Help needed Workshop

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Murkalael, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

When I stopped playing, was about the date 1.8 was released. Back there, when I subscribed to workshop builds, they would automatically drop on my save/blueprints/buildname folder, from where I simply test on creative if it was what I was looking for. Now, it's kinda funny, but took me half hour to figure out that new workshop itens, are now saved on a workshop folder with some weird number naming folders, making my life miserable to figure what is what. Is there a setting, or script editing that would allow me to use it the way it was?

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Workshop blueprints always go to the workshopfolder with the ID that is assigned by Steam.
    They do this for ANY game not just for empyrion.

The Saves/Blueprints is a local folder where blueprints go to when you save them in either creative or survival

3. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

That's strange, because I can clearly recall, subscribing for some builds, close and open the game, and there it was for me to spawn in creative or to send to factory, with the same name workshop publisher gave and no other task involved.

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Once you subscribe you need to restart the game, after that the blueprint will be available in the factory and you can spawn it in creative

The folder structure has nothing to do with how that works

[​IMG]