Feedback Required Wishlist: BUILDING blocks and structural devices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Spdgnzls

Spdgnzls Ensign

I would love to see a security camera block or just a camera block (sort of like a spotlight), that could send feed to LCDs or at least become available to use as a view when switching views on a ship... some of my older designs were very powerful (without windows to increase safety ratings) but always had trouble working around the camera angles especially when parking in tight spaces...

I understand that having a View port inside a View port could take a toll on performance and thus why I'd be ok if it only lets you cycle the view as a direct view instead of through lcs... alternately a pixely view on the lcd would even be fine. It's one of those things that's missing to make custom cockpits functional... If something like this can work with lcds I would also recommend the connection between lcd and cam should be done in Signal Logic secion of Control Panel.

2. Overgetter

Overgetter Ensign

The whole suggestion thread would not be necessary if the developers would allow to place more than one object or element on one square. No more need for corners, just place two walls right to each other and u have your corner. Why reduce the usage of place.
    Look to Ark. U can place as much structures in one square as u want. This would solve so many construction problems. This current system makes such a waste of place and is the reason for so many problems.

3. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Fast transit tube for getting around inside a large base or CV.

Think some hi tech equivalent of the moving walkways you get in airports etc. Probably based on the elevator, maybe just side rails, no top, except moves you along at greater than sprinting speed.

Ideally should be a version that is compatible with existing armor blocks, so it could be placed across a large landing pad for eg. Implementation could be as simple as while moving on this block type, your move speed is 4x normal with no stamina cost. (TBH, maybe this sort of bonus should apply to all armor block that you or your faction owns - home walk/run speed and stamina advantage in pvp etc - not that I play that).

4. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

I could see the model railroaders having a blast with this idea.:cool: Who would be the first to get a moving walkway around the whole plant.:D

5. Monroe

Monroe Commander

This may fall under 'needs optical rework' in Hummel's description of what this thread is for. What I would like is hopefully a simple change. Please make all windows tint = clear/light by default.

Windows are for seeing through. Having to go around and change all the tint to light after placing a ton of windows is tedious. Cars are sold with clear windows from the factory. If you want your car windows tinted you do that after, right?

Obcy likes this.
  6. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

What about couple degrees of tint + clear? Different colors eventually?

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The coloring Tool to color Windows:eek:...that's it!:D;)

8. Monroe

Monroe Commander

I don't care how many degrees of tint or what tool is used, I just want them to be clear and transparent by default when you place them.

Obcy, Khazul and ion_storm like this.
  9. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

The coloring tool is for the frames, maybe the texture tool can be used for the tint color...

10. Ralph_on_me

Ralph_on_me Lieutenant

I try to build my own with HVs enclosed in tunnels or locked to rails, which kind of works but also has it's own numerous issues. Having a tram/rail block would be very amazing.

11. mark-o-solo

mark-o-solo Lieutenant

-Missing shape: a block with full square bottom, connecting half a ramp on the left with a full ramp on the right; both ramps start at the front and increase hight toward the back (and symmetric counterpart ofc)
    -Suggested material: Organic metal, eg Xeno and meat to produce it with the property of self repair. Perhaps even with an internal repair bay to regrow lost blocks

OddTheViking likes this.
  12. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

half wedge transition block for corner half A1 blocks

Attached Files:

guardian_de_la_via2 likes this.
  13. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

output_delayed.gif
    20200221_Empyrion_Missing_Shapes_001.png

14. mark-o-solo

mark-o-solo Lieutenant

15. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

To add to comment about windows tints, I have to say I am getting increasingly irritated by the excessive tints on the heavy windows. Even when reduced, I still keep thinking that I missed switching them and that they are on the dark setting, only to find when I try to rotate them they get even darker. Basically they are pretty much unusable for piloting as-is in anything other than bright mid-day sun on a planet.

+1 for completely clear (0% tint) by default. I would also be quite happy with clear one way and tinted the other (like the windows in SE) with the rotate tool reversing this.

This should apply to all windows with all having the same range of tints, including 0%.

Obcy likes this.
  16. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

The problem with this 0% tint, the moment you do go to 0% your no longer looking out a window, but a door. Without the tint or some form of reflection off the window pane. You loose the effect it's a window. And reflections only work from some angles and light placement.
    Yes they need to lower the tint so it's more of a useful window. Because right now it's better to stick your head out the window to see where your going.

17. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

True, but TBH I find the reflections in this very intrusive as well.

I even tried the trick I used to do in SE which is to make the entire bridge or cockpit black to cut them down, but impossible reflections seem to always creep in from somewhere.

I even have full screen cockpits in this (on my starter CV) to try to improve visibility (ie where you cant see the ship, only the view from the window by using wrap around heavy windows).

It doesn't have to be 0%, but if I am noticing it all the time and I keep having to switch to 3rd person to see what I am doing - then its fail. In this we have 3 things conspiring together to make it really hard to see and especially at night - overdone tint, overdone reflections and overdone volumetric lighting. At least we don't seem to have the horrible dynamic lighting thing that SE has :) (or at least I havnt noticed it messing up cockpit visibility).

Obcy likes this.
  18. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

@Khazul Back when I was modeling objects. I would use a 2% black tint with a texture on the glass pane to show it wasn't a perfectly clear opening. Simulated line streaks from bad cleaning. You know those streaks you get when you clean windows and seems no matter how hard you rub them they just don't go away. This at least gave the effect it was a window but still clear enough to look out and see things at night.

Different system then this. So I don't know if they can do something like that here. But it was my solution to the problem of making windows clear enough to look out of at night.

Khazul likes this.
  19. RedSamurai

RedSamurai Lieutenant

20. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020