Wishlist for NPC Crews, and NPC faction members

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by michaelhartman89, Nov 17, 2017.

?

Rapport: Should there be a system added for reputation with NPCs of NPC Factions? If So what?

1. Decision Making - Good vs Evil

2. Yes we Like you, No we don't like you

3. Both

4. No

5. Other: (leave a response)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

A long time ago, in a computer game far, far away called Earth Siege, NPC squadmates could be assigned a patrol route (designated by waypoints YOU select on the map). Each squadmate could be assigned a different route. They could autonomously attack approaching enemies while alerting you to their presence.

Could this be done here?

2. Hector G

Hector G Commander

For NPCs what I would like to see is essentially Mass Effect. Lots of alien races with their own backstories. Ways to interact and work with them. Faction reputation is cool or some way to establish diplomatic ties.

michaelhartman89 and Sofianinho like this.
  3. campcraftyinc

campcraftyinc Ensign

Should there be a system added for reputation with NPCs of NPC Factions? If So what?

Just like skill points rep point based on task or action take loot -points trade/gift + points kill predators + kill prey - rep for that class NPC

4. hoxer

hoxer Commander

I voted no. So if a NPC crew doesn't like you, wouldn't the result just be to go the next station until you find someone who do? Besides in a crew you don't need to like anyone. I think you're payed to follow orders. Whether your subordinate likes you or not shouldn't be any issue if he needs a job

5. campcraftyinc

campcraftyinc Ensign

I get your point but it would add so much more to the playability to the game your action may mean you have to go to the other side of a planet to trade or wait the cool down time

6. hoxer

hoxer Commander

Hmm. I guess faction relations would make sense. In fact attacking a faction and recruiting NPCs from it doesn't seem logical.

Sofianinho likes this.
  7. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Unless part of your crew stages a mutiny because you demolished a bunch of civilian POIs on a planet controlled by their faction. . .

Sofianinho likes this.
  8. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

I'd be happy for starters if some of the human crews weren't wearing ties and such... don't necessarily want them all in uniforms, but... Casual and space-age can be a thing:

[​IMG]

9. hoxer

hoxer Commander

:eek:

Sofianinho likes this.
  10. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I'd like a Create-NPC console, that would be great.... like a "Hire station"

I want to hire an NPC that will pay me complements all the time. LOL

Ballard and Sofianinho like this.
  11. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Whelp. Honesty. +1 *Oh the difference an 'L' makes*

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Sofianinho likes this.
  12. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I would very much like to see decorative NPC crew that wear civilian attire, and by that I do not mean 1950's neckties. @Brimston gets a huge +1 from me. My persona is not military, more of a rogue type. So my crew should be sci-fi civilian looking.

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  13. ECubed

ECubed Commander

I'd hand mine a multitool in the base and say find that last 2%.

DuLux, michaelhartman89 and Ballard like this.
  14. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Poor NPC. ;)

Gal-OSHA is gonna get you.

15. jd1969

jd1969 Lieutenant

more different placeable NPC please, can not have enough of them, Maybe some pets to, would be nice.

16. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Some NPCs in space suits please...
    It's hilarious to watch two office workers arguing in non-breathable athmosphere...:D

17. TrashMan

TrashMan Commander

Wishes are fine and dandy, but implementation is a problem. You have to bear in mind hat devs have limited time and resources AND engine limitations. Thus try to think of the simplest way to implement something.

Moving crew on the ship might be a bit too much. That's why I would settle for the crew deco to have an effect and be animated a bit, even if standing in place. Have he guards act like turrets. Have the commanders/console crew tied to the ship to enable automation and increased efficiency.

For example, place 3 consoles and a captain - designate 1 console as pilot (slight mobility boost, required for ship movement), 1 as weapons officer (required for accurate turret fire), one as engineering station (slow self-repair of devices).
    You need a captian to enable automated AI control of your ship.
    ONLY ONE position can be active at a time and bonuses do not stack. Thet does mean that if you have multiple, if one is destroyed he other takes over.

ion_storm and nexus_absolute like this.
  18. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

Well an easy first step in this direction i could imagine would be something like a 'drone core' for hv and sv. Maybe in combination with a spawner block like used for ai drones to safely spawn them outside a possibly moving ship. Sure not the most elegant way to do that, but its much easier to realize (spawner block could look like a hangar door and depending on size capable of spawning different amounts of vessels).
    Thinking about real companion style npc's that really follow you i still see to many problems like pathfinding for example (however, in the game Elex this was excellently solved by using jetpacks for npc's).

19. Pch91

Pch91 Ensign

the crews need do some thing .... ex guard attack enimy .....

Bollen likes this.
  20. Bollen

Bollen Captain

They could also add a "Disable-Animation" for dancing NPCs, at least then we could use them for further deco...