Feedback Required Your most wanted QUALITY OF LIFE feature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

I was just painfully reminded of one I forgot to mention:

5. Please give us a way to defend ourselves in the water!

Addy and jones99306 like this.
  2. mr_road

mr_road Lieutenant

ALL mission dialog and descriptions able to be reviewed in the PDA, so when I put the game down and come back a week later I can recal what I was doing.

3. krb243

krb243 Ensign

firstly congrats coming out of alpha...it's time for some content! now that i have a whole galaxy to explore i need a reason to do that, other than the usual poi and grind. i assume that's where beta comes in. so here are my suggestions:

1) make gui tools for modders to create societies, factions, civilizations, quest lines, npc's without having to go into config and ini files (an overlay to softly manipulate the tier of coded instructions if you will). example: if i want turrets on my sv's then i should be able to do that without finding and opening a file to manipulate it's code. give us prefab buildings for towns and cities if not whole cities and towns and a means to populate them. there are millions of stories to be told and explored given the tools for the novice to do so. character and npc creation models would be a big help here.

2) eleon could create dlc-sized content (ala star trek or star wars or babylon 5; etc) to sell to us and help keep eleon solvent for many years.

3) i do have one request about mechanics. i'd like the t2 repair bay to have the option to upgrade or downgrade blocks within a cv/hv/sv. it drives me crazy having to do this one block at a time. yes i know there is a console command, but to me console commands are only to fix the game so i can continue to play, otherwise it's cheating. taking shortcuts to bypass boring or repetitive tasks is cheating the game. those tasks should be mitigated using in-game methods (access to or building better equipment). if i have to cheat a game to have fun playing it then i don't play it; what's the point.

dichebach likes this.
  4. Doc Aze

Doc Aze Ensign

- faction access as default
    portable constructors, water generators, autominers etc. should allow faction access as a default
    spawned blueprints, placed starter blocks should not be set to private, but to whatever faction you are currently in

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    johnietoth1967 and dichebach like this.
  5. Nope, nope, nope.
    Once they are set to faction, if you aren't the faction owner or admin, the only way to get them back to private is to remove the core and place another one. Except with your suggestion it would just be set to faction again over and over.

It would be literally impossible to have a private structure with your proposal unless you are the faction owner or admin (without server admin commands). This would be extremely bad for many reasons.
    These should all stay as they are currently, set to private until manually set to faction.

Even a faction owner or faction admin couldn't help you since they would only be able to set it to private to them, not private to you.
    No thanks on this idea.

Edit
    In the past the way we had to deal with this was for a faction owner or faction admin to set the structure to public and then you could set it from public to private for you.
    Since the devs removed the public option (stupid idea) we now have to remove the core to get it set back to private. With your proposal this would be impossible now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
    Deadalready and Arguro like this.
  6. Doc Aze

Doc Aze Ensign

dammit, true, never noticed
    i deleted the part with the core, if needed you should be totally able to have your private vessel/base without the help of an admin, probably not a small qol feature after all :-/

7. LurchUSA

LurchUSA Lieutenant

AUTO RUN key. It's like the throttle, but for humans.

lendarker, monktk, dichebach and 2 others like this.
  8. CaoCao

CaoCao Ensign

- type "SV" "CV" "HV" "Base" into filter and sort by placeable on

- search containers

9. lirezh

lirezh Ensign

Quality of life .. FIX THE BUGS ?!
    Since YEARS you have a laggy inertia camera in person and drone 3rd person that makes playing it laggy, seasick and unbearable in that mode.

No sense of quality at all with Eleon.

lendarker likes this.
  10. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Captain

I want to be told what shape the block is when I mouse over it with a multitool

11. Deadalready

Deadalready Lieutenant

So many small things that would make a huge difference...
    • Selling to ignore your items in player hotbar
    • Items to return to their original slots when you loot your backpack
    • Reloading to be cancelled when switching weapons
    • An item/upgrade/tool to automatically disassemble your own builds and recover the resources
    • Multiblock retrieval on the multitool/turret
    • Meteorites to be 1000% faster to mine
    • An automatic fruit picker
    • Being able to rearrange the weapon hot bar on ships
    • Remote un/docking for all craft (why do I need to swap cockpits so much???)
    • Either less ammo types or clearer naming conventions ie CV Rockets, CV Homing Rockets, CV Lasers, HV Minigun Ammo.
    • Blueprints to have their control panel viewable before spawning (no longer spawning outdated/noncompliant builds)
    • Creative to have infinite stacks of items (instead of running out of blocks while building wtf?!?)
    • Being able to copy blocks and textures while building
    • Shift clicking blocks into your hotbar to not reset the shapes there
    • Heavy armour to have just a little bit more jetpack time...

12. sulferon

sulferon Lieutenant

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language.

The main game function of the player - the pipeline.. This is extremely frustrating.

1. Automation of logistics. For example, fuel tanks must be automatically charged from a specific container. And constructors must remember what they produce, regardless of the availability of the resource. Let the docked ships automatically charge from the base.
    2. Set the priority of supply. Batteries are the last. Reactors first. Or manually... Why can't the generator charge the batteries?
    3. Real reactors work for years. In the game, nuclear fuel is burned like kerosene. This is illogical, and unrealistic. P.S. Promethium is almost not found in nature. It is as real as plutonium growing on bushes. It is more logical to "burn" conventional uranium in reactors. Although, this is already grumbling...
    4. Configuring the flight toolbar. Every time you press P, then switch to the menu, and search for the device - very tiring.
    5. Factory? It is clear that this is a workaround for reproducing recipes. But there should be more logic. For example, a fabricator block associated with a container. We select the recipe in advance and place it on the ground in advance. Align the drawing. Then we start production. Resource - to the container. Fuel - to the generator.
    6. Not enough converters like the Sabatier reactor... Imagine a block that sucks in atmospheric air, releases oxygen, or(and) water vapor, decomposes water, and fills tanks with oxygen and water.

I apologize if my tone seems inappropriate. This is just speculation.

lendarker, johnietoth1967 and Arguro like this.
  13. SmorgasBorgnine

SmorgasBorgnine Ensign

More sorting options beyond HV/CV/SV/BA in the workshop. Essentially, allow us to quickly find builds that work with current build... CPU Efficiency % ... CPU Tier...Mass/Volume amounts...Alpha/Release Version

johnietoth1967 and Deadalready like this.
  14. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Auto-sort templates for all inventories.

What does this mean? I can configure my suit inventory how I like (lets say columns are A through E; rows 1 +).
    A1 : Detector
    A2: Ore Scanner
    A3: Emergency Ration
    A4: Unassigned (meaning anything can go there)
    A5: shotgun shells

etc.

Now, whenever I plop stuff in there it AUTOMATICALLY goes to its assigned slots.

To make even better, have a right-click widget that allows three "Sorting Priority" choices: Unassigned / Preferred/ Exclusive.

1. Unassigned: the slot functions exactly how the vanilla inventory systems function right now. If there is an item in the slow already, then additional items will tend to stack up there to the stacking limit, otherwise the "first" insertion items will go into the first unassigned slot open. This setting is just basically "use vanilla functionality on this slot."

2. Prefer: If an insertion into the inventory includes the assigned items, then they will go there. This is the "baseline" functionality for the auto-sort system. Any additional overflow will just go into some other unfilled slot with Unassigned set. If all slots in an inventory have items and there is only one empty slot remaining which is set to "Prefer" and any additional items are inserted, then any items can go into that Preferred Slot. So basically this setting insures that only the specified item type will go into the slot unless no other slots are available at the moment new items are inserted, in which case any item can go there.

3. Priority: same as Preferred, except that ONLY the specified item type can go there. No other item type will ever insert into the slot.

I cannot tell you how many hours of my play time have been spent sorting my inventories into EXACTLY the order I prefer, and a system that allows users to: A. Arrange items in a particular inventory how they want; B. Select one or multi-select multiple/all the slots in that inventory; C. Open a widget and tell the inventory "Set Template" and lastly; D. Assign the desired "Sorting Priority" to each assigned slot.

Now, any time stuff is inserted into that specific inventory, *!POOF!* it automatically sorts itself!

An additional feature at the level of the item assignment would be to allow more inclusive categories to be assigned to a slot, for example:
    A1: tools
    A2: weapons
    A3: raw food
    A4: drugs

etc.

One last feature would push this whole thing over the top: allow users to save a particular template, give it a name and then reapply it via just a few clicks to any additional / new inventory they control in the game.

15. dichebach

dichebach Captain

This is already (in part) in the game (well the naming part is). You just have to assign containers/devices to groups in the control bar. However, what is not in the game (or at least I have yet to decipher its use):
    Sorting of entries in the control bar (desperately needed to bring the U.I. up to Win 98 era standards! :D)
    Saving of Group Configurations and auto-assignment of them to new/unsorted constructs (I always use the same set of groups for vehicles and a slightly different one for BA and I cannot tell you how many hours of my life I've spent typing in these same gosh dang strings over, and over an over)
    . . . something else too but it now escapes me.

As @Dragen3 said: this will NOT place visible names on the containers in the 3d camera but it does assign them names in the control bar. The choice to include "LCDs" as devices that have to be constructed and then applied and filled in was an interesting design choice, and I will not argue for it or against it. But it would appear that the intention of the developer(s) is that: IF a user wishes to be able to glance up at a view of items (containers or devices or whatever) in their BA, CV, SV, HV and quickly identify which one is which, then they must build those damned LCDs, slap them on there and then fill in the text.

Building is virtue I suppose :p

16. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Ill toss out some...

1. It was mentioned the N menu has an "undo" option, but I normally need to "undo" something when I am coloring texturing and I couldnt get it to work, so a quick and easy "undo" option for the texture tool would be nice.

2. For the furnace to also smelt stone into a base form...I know the constructors can do iron/copper/silicon, but it would be helpful if the furnace could do one.

3. Crouch/kneel/crawl...

4. A device or tool to speed up dismantling ships. We have a magical factory that pops them out of existence...so having even a tool similar to the repair bay that disassembles them would be so much easier than doing it manually or just having a graveyard of ships/hvs laying around. It could even return half the materials, and only directly to the factory for all I care. (i know there is a console command to zap things out of existense...but I am really trying to play within the games 'open' parameters)

17. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Highlight damaged blocks selection in N pane.

18. dichebach

dichebach Captain

My interim solution: Auto hot key. Here are the script I routinely use. Puts a little bit of extra overhead on hardware, but little.
    Code:
    ; this is a comment in AHK syntax
    ; Hotkeys for use with Empyrion Galactic Survival
    ;
    ;----Auto Move Forward Press Ctrl + Alt + W------
    *^!w::Send % (toggle := !toggle) ? "{W Down}" : "{W Up}" ; Ctrl+Alt+W toggles state of the W key between down and up
    ;----Alternate Auto Move Forward Press Alt + W------
    *!w::Send % (toggle := !toggle) ? "{W Down}" : "{W Up}" ; Alt+W toggles state of the W key between down and up
    ;----Auto fire Primary (gun, miner, whatever) Forward Press Ctrl + /------
    *^/::Send % (toggle := !toggle) ? "{/ Down}" : "{/ Up}" ; Ctrl+/ toggles state of the / key between down and up
    ;----Auto edge forward slowly Press Control + l-----
    *^l::SetTimer, SpamKey, % (toggle := !toggle) ? 525 : "Off"    ; 525 milliseconds between each press of "w"
    SpamKey:
        Send, w
    return

19. Asmodan

Asmodan Lieutenant

I'm annoyed about how the Lights work. Sometimes its very Dark and you can't see anything, then you turn on the lights and its like you stand in the middle of Fog and you still can't see things. So pleace remove this stupid Fog like effect from the Lights so they become actually usefull.

20. Atomino

Atomino Captain

I don't want to see the same thing on every planet.... randomly generated flora and fauna would be nice.