Feedback Required Your most wanted QUALITY OF LIFE feature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 3, 2020.

1. me777

me777 Commander

pickup to connected container for all kinds of sources, and make it consistant: same gui and keys for all containers.
    one key to open and then 1 key to put everything into inventory or another key to put everything into connected container.
    those 2 keys already work on closed container too.
    bonus if the gui is switchable betwen inventory and container for picking single items.

2. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

A good thing to be added, maybe in the N menu, is:
    highlight damaged blocks which are not devices, so we know what's up to repair.
    Currently it's possible to set a waypoint in the device menu for devices like thrusters, tanks etc. but alas not for common hull blocks that are damaged. It's sometimes hard to see with the eyeball that blocks are damaged.

3. Stampy

Stampy Lieutenant

I don't know if it's been mentioned previously, but I would dearly love to be able to search in the PDA registry of systems that I have visited, and maybe get some options to sort by name, distance, etc. In my current run-through I have explored hundreds of star systems and to find that one POI or trader somewhere out there is a pain in the arse at the moment. I have to check every system entry to see what's in the list. I can reduce the work by choosing capital vessel, base, etc. but it's still leaves a ton of entries to manually shift through.

Unless I've completed missed how to search in the registry...

A Mueller likes this.
  4. idx64

idx64 Lieutenant

A friend.-

5. AmicusJose

AmicusJose Lieutenant

This player PDA registry list, and an option to save customized travel paths.

A Mueller likes this.
  6. Skeliliz

Skeliliz Ensign

I would like for the wifi of your vessels and bases to chain together. IE: when you are in your base, but not the ship docked at your base. Because the wifi of the ship can see the wifi of the base, then you can also see the ship as if you're in the ship.

related: allow the wifi of your ship to cover your drone. so if you're at one end of a long ship you don't have to run to the other end of the ship to drone out and add a turret or whatever. as long as you're within your wifi coverage, your drone should work.

A Mueller and cmacleod42 like this.
  7. AmicusJose

AmicusJose Lieutenant

what does it mean by "your drone"?

8. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

"your drone" = personal drone activated by F5.

I think the case discribed is when one has a long ship and wants to put something on it with the drone, but drone is out of range after going through half of the ship.

And while the ship has both remote connection blocks to cover the whole ship structure it would make sense for the drone to work within this range without the need of going here and there on the ship to adjust yourself to drone range.

A Mueller likes this.
  9. Fuse512

Fuse512 Ensign

The ability to align my ship to another. Like the 'O' feature but specific to the closest ship or building.

Slam Jones likes this.
  10. PBRStreetgang

PBRStreetgang Ensign

Searchable registry. It is a database, right?
    Keybind control panel switches, very basic feature for a game of this caliber.
    Please please please listen to your player base. These are very simple and have been requested for a long time.

A Mueller and Stampy like this.
  11. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned before, but a "Power Statistics" screen that breaks down how much energy the components on your HV/SV/CV/BA are using would be nice. Sort of like how the CPU one breaks down what each component is using for CPU power.

A Mueller, Slam Jones, Addy and 3 others like this.
  12. Fuse512

Fuse512 Ensign

More warning of incoming attacks. Even if we could have (or have much louder) weapon sound effects when shields are hit. An alarm of a newly detected enemy would be very nice.

Unless I'm paying attention, my shields are gone and I'm hearing blocks being destroyed...

A Mueller, Slam Jones and Addy like this.
  13. Mycroft_Groks

Mycroft_Groks Lieutenant

Open API commands so I can automate crafting through scripting. Imagine the time saved by automatically keeping your ship stocked with..say...fuel cells.

A Mueller and me777 like this.
  14. theshockcable.tv

theshockcable.tv Ensign

the uniforms npc wear that are looking like Startrek or some Naval uniform.

15. Dagobert

Dagobert Ensign

I'll be a bit boring, maybe. But I'm dreaming of EAC support for linux. Is there someone who shares my dream?

16. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

I'd like an alarm clock suit attachment so that when I go to sleep on a planet whilst waiting 3 hours for daylight, I can set to to wake me before I've wasted most of the day in bed like some life estranged teenager.
    or perhaps, we can be granted the choosing of our own bedtime and sleep duration. (in survival solo of course)

I shocked myself for not thinking earlier when I found that moving the 'core' does not move the structure centre... yes you can imagine what my language was when I discovered this myself when only half of my base was done....

So
    Sleep duration choice
    Moving the core moves structure centre

I do wonder though if the devs or staff even check these pages as perhaps they see suggestions as unfounded gripes by new players who don't know their butt from their elbow, and or folks that are simply not coping too well with the Eleon vision, no doubt I fall into both
    categories (except I'm a bit less new)

17. corpowat

corpowat Ensign

tractor beam.
    drones to defend player and ship?
    mech walkers for players.
    bombs!

Repartiendo plomo likes this.
  18. Darkwhistle

Darkwhistle Ensign

1. Additional toolbar slots.
    2. A way to discover the threat level on an enemy ship before coming in range of their guns.
    3. Some sort of remote notice that a base or ship is about to run out of fuel.
    4. Edit, after 2000 hours of play I discovered the faction button on the toolbar...woo hoo!
    5. When I'm inside a poi, a radar map limited to the poi.
    6. A short cut or toolbar item to reload turret ammo.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  19. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

1. Being able to choose / set / order radar & weapon slots in hotbar to our own preference
    2. Assign hotkeys to (P-Menu) Signals / Custom (so we dont have to enter P-Menu mid-combat)
    3. Grav-Gen for SV

20. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

this.