Would like missions for multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zamirathe, Feb 16, 2023.

1. zamirathe

zamirathe Lieutenant

Our group like to play together towards a story in game and coming back to Empyrion after a couple years not playing were excited to try out the changed missions.

So I created a multiplayer server for us. Only to find out a week in that setting it to Default Multiplayer meant ZERO missions except the basic tutorial. So much searching here and on other sites said same thing. Needs a new game with Default Scenario to activate the quests.

So I created a second server for us to test the missions using Default Scenario. Well, the solo missions don't work on said server. Which was a disappointment for us. Put in a bug report because I found nothing about it after the missions were changed last year across the entire forums. Immediately was archived and told to use Default Multiplayer. Hence, point 1 where default multiplayer has zero missions. Might as well have just said somewhere that missions do not work on dedicated servers.

So can we please get these story missions added so that they can be run on dedicated servers? Some of us actually like to play with friends and go through the missions too.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Missions can work just fine on servers but they need to be set up to work in a multiplayer environment. The default story missions are not really set up for multiple people to do them so that would require rewriting many of the missions.

My best advice is to either ignore the missions since they are completely optional, learn to make your own missions for your server, or use a custom scenario that has missions compatible with multiplayer.

zamirathe likes this.