter? When the bully hit me, so I hit him back, and the teacher turned around and saw me hit him. I said that he hit me first but the teacher said it didn't matter because she didn't see it. I learned that day that many adults were stupider than a kid in kindergarten, and the better part of 3 decades later and many adults still prove that to be the case. That teacher's words taught me a valuable lesson, more than any physical fight as a child.

Human civilization is built on words and they have power. If they didn't, we wouldn't use speech as a species. Be smarter than a kindergarten kid. :D

runlykhel likes this.
  9. Addy

Addy Lieutenant

I think your spot on with the feedback, more choices at the start gives people the chance to play the game as they would like.

Really do not want to adjust config files, life's to short :)

runlykhel likes this.
  10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Let us be judges of that, Monseigneur...

Well the rotten corpse was already infested by you when I dropped in. And you just prove my point. You hate liars? I hate hypocrits, which are of the same brand.

People like the OP who express their feelings, even if you don't approve (that includes others doing the same) are just looking for empathy. This evades you and some others completely, for reasons upon which I can happily speculate : you have no life, you have no other skills than to play Space Lego, you lack self-confidence to the point of trying to build it up on an obscure game forum, on the back of targets you deem isolated. In school they call people like you "bullies" and everyone who has minimal understanding knows what motivates bullies.

Just keep in mind that you could do more productive things like getting a real life, learning real skills you can use in more than 1 alpha space sim, and don't forget you are just one in billions. People don't care about Fractalite when they shuffle through special offers on Steam, they don't even care that you hate this or that, or that you're a pro at making an nth iteration of a bunch of blocks in a game.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  11. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

I just read this all.... and see very little resolve.
    All I do know is that I frelling love this game.

I also just wanted to jump in on this thread, cause I was feeling a little left out. :(

Long live Empyrion, and may we all meet one day in Alpha 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 19, 20......etc.

xiaojie233 and Germanicus like this.