Not a bug Workshop blueprint list is only 300, but you can subscribe to a lot more

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Eldon O, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Eldon O

Eldon O Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 4233
    Mode: Survival
    Mode:Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME:Victorians Hosted by Host Havoc
    SEED-ID
    :1011345

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:No

Reproducibility:Always
    Severity:Minor

Type:Blueprints

Summary: The workshop blueprint list only shows the first 300 alphabetically subscribed workshop items.

Description:
    Steam allows subscribing to at least a few hundred blueprints in the steam workshop. I know this because I subscribed to 624 items in Steam, and the steamapps\workshop\content\383120 folder has 624 entries. However, in-game, only the first 300 are shown, and even if you filter the list, even fewer shown up to the letter it truncated the list at. So now I can't see any workshop blueprint I subscribed to that begins with a letter after L in the alphabet.

Please display the entire workshop blueprint list; Steam already limits this list, and it will never get to an unlimited length, so don't add another artificial limit of your own; you can't keep Steam's and your limits synchronized. You should be able to load all Steam blueprint names and display them on a modern computer easily without causing memory issues.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Subscribe to more than 300 workshop blueprints
    2) Try to view them in the game.
    3) Only 300 are displayed.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

It is a dev imposed limit of 300, yes.
    Not a bug though as they intentionally did it.

The only workaround is to save them as manual saved blueprints as there is no limit to those. Then unsubscribe from those ones and resubscribe to others.

Steam allows something like 15k subscriptions per account and doesn't apply any per game restrictions, just the overall max per account (which they may have actually increased beyond 15k, but that was the last reported limit).
    This is a intentional dev imposed limit though.

I really do wish they would just remove it though and let Steams own limit handle it.
    So what if the loading time gets longer and longer the more you have. If people want to put up with an hour loading time let them IMO.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
    Eldon O likes this.