With all due respect, Eleon, but this game is ALWAYS still Alpha, and that just has to be said!

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Grand Pa, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Grand Pa

Grand Pa Lieutenant

After a while I played again today and I was 3 things more than sour :-(

1. the description of the Repair Bay says the same thing, but still: what the hell is the point of the Repair Bay, if it can only repair defective blocks but no complete components? I have a combat SV here, where the core is 45% defective. The core is placed in the ship in a way that it is only accessible after removing various components. So I never get the ship back to its original state when I want to repair the defective parts. This is exactly the same with thrusters, containers, fuel or oxygen tanks. If they are not directly accessible, there is no chance to repair them...

2. the designer of the ship has installed an opening for the drone in the ship. However, in the current version it is no longer possible to use it, because you constantly get the "error message" that another object is in the way. Until the last alpha I did not know this problem.

3. why does the network work only sporadically correctly or can some parts be collected with the drone and others not?

As an example I have selected the refrigerator as network target and collect edible items. I have now noticed that herbs, vegetables or protein or anything you collect from plants ends up directly in the refrigerator. But if you kill any creature and then press Shift+F, everything ends up in the normal inventory :-(

Unfortunately, I've reached the point where it's just not fun anymore...

2. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

And it has been said...many times.

3. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

None of these are actual issues with the game. They may be designed in a way you dislike, but they are not "breaks".

1. Repair bay: There are two types, one just fixes damaged blocks, the other replaces and fixes. I personally rarely mess with them and just go to a trading station and have them repair. When your ship is exactly how you want it, on the "MAIN" screen in the lower left hand corner there is a "Save Template" button. When you repair it will go back to whatever this template is.
    2. The "something in the way" message means just that...you need to move. Some "drone hatches" are easier to use than others. Try jumping out of the door a bit and then launch it. It comes out behind you and above you, so if you are directly under the hatch it will not deploy. This is not a game design flaw.
    3. This is also not a game issue, its a user issue. You COLLECT things into the network, you pick up things into your inventory. If you use a salvager/drone to harvest something it will go to the network, if you manually grab something (F) you pick it up.

4. Grand Pa

Grand Pa Lieutenant

That's what I also thought: when I save the Template, then it would be exactly reconstructed. But even this is not happening, only damaged / missing blocks will be repaired / replaced. I will try the way with the trading station and have a look if my thrusters and the core would be there repaired.

Sorry, but actually I could move around like I want, the largest of the openings seems to be simply too small. AFAIR this was no problem in Alpha 12.[/quote]

Sorry again, but for me, the meaning of this "logic" simply doesn't make sense. In a game, I want a consistently constant behavior of game mechanics and not just think about how a process behaves in the current situation.

In plain language this means in the game, I must first empty my inventory as far as possible, so that I have enough space for my loot in case of an emergency. Unfortunately it happened to me too often that I couldn't collect things because my inventory was full and the parts were not sent to the network container.

The collecting doesn't work consistently in the game either. Sometimes the collected items end up in the network, but much too often they don't and then the inventory overflows.

In this thread I haven't mentioned the 10% Ore left problem yet, because I had already opened a separate thread about it.

Because of all these points I am convinced that the game still has alpha status and I don't think that I am alone.

Sometimes you just have to give your annoyance some space ;-)

stanley bourdon likes this.
  5. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

To 3. I wish you were right but when i am connected to a container and i pick up some ore with F it ends in the container. And i am happy it goes there. But it wouldbe nice to put it into my backpack with Shift+F.

To 1. Not entirely correct. The two modes "repair damaged blocks" and "restore template" that are just aviable with with T2 repair bay do two entirely different things.
    repair damaged blocks restores the HP of every block of the ship to 100%. But it does not affect missing blocks.
    restore template doesn't affect damaged blocks, it just replaces every missing block.

This is probably the way it is to make a difference between the T2 and the T1 repairbay. T1 just has one of those two modes. Also for some reason the repair damaged blocks mode takes much longer than restore template. i don't know why but therefore sometimes you just want to restore the template to get you ship ready quickly as the repair damaged blocks can take up to several minutes. (Feels like it simulates the time a player would need to repair every block with a Multitool.)

6. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

It would be nice if we could choose using the Shift+F or some other method. But lets face it...its already nice we can connect through the magical funnel that takes things from the bowels of a POI all the way up to our ship with the click of a button.

And you are correct about the T1/T2 repair bays. Personally, I have had a few times my ship was so chewed up I wish we just had a "grinder" to toss the whole thing in and start over.

7. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Sorry again, but for me, the meaning of this "logic" simply doesn't make sense. In a game, I want a consistently constant behavior of game mechanics and not just think about how a process behaves in the current situation.

In plain language this means in the game, I must first empty my inventory as far as possible, so that I have enough space for my loot in case of an emergency. Unfortunately it happened to me too often that I couldn't collect things because my inventory was full and the parts were not sent to the network container.

The collecting doesn't work consistently in the game either. Sometimes the collected items end up in the network, but much too often they don't and then the inventory overflows.

In this thread I haven't mentioned the 10% Ore left problem yet, because I had already opened a separate thread about it.

Because of all these points I am convinced that the game still has alpha status and I don't think that I am alone.

Sometimes you just have to give your annoyance some space ;-)[/QUOTE]

The 10% ore thing is a known bug, and has been reported. But the inventory thing >is< consistent. You may not like it, heck I am not a huge fan, but it is always consistent in how it works. I've learned that when looting using my drone to often manually move things around between my backpack and the storage areas using the inventory system. It isnt the easiest, but as I just mentioned, its a fantasy magical thing where items go poof from 75 meters under the ground and magically appear in our ships hold.