Feedback Required Wishlist: BUILDING blocks and structural devices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

missing this variant.. build around it in another build, but this build I dont find a decent looking solution for these 2

Attached Files:

• xxxx.jpg
      xxxx.jpg
      File size:
      183.7 KB
      Views:
    Albert likes this.
  2. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

these 2 would allow to make the thin blocks transitions nicer

Attached Files:

• zzz.jpg
      zzz.jpg
      File size:
      212.8 KB
      Views:
    Albert likes this.
  3. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

I wanted to build an SV using the NASA SPACE SHUTTLE as an example, but it didn’t work out - it’s impossible to get a smooth wing shape, because I DO NOT have enough shapes !!!
    upload_2019-10-25_22-7-6.png
    The game is critically short of "oblique blocks" = ramp to x3, to x4, to x5 and to x6 blocks with a smooth transition (!)
    accordingly - such oblique blocks must be done for corner blocks (triangle) (!)

If you add such blocks, then we (the players) will be able to build a MAXIMUM-REALISTIC model of a space shuttle :)
    ... especially the nose part :)

guardian_de_la_via2 likes this.
  4. megs

megs Lieutenant

hi, when you'll correct the bug for amount of CPU realy in use, it will be usefull to add some CPU amount with computer decoration items in exchange of power eating ( permit them to be set off by signals). Or just add a new item feeding power in exchange of adding some CPU capability (must have signal control to on off).

5. TrashMan

TrashMan Commander

See the image in this post? Ignore the glass. Why can't we have a single block that combines railing+walkway?
    Trying to build the above takes up 3 entire blocks of space. A end with railing takes up 4 blocks. It's terribly wasteful.

Also, lights should be able to share the same block as railways/walkways (and most other blocks). If you want to place a light above a walkway, you have to raise the roof by an entire block. Because of that ships and building tend to baloon and have to have high ceelings and highly inefficient room sizes in general.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    etmoonshade and Monroe like this.
  6. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

I support previous post (# 45) (!)
    Small devices - such as handrails, low fences, lamps, beacons == MUST CLICK ON THE SURFACE OF THE UNIT (even if it is HALF of the unit (thin shadow, or track, or glass).

Because - when the lamp occupies the FULL UNIT = it is WASTE and UNCOMFORTABLE (!)

....... and in general - I believe - that it is LONG TIME to switch to the SHINING OF BLOCKS if the block is NOT COMPLETE = for example, put a “thin corner block (or ramp)” on the “thin wall” to create a “new block”, which harmoniously fits into the overall design of the building (base or ship) (!) :)

TrashMan likes this.
  7. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Commander

Damn looks like some of you should be on the development team...like for real !!!

8. Captain_Brian

Captain_Brian Commander

I wish there was a super thin version of the single and double wall blocks. Like 1 pixel or just a texture thickness.

Reason being there's a ton of designs where I build things inbetween blocks, and I need to add a surface on the outside to cover it up.

For expample:

[block] (equipment) [block]

{space} [1 pixel thick block] {space}

Also, combination blocks would be amazing. (Wall blocks with other blocks built into them, like lights, switches, etc)

9. Zentorien

Zentorien Ensign

i forget what they are claled but gimmbled thrusters should be a thing to keep you level if that makes sence... maybe even rotating solar panels!?! idk i still havnt got the game yet so i may be saying blocks that exist

10. idx64

idx64 Lieutenant

It is not necessary to continue adding quantity of block shapes. In these images you can see the solution simply by deforming the block and in the second with a smaller block (1/9) and it could be built with much more aesthetics and precision. Image 01 - Block Deform.jpg Image 02 - Mini Block Deform.jpg

Albert and xelthor like this.
  11. Roque_THE_GAMER

Roque_THE_GAMER Ensign

I was thinking about borderless windows blocks, since some people like me does like to make our own cockpits and walk around it, it would also improve view inside it, even some combinations were only one side have a border

upload_2019-11-7_7-54-36.png upload_2019-11-7_7-56-16.png

12. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Yeah, I AGREE is a GORGEOUS tool))

xelthor likes this.
  13. Roque_THE_GAMER

Roque_THE_GAMER Ensign

We need pylons for the wings that snaps on it and allow us to put weapons on it, right now we can only let it floating

upload_2019-11-8_12-20-22.png

14. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

It would be great to get a version of "Pipes Fence Kinked" with the pipes/logs rotated 90-degrees, for doing square fence corners.

xelthor likes this.
  15. Albert

Albert Lieutenant

I did not see this post, before creating a thread to add block shapes, so I will post it here. But I'd love for there to be more "pipe" blocks that are incorporated into the different sloped blocks. I will attach a pic of some sketches I drew that hopefully make sense lol

Edit: maybe I am just dumb, but I can't figure out how to delete the thread I posted an hour ago, before placing it here. Is it possible to delete it?

Attached Files:

16. AshX

AshX Ensign

I would like to see a standing cockpit, especially for CVs. Even if that's just a spot where you get locked into place near a console. The Doctor Who's Tardis console is more like what I'm thinking of.

Round Elevators? Might only be for pretty, but there could be bends and corners and junctions in the round form. Sort of like a hamster tube. That would be especially good if the glass was built into the elevator. You could have a spot above the base/ship that was just a tube section for looking around.

xelthor likes this.
  17. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Commander

Alien improved turrets/manual weapons for CV,SV BA and SV (that do more damage than standard ones) and all devices improved into alien version (and uses less cpu too)

18. Albert

Albert Lieutenant

Is it possible have retractable turrets built into sloped surfaces so they can sit on the ship at an angle, similar to how thrusters are?

19. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Hm.. interesting idea... but when they sit in a slope...do you expec the "cover" to be a slope, so when the turret moves UP it is sticking out over the slope it was build into?

20. Dem

Dem Commander

Hover Vessels are micro bases. Can you add missing things ;
    - Retractable bed or just a bed (Like a real life caravan style, 3x1)
    383120_20191116071540_1.png
    - Growing tube (Like 1x3 - growing light is inside / circle, middle transparent tube)
    383120_20191116071107_1.png 383120_20191116071905_1.png

Robot Shark and Siege Inc. like this.