Feedback Required Your most wanted QUALITY OF LIFE feature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Some sort of prograde marker in ships. As in, a toggle-able marker on the HUD that shows your direction of travel. Would be great for precision flying of CVs, etc, especiialy when heading to a distant POI. Just adjust your velocity until the prograde marker is on top of the waypoint, and sit back and wait, assured that you will go exactly where you planned to.

2. Hardage

Hardage Lieutenant

a better way to show the blocks and items while hovering in the construkter. it is so annoying when i search for something and the whole window is covered by the tooltip

Insopor, A Mueller and builder680 like this.
  3. Aaron(Wakfu)

Aaron(Wakfu) Commander

this times 100

Insopor and builder680 like this.
  4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Mined asteroids; mark the ore percentage in the registry:
    Please show them in the registry like deposits which means give them a % of ore left so we don't have to re-visit those which are already mined. Revisiting mined asteroids easily happens after you re-visit a playfield after a longer time. And there is also another curious (but logic) reason to mark them as already mined: Advanced players will just use the console to destroy them once mined, so the problem has gone. BUT: You could at some point make an ID reading error where you destroy the wrong object in your game - and that will usually hurt badly, believe me... The more destroying operations you do the more likely this will happen :(

Inappropriate and Slam Jones like this.
  5. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

In the control panel, in statistics, where it shows the stats of "Cargo Lift Available", a stat which is tied directly to gravity, it would be helpful to have an indicator of the current gravity level on the same page. When designing a ship, especially in space, it would be very helpful information.

[​IMG]

Taking it a step further, it would be nice to have a slider, which you can move to see how much Cargo Lift Available your ship has for different g levels.

6. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

I'd like to join this discussion. For me the most urgent QOL feature would be the ability to turn off some notifications. On latest version update (not the hotfixes) the amount of notifications increased like crazy, from mining to targeting and so on.

Slam Jones likes this.
  7. bobo8734

bobo8734 Ensign

I would love the following quality of life additions/modifications made. In my opinion, these are all common sense things that should already be in the game:

1 - A way to search and organize the registry. It is next to impossible to search for things that I or my faction has located. I'm very tired of having to manually search 400+ systems to identify ship locations (i.e.: Toveras, etc.) or anything else for that matter.

2 - A way to establish a flight path in the system map. Currently, I identify my endpoint and show that on the map, then backtrack to the limit of my jump range from the starting point, which is a kludge at best. Make this thing more intelligent and easier to use. I know there is an Astic script to do this, but this is functionality that should be in the game.

3 - A way to search the cargo boxes/containers for items using the search box. We can search for box names, but I want to search the contents of all the boxes to find items.

4 - Fix the darned statistics so they quit resetting within a running version. I keep seeing Taelen (apologies if I have misspelled it) saying it is not a bug, but... well, yes it is. The statistics for 9 to 11 of the categories on the B menu keep randomly resetting whenever I approach the top of some of the lists. It has been said in the forums that this is normal and occurs when a wipe command is issued. This is not true on our multiplayer server. We don't issue the wipe command unless it is a major version upgrade, at which time we stand up a new server. That triggers a stat reset as expected. However, individual players have most of their statistics randomly reset and the trigger seems to be as they get close to the top of more than one list. So, I repeat, this IS a bug. I have yet to find a way to replicate the issue as it appears randomly, but I have figured out that most of the stats are stored in the background database, so it should not be difficult to have a function/stored proc that can backup this data on player exit and reapply it if an unscheduled activity resets any of the boards.

I have more, but these are the major ones. I live in this game since Alpha 6.x, with 11,718 hours in it to date since I am disabled with Alzheimers and this is the game I can remember how to play. To me, #4 is the most important as the statistics are what remind me of what I need to work on (my short-term memory is about 3 days). To give an idea, it has taken me a few hours to write this, which would have taken the normal person 10-15 minutes. Thanks for a great game and I hope to see bigger/better things for it in the near future.

8. lolodu099

lolodu099 Ensign

let me throw rock at zirax/drone early game
    Add a way to prevent Enemie vessel teleportation Inside my vessel

Noob42 likes this.
  9. builder680

builder680 Lieutenant

A sortable registry.

Ability to toggle volumetric lighting off and subsequently be able to see the spotlights cast by my cv when in 3rd person, because performance demanded draw distance sacrifices for them, to allow for volumetric lighting when it was introduced.

A Mueller likes this.
  10. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

Agreed!!

11. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

While I'm experienced enough to create the motion switch, I have to agree with this post. Having the teleporter turn itself off when a player isn't on it makes sense.

12. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

What a great idea! I'd love this!

13. AlterDraconis

AlterDraconis Lieutenant

Empyrion is missing a big global goal. Like any sandbox game, the principle of "entertain yourself" works here.
    It's poorly implemented in the game. I propose to make some kind of "faction war". Let's say I want to cooperate with the Polaris faction.
    I destroy Zirax's POI and request an Outpost from the Polaris. Polaris drop an automated complex from orbit, occupies the vacant space,
    which turns into a small settlement. In the settlement, quests for construction are issued (make so many steel cubes, bring a generator, etc.).
    Over time, Outpost turns into a settlement, merchants and others NPC appear in it. Let's say there are players playing for Zirax,
    they can declare war on the settlement and then I, playing for Polaris, will be able to fight him in local PVP
    (the battle zone from PVE turns into PVP for a while). Thus, a global goal appears, which should increase interest in the game.

A Mueller, Wellingtoon and Slam Jones like this.
  14. Noob42

Noob42 Lieutenant

So here's what I'm thinking. Random planet starter option. I want to have an option to be spawned on a completely random planet in a random system somewhere in the empyrion universe. Roll the dice and see if you can survive. That said I'm sure there would need to be some sort of character reset option built into main game at that point but I like the idea of being tossed some where and you just need to figure it out.

Brings me to another thing I'd like to see is starting out you are always allied with the same factions in the same way. Would like to be able to choose starting alliance. Could be pirate, zirax etc and have the other reputations scaled accordingly.

15. Jokey

Jokey Lieutenant

This sounds like a challenge that would make me play EGS again, and it doesn't look too difficult to implement. Please do this.

16. JluKBuD

JluKBuD Ensign

- ability to complete solo missions together in coop mode.

- gardener drone

- ability to move around the ship in flight

- medical station for SV

- extraction of sprouts from plants

me777 likes this.
  17. Troa Barton

Troa Barton Ensign

Solar panels charge my base while im away.
    Really sucks to come back to a dead base

global modifiers for durability, ability to repair, and repair amount.

18. teammate

teammate Ensign

Is there a key to toggle auto-brake? If there is I didn't find it

19. Westworld

Westworld Commander

By default, that should be the "I" key.

The ability to complete solo missions together in coop mode.
    Engame Storyline.

A Mueller likes this.