Feedback Required Your most wanted QUALITY OF LIFE feature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 3, 2020.

1. paulo.pontes

paulo.pontes Ensign

I really want to setup a multiturret to automatically dismantle a neutral (uncored) structure or a friendly named structure.

TheGazbeard, Sup and Orclover like this.
  2. Orclover

Orclover Lieutenant

Been thinking about this a while and wanted to be sure nobody else brought this up. The popular one(s) have been covered :D

I want to be able to link the Wireless Device and the Teleporter to other locations Teleporter and wireless device. If both are under your faction you control then you should be able to move resources from one location to another through the teleporter from a container on one side to a container on the other side through vast distances without having to manually haul everything through or warp everything over in a ship.

Probably not difficult to implement but might be too easily exploited without testing it out.

3. Trump

Trump Commander

You can drag them onto your yellow logistics hotbar and drop them into the factory that way. The "T" key won't work when the factory screen is up, but you can still manually click over with the hotbar icon. It's still cumbersome but at least you can drop in 500 large steel blocks at once.

4. Trump

Trump Commander

I'd like the ability to always be in first person when using my character and 3rd person when I'm piloting a vehicle.

5. Raevyn Darke

Raevyn Darke Ensign

A few ideas:

- Mousing over a block with the multi-tool should show which shape the block is, so you can easily find it in the block menu instead of spending 20 minutes trying to figure out what shape it is. (pleaseohpleaseohplease)

- A view like SI, except for blocks in need of repair, so you can see what needs to be fixed instead of having to go over the whole structure brick by brick.

- Improved flatten/fill functionality.

- A terrain painting tool, so you can restore grass/sand textures.

- An option to show ground-based enemies on the minimap instead of just drones/ships.

- A depth meter.

- An option to turn off item dropping on death (or at the very least, like others have said, have items return to their previous hotbar slots on recovery).

- I imagine this is already in the works, but...missions/faction missions available in multiplayer.

- Ability to upgrade your drone to increase its operating range.

- Limited range portable personal teleport device (...okay, a hearthstone. I want a hearthstone.)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  6. Locky

Locky Ensign

A feature which I personally think is useful relates to the map. For example if I use the search facility and select a distant system the most direct route should be system generated and plotted on the map. Similar to the map features available in Elite Dangerous.

garyice and monktk like this.
  7. Ricochet

Ricochet Ensign

1.) More Sensor Types! (Timer, Light-Level-Sensor, Atmosphere-Sensor)

2.) Abbility to connect Passenger Seats with turrets
    when you using the seat you get the Control over the Turret, if you leave it you dont have it anymore. with this Feature you dont have to move through the Devices List anymore (maybe a new Block? "Officers Seat" or "System Turret Control Station"?)

3. The new Flight-UI for third-Person View too (maybe optional)
    its a cool UI, that helps to fly your ships... too bad its for First-Person only (if the game doesnt bugs it into your third-person-View what isnt a bug for me! its a feature! :D)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    garyice, lendarker and shadowiviper like this.
  8. tachyon

tachyon Commander

• Weapon grouping on ships and the ability to sort them on the hotbar
    • Signals/switches on hotbar
    • Weapons firing at the cursor (and not at the crosshair) in pilot mode

9. Dreuseff

Dreuseff Lieutenant

I would like to be able to navigate the Control Panel entirely by keyboard, without using the mouse at all.

tahaan, johnietoth1967 and cmguardia like this.
  10. Ricochet

Ricochet Ensign

forgot something:

4.) Use a Tree-View for to show our Blueprints. so we would be able to categorize them properly and can find them easily with few clicks

garyice, Sup, OddTheViking and 2 others like this.
  11. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Having an (ctrl/shift/alt)+F<X> option (or anything) to access Custom/Signals would be a very big QoL!

tahaan and johnietoth1967 like this.
  12. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

1. A way to assign weapons to specific hotbar slots on vehicles.
    2. A way to assign switches from the control panel to vehicle hotbar slots.
    3. Add traders to the occupied settlements I keep finding.
    4. A way to sell more random junk. Especially T2 Assault Rifles and Epic Pistols - I've never found anybody I could sell either of those to.

lendarker, OddTheViking and monktk like this.
  13. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

An "auto-reload all" for ship's weapons could be handy... Right now it's a bit tedious to go into each and every turret to manually reload them. I don't even have to read to know that it has been asked before, I just add my voice to the crowd... :)

14. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

4. Being able to access a wireless network (like the cargo box on my CV) while trading with NPC's.

15. Dragen3

Dragen3 Lieutenant

I know they have been mentioned before but i will add my support for

1) Controlling which direction i leave the cockpit of a vehicle. Useful for many reasons but one example is the Merc Mx5 has a switch inside for turning off thrusters and a Armor Locker and can access the cockpot from both inside and outside the enclosed space.

However when you fly it somewhere and get out. You automatically exit to the roof of the cockpit so in order to turn off thrusters with the switch and/or swap to armor appropriate to your environment you have to either climb across the vehicle(probably dropping in through the "drone hatch") or walk around to the door on the back (Stern) to toggle off thrusters and/or change armor.

While you can toggle off the thrusters from the P Menu before leaving the cockpit, that will not help with the armor swap.

2)Being able to define where on the Vehicle Hotbar Weapons and Devices (Detector, Drill Lasers) appear

OddTheViking likes this.
  16. mogthew

mogthew Ensign

Allow naming of containers - makes it easier when you have many controllers and cargo containers within the base
    Allow the ordering of the containers, and make them persistent - same reasoning as above.

iliapugach, Cluascorp and Addy like this.
  17. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Ability to plot/set a course in galaxy map for the CV to get from System A to system B, either with autopilot jumping (as long as there is enough Pentaxid in the tank)from system to system, or with regular jump mechanics as are working currently. Of course if while the player tries to add in the course a system that is located outside the warp drive max distance, it should not be added.

18. Addy

Addy Lieutenant

Changes needed
    • Better lighting, the lights in the bases are to dim.
    • More options in the game setup screen.
    • Repair drones, automatic base repair after attacks, obviously allowing for available materials.
    Ability to turn off/sort radar markers, change between displaying ores, bases/structures and drones.

Constructor can sort finished items into different containers, like ammo into ammo container etc.

Let us name our containers.

Map needs updating so I distinguish water and different areas better, the old map was bright and easy to use, this map is abominable, especially if your colour blind.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    monktk and Cluascorp like this.
  19. shadowiviper

shadowiviper Commander

1) Light detector / trip wire beam should trigger from any entity crossing it e.g. an SV, HV, and continue to provide a signal if a ship is parked blocking the beam

2) Auto-level "O" button should be in relation to gravity if there is any, including artificial gravity so when docking an SV to a CV you can level out in relation to the floor you're landing on

3) Docking/landing gear shouldn't be automatic - when landing an SV as soon as the first gear touches the ground it locks you in place and if not perfectly level over a CV in space (see point 2) you have to undock and try to manually level out. If docking requires a key press you can keep pushing downwards until all gears are on the deck and level before engaging the docking clamp

20. Dragen3

Dragen3 Lieutenant

For those that have mentioned Naming Containers. You can already change the name of basically anything that can be sorted into groups in the P Menu, including containers.

While the name does not display on screen in the First Person view. It will be used in all the drop down menus for things like Constuctors, Food Processors, and the Linguistics Network.

That alone should help with the finding the right container in most menus but you could also use the LCD Screens and Projectors to create labels for your containers that are visible in First Person.