Would like some suggestions for a custom scenario.

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by [TKC]olT3lo, Nov 22, 2019.

1. [TKC]olT3lo

[TKC]olT3lo Lieutenant

Hello.. I rent a dedicated private server for me and a few friends. We are about to do a clean install after A11 and would like to play a custom scenario, which all we've done so far is default. I see the Project Eden which has been updated to A11, just wondering if there are any other worthy entry's that might be worth while?

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. [TKC]olT3lo

[TKC]olT3lo Lieutenant

I'm guessing as of right now there aren't a lot of options for A11 custom scenarios. I think we've decided to just do a clean install of the default scenario and then start again when Project Eden is done. Was kind of hoping for more to do but, it is what it is.....

ravien_ff likes this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Project Eden will never be truly "done". :D It's still a big work in progress, but perfectly playable as a scenario right now. It will be revamped once multiple solar systems comes to random scenarios though, hopefully not too many months away.
    You can probably use older scenarios just fine too, if you're willing to deal with a couple of issues and don't mind missing some of the new POIs.
    This also depends on how the scenario is set up, whether it uses custom or default playfields, etc.

Scenarios last updated in Alpha 10.5 won't have the new traders for CPU parts or the new Polaris snow POIs.
    Scenarios last updated in Alpha 10.0 might not have proper atmosphere colors for planets and the Drone Base shields will recharge and won't have the new Rados snow POIs.
    Scenarios last updated in Alpha 9 should be playable as well.

Scenarios last updated in Alpha 8 will have inactive POIs with no factions.
    Scenarios last updated in Alpha 7 or before will be unusable.

If you want a randomized scenario that just doubles the number of planets, I made this one:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594181950

[TKC]olT3lo likes this.
  4. [TKC]olT3lo

[TKC]olT3lo Lieutenant

hmm.. well, it was my friend who suggested that we wait on it, I'm still trying to decide what to do. I guess the main thing is, if you aren't building in this game, there isn't enough for some players to do. Don't get me wrong, but my friends didn't get into the building much because I kept building everything we needed, and they kind of wandered back to Apex Legends. I was hoping custom scenarios might help with late game content. Guess I'll keep considering Project Eden as we're in no rush to reset the server.

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Project Eden does slow down the mid and end game progression, and depending on starter planet used, the early game too. But there's only so much custom scenarios can do. Right now it's mostly waiting for the devs to overhaul the tech tree and progression system. Just need more mechanics added to the game.

There are mission focused scenarios that give a better sense of progression. Maybe see if any of them are up to date.

[TKC]olT3lo likes this.
  6. [TKC]olT3lo

[TKC]olT3lo Lieutenant

7. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

I've been waiting for the game to develop a bit more before starting the update on what was my server's custom scenario/starmap.

Once we get multiple star systems with multiple stars available, there will hopefully be an influx of new scenarios to choose from.

Nothing against New Eden of course! That one is by far the most detailed scenario I've seen so far.

ravien_ff likes this.